It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussel Bombers planned attacks on Nuclear Plants!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Apparently 12 hours of footage has been found in connection with the two brothers who were part of cell who bombed Paris and Brussels. It has lead intelligence to believe they were planning to carry out attacks on Nuclear Plants.

Obviously this is like everyone's worse nightmare but how successful would any attack really be? I've heard people who work at nuclear plants say it would be extremely difficult to carry out any attack that would seriously breach nuclear facilities because of the safety measures in place. Is this true?

Anyway power plants have been put on heightened state of alert which is perhaps just as well as now we are told there could be several still on the run.

What woild concern me more is the profiles of the people who actually work on these plants. It said the other day there are many working in the Police in France who are radicalised. Surely that would be the easier option for someone to arrange an inside job!

www.sigmalive.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I think an attack on a nuclear power plant would be Very difficult for these type of terrorists.. The logistics, planning and equipment needed would be far beyond their capabilities.
I think this type of story is just more scaremongering and reaffirming how much 'protection' we need..

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Trying to attack one of our power plants would be a walk in the park.
These facility's have no real security, and apart from the few smart people working there, most of them are just workers.

Personally I find them a joke, everyone knows they have out lived their usefulness. Yet because our government lacks a long term plan, no alternatives are available to give us enough power.

There has been reports of drones flying over our plants, ( same goes for France tho )
We had a fire in one our plants, because someone let the valve open for the mechanic that oils the turbine. So you can imagine what happened. The whole turbine went up in flames because of the heat and friction.

Most of the power plants in Belgium have gotten emergency shutdowns, ( recently a lot ) so you its a joke.

We also have like a gazillion fractures in our cooling-tanks, ( which is a world phenomenon it seems )

So basically, if terrorist want to attack our plants, they just have to wait.
We'l kill our selves.

edit on 24-3-2016 by Belgianbeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

And if they did succeed Europe would be under martial law, making any civil liberties null and void.

The same civil liberties people think would be threatened if they "unjustly" targetted radical muslims

So I guess its good people are lucky sometimes.

It just sucks when luck runs out

edit on 3 24 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This whole thing is based on fracking humanity apart and attempting to 1984 humanity into their own demise.

I say it's all Bull Crap ..... When the 'fck' is someone to do something about it?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Is it really, scaremongering.

Perhaps you didn't see Brussels?

Egypt.?

Should we baby these people coming in and be PC about it? You realise these Immigrants were born and bred to destroy that which is contrary to their beliefs, they see you me and anxious wens and everyone else here as a THREAT to the RELIGION.

Should we just disgreard the reality of this fu'king thing and say oh but they didn't really mean it? WTF

Who's f'ing side are you on anyways?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Egypt.?

Should we baby these people coming in and be PC about it? You realise these Immigrants were born and bred to destroy that which is contrary to their beliefs, they see you me and anxious wens and everyone else here as a THREAT to the RELIGION.

Should we just disgreard the reality of this fu'king thing and say oh but they didn't really mean it? WTF

don't be so ignorant.. These atrocities are at the hands of but a few. You cannot condem a whole religion, culture or country because of a few bad apples..
Because if you do then all this brainwashing and anti Muslim propaganda has certainly worked on you.

Terrorism is nothing new.. Here in the UK we had years of it from the ira.. Does that mean we should clasify all Irish as terrorist scum.. Bred to be that way?

Those in control want you to be scared, they want you to have this ignorant attitude.. That way they can control you..
edit on 24/3/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

At least one islamist extremist had access to the Doel nuclear power plant while he was working three years for one of their contractors. He left to fight in Syria in November 2012.

one of the suspects in the same trial in Antwerp had unfettered access to some of the most sensitive sections of the Doel nuclear power plant in Belgium until he left to fight in Syria in 2012.
Contacts between the Belgian Islamic radical group, Sharia4Belgium and fellow supporters in rest of Europe has been confirmed

And the 2014 turbine leaked oil incident at the same plant is thought to be due to sabotage:

Electrabel confirms Doel 4 nuclear power plant sabotage

Worries about insider threats at Belgian nuclear sites were further stoked in October 2014, when officials discovered that a 26-year-old Moroccan-born man who had worked in a sensitive area of the Doel power plant, Ilyass Boughalab, had died in the spring while fighting for the Islamic State in Syria. At the time of his death, Boughalab was already under indictment in Belgium for participation in the activities of a group known as Sharia4Belgium, a now defunct radical movement bent on converting Belgium to an independent Islamic state, Van der Sijpt of the federal prosecutor’s office said. Boughalab passed a Belgian security services background check in 2009, when he was hired by a contractor to inspect welds in highly sensitive and vulnerable areas of the reactor. Since his death in Syria, “several people have … been refused access to a nuclear facility or removed from nuclear sites because they showed signs of extremism,” Scheerlinck said.
The Islamic State’s Plot to Build a Radioactive ‘Dirty Bomb’ The jihadist group appears to have been looking for nuclear materials in Belgium.
edit on 24-3-2016 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: adding info

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Back in February, Derniere Heure reported that the terror cell behind the November attacks in Paris was interested in the movements of the head of Belgium's nuclear programme.

Alright,so a random newspaper reported already back in februarythat a terror cell behind the Paris attacks was monitoring the head of Belgiums nuclear program. So a newspaper had more info about the terrorist cell than the police obviously. Wtf ?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I'm sorry but i think you are the one being Ignorant.

Who do you think is bloody causing this chaos?

Power Hungry Ass'holes thats who.

And i did not condemn an entire religion or belief, don't stretch the truth i didn't say that.

What i said was that Anglo Saxons and others who live peacefully in Western Countries and Europe 'until recently' weren't even frickin bothered by Religion until your asinine Gov't decided to trash our 'Anglo way of Life' and shove a million ISLAMIC believers into a White Nation and then Pretend it would Work. HELLOOOOOO IS ANYONE F*CKING HOME? Sometimes i wonder how many rich bigots are sitting here watching this and actually thinking about what the people think and want, or are they just bending over for their masters because ... MONEY...

Everyone can see what's going on but you, apparently and a few other ding dongs.

Wake the F'ck Up.

edit on 3/24/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/24/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

Egypt.?

don't be so ignorant.. These atrocities are at the hands of but a few. You cannot condem a whole religion, culture or country because of a few bad apples..
Because if you do then all this brainwashing and anti Muslim propaganda has certainly worked on you.

Terrorism is nothing new.. Here in the UK we had years of it from the ira.. Does that mean we should clasify all Irish as terrorist scum.. Bred to be that way?

Those in control want you to be scared, they want you to have this ignorant attitude.. That way they can control you..

Seemed like many of you did during the IRA attacks.

Those in control are letting them in, and preaching co-existence. Why would they do that if they want you to be scared? Makes no sense.

edit on 24-3-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

What is up with all the swearing and aggression on ATS recently?

It's as if Alex Jones has possessed people.

Anyway Anglo-Saxons have had scores of immigrants over the years, muslims have always been here and a couple of terrorist attacks or xenopobia isn't going to stop that.

Also guess what? the average chap doesn't care for religion... any of them and those with half a brain can look at the stats and come to a conclussion that terrorism will unlikely effect them and most religious people are not terrorists.

Hey if we could get rid of the hyperbole surrounding Islam and terrorism we might live a more harmonious life.

As for the topic.

Nuclear plants are possible targets. Most were designed when Russia was still USSR and therefore most defences will be strategic with added security as years went by. Strategic defences such as sea defence to stop torpedoes and submarines attacking water inlets.

If someone was serious about hitting a nuclear plant they could. I'm doubtful of damage beyond repair or turning the place into an irradiated hell hole. But if determined it's possible to risk meltdown or force emergancy measures of which a mear mention of would cause outrage and panic among citizens.

More importantly, ISIS is bold. They are serious about targets and a nuclear plant is a very serious target.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Egypt.?

So in the middle east, they don't stone rape victims, or push homosexuals off buildings, or hang them, subjugate women, enforce sharia law complete with cutting off limbs as punishment, oppress other cultures, segregate themselves and all this good stuff as dictated by their religion?

Just a few?

Or do you mean only those that follow it openly are a few?

Obviously, the propaganda has worked on you to be so sure that there is no intent even within so called moderates, which is a term even those in the middle east deny exists, because there is only islam, not any moderate version of it.

even with all the evidence to show that there is a large percentage that would support sharia law in western countries, it's just a few...

good grief..

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Hey if we could get rid of the hyperbole surrounding Islam and terrorism we might live a more harmonious life.

So if "we" change, then we can live with islam harmoniously.

I'm not changing my way of life to appease some bigot from another land where intolerance and bigotry are rampant. sorry.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Apparently 12 hours of footage has been found in connection with the two brothers who were part of cell who bombed Paris and Brussels. It has lead intelligence to believe they were planning to carry out attacks on Nuclear Plants.

Obviously this is like everyone's worse nightmare but how successful would any attack really be? I've heard people who work at nuclear plants say it would be extremely difficult to carry out any attack that would seriously breach nuclear facilities because of the safety measures in place. Is this true?

Anyway power plants have been put on heightened state of alert which is perhaps just as well as now we are told there could be several still on the run.

What woild concern me more is the profiles of the people who actually work on these plants. It said the other day there are many working in the Police in France who are radicalised. Surely that would be the easier option for someone to arrange an inside job!

www.sigmalive.com...

Tighten up your fear goggles, and embrace your inner coward. The mainstream media would NEVER lead you on.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul

originally posted by: RAY1990

So if "we" change, then we can live with islam harmoniously.

I'm not changing my way of life to appease some bigot from another land where intolerance and bigotry are rampant. sorry.

Hyperbole - To overly exaggerate something to get your point across.

I never asked you to change nor would I without reasonable thought. Just like ufology, terrorism has it's "truthers" exaggerism at it's finest and downright nonesense. Also just like terrorism it is a subject where all the nonesense makes it difficult to make an informed, logical conclussion.

Again nobody asked you to change, I mentioned how the topic of Islam and terrorism have a lot of nonesense and hype. You are kind of showing that with your knee-jerk response.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

What i said was that Anglo Saxons and others who live peacefully in Western Countries and Europe 'until recently' weren't even frickin bothered by Religion until your asinine Gov't decided to trash our 'Anglo way of Life' and shove a million ISLAMIC believers into a White Nation and then Pretend it would Work.

And you do realise that your "others" includes Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists who are born in Europe and have been for many years..
I presume you are German if you have had a million immigrants added to your 80M population and as agreed by your democratically elected government. Just remember this approx 1.2% addition will be wanting to progress in a positive way with their lives. Don't let the 20 ish mainly home grown criminal terrorists from France and Belgium taint your view as they are a minute proportion of our European 739 Millions.
www.muslimpopulation.com...

Well said MrLondon..

don't be so ignorant.. These atrocities are at the hands of but a few. You cannot condem a whole religion, culture or country because of a few bad apples.. Because if you do then all this brainwashing and anti Muslim propaganda has certainly worked on you. Terrorism is nothing new.. Here in the UK we had years of it from the ira.. Does that mean we should clasify all Irish as terrorist scum.. Bred to be that way? Those in control want you to be scared, they want you to have this ignorant attitude.. That way they can control you..

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I was going to mention 'drones' but somebody beat me to it. They are easy to get hold of and ost ikely wouldn't need the bomb /s to weigh too much. I've heard those small drones can carry 1,000 kg which is quite a hefyu load!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I think an attack on a nuclear power plant would be Very difficult for these type of terrorists.. The logistics, planning and equipment needed would be far beyond their capabilities.
I think this type of story is just more scaremongering and reaffirming how much 'protection' we need..

Yeah, it's pretty tough. We have nothing to worry about.

Three activists, one an octogenarian Catholic nun, were sentenced to between three and five years in jail Tuesday for intruding onto a nuclear site in 2012.

Catholic nun Megan Rice, 84, received a sentence of just shy of three years in prison, while Michael Walli, 65, and Gregory Boertje-Obed, 58, each received sentences of five years and two months in prison. The three have already served eight and a half months while awaiting sentencing.

The trio of activists call themselves Transform Now Plowshares. They were arrested in July 2012 for trespassing on the Y-12 National Security Complex, a nuclear weapons plant in Oak Ridge, Tenn. The activists cut through several fences and spray painted biblical messages on the sides of buildings that house enough highly enriched uranium to make an estimated 10,000 nuclear weapons. They were convicted in May of intending to harm national security and damaging government property.

nation.time.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It should be considered a National security Threat to leave a Nuclear Plant un-protected or UNDER-PROTECTED.....so if a handfull of criminals could warm up a Nuke then use small numbers say 4-5 -10 guys and automatic long guns to push their way into a critical area...then there must be multi-tiered AUTOMATIC LONG-GUN AND ANTI-PERSONELL measures aleady in place...........there should be an International meeting on this issue and encouragement for Global requirements for ALL COUNTRIES to provide agreed upon standards and levels of National Security for these plants.So really we should see minimum -100 Soldiers rotating out in 8 hour shifts at every Nuclear Plant we have...60/60/24/7/365.....with 3-400 personell needed per plant Barracks are a good idea.

<<   2 >>

join