It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Greenglow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I did a search on here and found two threads for this project from 2002 and 2006, so I hope it is ok to post a new one instead of resurrecting an old one.

To be honest, I had never heard of it until today when I stumbled upon the BBC link and was wondering if anyone had any more recent information on this project.

Some quotes from the article :

If it was possible to make gravity push instead of pull, they would have a potentially infinite - and free - source of propulsion. It would put BAE Systems at the forefront of the greatest technological breakthrough since the invention of powered flight. It might just be worth a small punt.

Some theorists are now breaking ranks to offer radical explanations, among them Dr Dragan Hajdukovic at Cern, who has developed a theory that gravitational polarity does exist. He says: "So far, we believe that gravity's only a force of attraction. It may be that gravity can also be a force of repulsion but not between matter and matter but between matter and anti-matter." It's a theory Cern is gearing up to test next year. If Hajdukovic can show that anti-matter particles fall "upwards", he not only opens the way to some form of demonstrable anti-gravity on earth, he almost certainly wins a Nobel prize into the bargain. Yet even if he is proved right, harnessing such a phenomenon in any practical sense could be beyond our engineering capability.

I am sure that new developments must have happened on this project in the last ten years and the fact that the BBC is posting a story about it now means it is still active, with both Boeing and Pentagon showing an interest. Sadly in the article there are no date references, to the different projects that scientists are working on regarding this research, but as the article is new, I guess that work is still ongoing on this revolutionary idea.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

Interesting that its called Project GreenGlow, because a few sightings of ufo's report craft with a green glow coming out the back end.
edit on 23-3-2016 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

There was a TV programe on the BBC tonight I enjoyed it. It can be viewed on BBC iplayer if you are able ? Worth a watch

www.bbc.co.uk... 59 Mins

This is the story of an extraordinary scientific adventure - the attempt to control gravity. For centuries, the precise workings of gravity have confounded the greatest scientific minds - from Newton to Faraday and Einstein - and the idea of controlling gravity has been seen as little more than a fanciful dream. Yet in the mid 1990s, UK defence manufacturer BAE Systems began a ground-breaking project code-named Greenglow, which set about turning science fiction into reality. On the other side of the Atlantic, Nasa was simultaneously running its own Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Project. It was concerned with potential space applications of new physics, including concepts like 'faster-than-light travel' and 'warp drives'.

If I could put it on youtube I would do so.

Just realised an earlier today Thread.. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 23 3 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added more

edit on 23 3 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44

There was a TV programe on the BBC tonight I enjoyed it. It can be viewed on BBC iplayer if you are able ? Worth a watch

www.bbc.co.uk...

If I could put it on youtube I would do so..

Yes, that link was in the article too, sadly I cannot get BBC here (and never watch the tv anyway), might try to get it on iplayer this weekend. I was just curious how this concept/idea had escaped my radar as it is the sort of thing that intrigues me, and if anyone had more recent info on it. If someone could post the show on youtube and link it here, that would be awesome.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Interesting that its called Project GreenGlow, because a few sightings of ufo's report craft with a green glow coming out the back end.

Yeah, the article has a funny take on how the name came about:

They asked Evans to go away, consult with his colleagues and come up with some concepts. He brought them a drawing of a vertical take-off plane, powered by an as-yet non-existent "gravity engine". He worried it didn't look visionary enough, so he asked the artist to add some green rays emanating from the plane - a green glow. When Evans's bosses decided to give him a small budget and an office, Project Greenglow was born. "It was incredible, everyone was captivated by what we were trying to do. We were overwhelmed."

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Interesting

Wasn't the Nazi Bell project reported to glow green ?

Doesn't the earths magnetic poles glow green when the magnetic field get struck by charged particles

Why are CERN involved ?

I secretly have always suspected CERN was a cover project for research into time travel and wormholes

Just a thought

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Not heard of that project, ta - link here for those who are like me and never heard of it before.

Thanks m8

a reply to: TritonTaranis

edit on 27-3-2016 by 1984hasarrived because: typo - duh!

top topics

join