It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great trick for instantly awakening from Sleep Paralysis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeisGrand

Jesus meditated so I don't see how it is demonic unless you are dealing with demons.

Psychological aspects of meditation are not religious. Atheists meditate for discipline. You sometimes need an escape and meditation is common enough with the non religious so it's not demonic.

Now if you want to compare sleep paralysis to possession, I could go for it being a demonic attack of sorts. It is effing scary enough.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeisGrand
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

I don't know OP. Meditation is opening up your mind to demonic influence and/or possession. Advising people to learn meditation is actually opening them up to this demonic harassment, not the other way around. smh.

If your religion, faith, or conscience does not permit you to meditate then don't - optionally, find some other technique of calming your mind that is more akin to your way of life.

-MM
edit on 24-3-2016 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

Step #2: Once you are relaxed then imagine that your body is starting to magically float upwards in the air, just like you are suddenly lighter than air; don't try to force yourself to float, it should feel natural. If you got the technique right you should wake up within a couple of seconds, if it does not work the first time then keep trying and perhaps you will get it to work as I did.

Good luck and happy floating! Let ATS know how it went - others would like to know

-MM

You just explained the basic steps for OBE's.

Sleep paralysis is nothing more than the first stage of awareness to OBE, or astral projecting.

The vibrations, and heavy feelings always pass if one relaxes and goes with the flow.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Would star you for your post but for some reason you have a minus symbol where an empty star is. So here is a thumbs up instead.
a reply to: Jonbet

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

May I ask how to wake up when you become aware that you are in a dream when a vicious entity is chasing you throughout an endless and most unpleasant corridor maze and you have a gut feeling that if it catches you, you are done?

I know it`s not exactly sleep paralysis but it is more like a dream paralysis or a mix of both. It was like I was in my body and couldn`t move in one second and pulled back into the nightmare in the next. There was no time to relax...only run like a...

Make no mistake, I have had sleep paralysis and I got used to it but this one was one of the kind. I don`t know what would have happened if I wasn`t awoken by my GF.

edit on 24-3-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

I don't know if it can compare, but to my experience you must face your fear. I used to be bullied by these black entities during paralysis about 20 years ago and I could not wake up. They would toss me around my room like a ragdoll in this dream or what you may call it. One night I had enough and decided to take a stance, in my dream I morphed into this monster that looked like a 10 feet tall praying mantis and I ate one of the enteties that bothered me - I have not been visited by them 20 years later.

-MM
edit on 24-3-2016 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

As said, fortunately this was one of the kind and it happened almost 10 years ago. I got a sensation that if it catches me, it would possess me as if get into my body, that`s what I meant of being done.

But if it happens again, I`ll try to remember and fight and hopefully prevail
I just hope that it won`t be a demon who returns back to my body...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
My daughter just asked me can you breath during sleep paralysis. I'm guessing you can otherwise you would not be here discussing it. No one has answered me how long an episode lasts.

You can breathe because the only things paralyzed are the parts paralyzed during certain parts of the asleep cycle.

So just like you can breathe during sleep and dreams, you can breathe during sleep paralysis.

When you are dreaming, things like your arms and legs are sort of shut off so that you can't actually act out your dreams. It is a safety mechanism. The chemicals in your brain and body that paralyze the body during dreams usually are released and wear off as part of the normal sleep process.

When someone has sleep paralysis, your mind wakes from dreaming or sleep BEFORE the chemicals wear off. Usually, by the time you wake, the chemicals are already gone and you move normally. So when your mind wakes first, you are unable to move your body.

I am unable to open my eyes. I can't open my mouth, and I can't speak.

It lasts for a fairly short time though it can seem like longer. It lasts as long as it takes for your body to flush out the paralyzing chemicals.

It really messes with your head because it takes a few seconds to understand it isn't a dream because you can see or think you can see. Sometimes out is even your actual room...but your eyes are closed.

It is a very odd experience...and I feel lucky I have never had continued visions of creatures or beings like some.

Though, usually at first there is a LOT of fear involved for me.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I've experienced it twice and it was around a time in my life when I was stressed out about my job, winter of 2011 or 12, I can't remember, I was also watching a lot of Paranormal Witness, the t.v. series at the time; so I thought that might have had something to do with what I experienced.

The first time I experienced sleep paralysis I was unable to move my limbs but I could tense my muscles and I could open my eyes, though only slightly. It lasted a few seconds and as I lay paralyzed trying my hardest to move my big comforter moved further over me by a few inches as though some ghost were tucking me in. Freaked me right the heck out; a second or so after that I was able to wrench myself out of it. I wasn't fatigued though; I was pacing all over my house with a rush of Adrenalin, and couldn't stay there.

The second time it only lasted a moment or so and once again I was able to open my eyes, but not as much as the previous time and I was able to slightly tense my muscles. Now I wear glasses and have pretty bad eyesight, so I'm not entirely sure what I saw but I think I saw a hanger in my closet slowly move back and forth and then stop after maybe two or three times. A second or so after seeing this I was able to wrench myself out of it and I was up and out of the house with a spike of Adrenalin, I couldn't go back into my house for the rest of the day over jittery nerves.

Both occurrences happened within days of each other and both happened in the morning. I haven't had any experiences since. And I didn't feel any malevolent intent, I was just scared I couldn't move even though I was awake. I feel for people out there who do feel negative entities in such a state!

And I agree with Realtruth, parts of your advice does sound a lot like the steps you take to achieve OBE.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
i still struggle with the "waiting it out" phase. its much easier for me to force myself awake and out of it completely

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join