It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaldean Genesis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I love the website sacred texts.com, they have everything in the public domain regarding every religion. For this particular thread I am just going to state that the Bible account of Genesis has long been known to be one version of a common myth in the ancient Middle East. I am providing a link to the Chaldean account, which also contains access to the Chaldean and Babylonian deluge accounts. And hopefully you enjoy it.

ChaldeanGenesis
edit on 24-3-2016 by Jonbet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonbet

Will check it out, thanks! With all of the repeated themes throughout known history, it's funny that people usually use the repeated nature of the accounts/stories/mythology as their "proof against" religions (usually Christianity, specifically.) I've always seen this more as an affirmation of the underlying truth(s) of the stories.

Either they're happening repeatedly, on some type of cycle, for whatever reason, or the stories are being retold throughout the ages, and the history dates waaaaaay back to the original 'happenings.' In other ways, I feel there is occult (meaning hidden, some people wrongly think 'occult' means evil or satanic or whatever) knowledge embedded within religious texts/accounts. By considering and studying all, or multiple versions, sometimes the core meaning can be more easily discerned than merely considering one.

In many ways, I feel as though each different iteration of the same (more or less) story is just a different "skin" overlaid on the real "meat and bones" of what is being told.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Definitely. The Chaldean account is fragmentary, but you will be familiar with the different gods. It is not the alleged monotheistic style of the Hebrew, which was not originally monotheistic. Elohim means Mighty Ones or Gods.

new topics

join