It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters who blocked Fountain Hills road at Donald Trump rally charged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Jacinta Gonzalez, 30, Michael Cassidy, 32, and Ben Laughlin, 28, are charged with obstruction of highway, a misdemeanor, Montgomery said during a regularly scheduled press conference Wednesday.

The trio had chained themselves to their vehicles parked in the road leading to where Trump would make a final pitch ahead of Arizona’s presidential primary Tuesday. Protesters with megaphones and drums chanting “Donald Trump, shut it down!” blocked westbound lanes of Shea Boulevard near State Route 87 and eastbound lanes near the entrance to Eagle Mountain.

Good! Blocking a road is completely unacceptable, I don't care what you're protesting or who you support. It puts people in danger in multiple ways, including the protestors. I wonder if if any were actually paid for this.

When they send their protesters, their not sending their best.

Link

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yeah I agree, that was a stupid thing to do. It's dangerous and you're putting innocent people at risk, especially if they're on their way to the hospital. There's a right way to protest and that wasn't it.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I'm all for protesting as long as it isn't dangerous/threatening innocents livelihood. It's actually kinda scary thinking about what could have happened if someone had a medical complication in that mess.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I'm not sure I understand how that is only a misdemeanor... But glad they are being charged.

It's a friggen road! People that are non-political need to get where they are going!

Somewhat drastic hypothetical... If my son got injured at school and had to be hospitalized and I couldn't get to him because of these dirt bags...?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I'm even for civil disobedience but I would never do it on a road and if I ever did then things have gotten bad, like Mad Max bad and civil disobedience has been upgraded.

It's just dangerous and you're putting people at risk. It was a two lane highway? Lots of traffic? Those who have enjoyed coming to a complete and unexpected stop on the highway know it's not fun.
edit on 23-3-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I'm not sure I understand how that is only a misdemeanor... But glad they are being charged.

Really? Here in LA I sometimes see these annoying young brats (teens all the way up to 30s) who cross in the middle of the street wherever they want, dangerously bringing traffic to a screeching halt on purpose and then just stand there entitled for a few & mock traffic with machismo, flip the cars off, or make posturing moves like they are Justin Beiber posing for cameras or something. If they even got a misdemeanor I'd be psyched. But if a cop saw them they'd merely get a simple jaywalk ticket, if that. And they aren't even fighting against the idiocy that is the runaway Trump train. Only a misdemeanor?... Gimme a break. I'm sure if they were on your side you'd be singing a different tune, instead of wanting to give them the chair.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

"Gimme a break. I'm sure if they were on your side you'd be singing a different tune, instead of wanting to give them the chair. "

Hey, dipstick, I said (paraphrase) "if my kid needed me"...

You think leaning toward a particular politician supersedes my need to take care of my kid?

I also never mentioned capital punishment.

Your mini-rant is very telling. It says a lot more about you than it does about me.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Hey, dipstick, I said (paraphrase) "if my kid needed me"...

Dipstick? Nice debate tactics. You created a hypothetical that you yourself described as "somewhat drastic" and are now taking it seriously as if it actually happened.

Yes, my use of "giving them the chair" was metaphorical... come on man, you have to know I didn't actually think you wanted them to get the death penalty.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yeah! Now they'll be punished so they'll crawl back into their free speech zone and protest only in a manner (non-threatening) that is acceptable to TPTB.

Go team. People are always asking, "Why don't we do something?"

This is why. When people do, the whole world calls for their arrest.

For interrupting their f# commute.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Why Don't We Do It In The Road...Why Don't We Do It In The Road...Why Don't We Do It In The R o a d...Why Don't We Do It In The Road... Everyone Will Be Watching Us , Why Don't We Do It.. In The Road .

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Yeah! Now they'll be punished so they'll crawl back into their free speech zone and protest only in a manner (non-threatening) that is acceptable to TPTB.

Go team. People are always asking, "Why don't we do something?"

This is why. When people do, the whole world calls for their arrest.

For interrupting their f# commute.

Well, yes, when you do something dangerous and illegal there should be consequences. This wasn't protesting in a threatening manner. This had real potential to hurt or kill somebody. Not to mention the vandalism that occurred to vehicles. This was an unacceptable way to act against words they didn't want others to hear.

What if they were blocking the roads to an abortion clinic? Is that okay too? Maybe they'll decide to block the roads to polling places. Is that okay? Then it's blocking the way to book stores selling books they don't like or theaters showing movies they don't like. We're just not having it anymore. Today it's Trump they want silenced, tomorrow it's me or somebody I know.

This wasn't a protest. This was an attempt to bully and it backfired in a glorious fashion.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Yes, my use of "giving them the chair" was metaphorical... come on man, you have to know I didn't actually think you wanted them to get the death penalty.

Fair enough.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Protest is good. What they did is bad.

They could have caused a death if someone was in an ambulance sitting in traffic.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Just because it's a misdemeanor doesn't mean it won't have far reaching consequences.
Their chances of ever getting a conceal carry permit are shot.
Employer back ground checks will cause their application hit the waste can.
Their insurance rates just went up.
Mortgage applications will come with higher interest rates.

These little arrests ain't so little.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
April 29, 2016

Now I'm getting an idea of at least part of the Donald Trump protesters make-up. They're PRO-Illegal aliens. The violence tonight in California confirms this.

Story: www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

join