It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for WMD in Iraq ended

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
As easy as it is to acquire/manufacture WMD via the blackmarket, it is entirely ignorant to think that any terrorist nation (especially Iraq) dont or never did have them. With the months of stalling done by Saddam and some of the inspectors, there was plenty of time to get rid of or destroy them. Also, there were lots of shreds of evidence of them found, but because, all of the substances and equipment found, could possibly be used for other things- the Bush haters decided that the terrorists were telling the truth, and Bush was lying. Seems to me that all of you Bush haters completely set aside all of your common sense (if you ever had any to begin with), and try to discredit him whenever you can. I would bet that if the "evil" American government was chasing terrorists in your neighborhood, you would let even Bin Laden himself into your home to hide him! You claim in one breath that we sold them WMD, then flip-flop by saying they never had them- which is it? I never hear any of you put any blame on Clinton, who had more opportunities to stop the WTC tragedy long before it happened. I am not saying that the Bush admin. is faultless, but I am saying that you idiots seem to have found a scapegoat to pin it all on, because of your lack of intelligence in the whole matter. Our country has been screwing up for years, the amount of loss we are experiencing now because of this admin. is only so shocking, because of the media, and because more idiots have computers. We lost more soldiers, in one battle during WW2 than we have in this war. You all blame Bush for 9/11, but you are the same people that were against the profiling that it would have took to prevent such disasters. You people will never be satisfied, no matter what Bush does because you are still hung up that Gore didnt win! If Bush didnt go to Iraq, and Saddam sent us a big cloud of sarin, you would have blamed him for that, bitching that we didnt do what we are doing now. If your family was in Iraq, and was tortured, raped, and murdered, you would blame him for that too. WMD did exist in Iraq even if they cannot prove it, you'd be stupid to think otherwise! 1) we helped them get some of it, 2) France has been supplying them with the chemicals for years- fertilizers, and insecticides, that can be used for many things other than what they were made for. If you watched the news with your brain turned on, you'd remember the barrels of it all in huge underground caches- in the middle of the desert- I didnt see any farmland in the nearby landscape of those photos or film rolls. Sarin was found, but since it was only in small amounts, you genius' say it couldnt possibly have been used for the murders of the thousands of Iraqi's found there. Iraq owes France billions of dollars that they were contracted to pay back in oil, now they might not get paid, thats why France has been our biggest obstacle in this war (other than all of the idiots here that want to believe Bush is so terrible). 3) if Iran and Syria has WMD (it is well known that Iran does), you would be a fool to think that Iraq, which was much more powerful than Iran,didnt have WMD. Any of you see the footage of all of the people in Iran that Saddam killed with nerve agents and gasses? Guess what- those are WMD's.
HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE BELIEVE, JUST BECAUSE THEY CANT PROVE 100% THAT THERE WERE WMD IN IRAQ, THAT THERE WERE NO WMD IN IRAQ???
4) in Desert Storm we fought against Russian tanks and artillary (for about a minute and a half). Why would you think that Syria isnt getting what was removed from Iraq from the Russians? We know that Russia no longer has a strong government, but the Russian blackmarket, is and has always been the strongest asset to the Russian military. I dont know if it is true that Russia helped to remove WMD, and that they are now giving it all to Syria, but you dont know that they didnt either!
Many of you say that this war is all about Bush's greed for money and oil, maybe there is SOME truth to that, but you can bet that all of the opposing countries are against it for all the same reasons!
For all I care, America should let all of the other countries in the world, fight their own battles, since we get crapped on by virtually everyone we have ever helped in one way or another- now even people I consider my American brothers (and sisters of course) are crapping on us too! I think we should learn by Australia, and be neutral in everything that isnt in our best interest, but I really cant think of anything that the rest of the world does that doesnt affect us in one way or another.
WMD did exist in Iraq! Terrorists are in Iraq! Common sense will tell you that this war is just- no matter how much it hurts right now, the future will hold all the rewards!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Don't worry with all the bad tactics of the present administration and poor managing of post war Iraq, the insurgents would had gotten their hands by now on some nuclear or chemical MWDs, but so far is only the explosives what they got.

So be happy it was not MWDs in Iraq.

Perhaps Saddam ate it all.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by c00ster
Also, there were lots of shreds of evidence of them found, but because, all of the substances and equipment found, could possibly be used for other things- the Bush haters decided that the terrorists were telling the truth, and Bush was lying.

So, show us all this evidence, then. I've been through this many times. They found a few empty warheads with "traces" of chemicals. They found some aluminum tubes, which were later determined not to be even close to the type that would be used for manufacturing nukes. Is that it? Anything else? Are those the big shreds you speak of? Of course we know he had more chemicals and weapons at one time. We supplied them!
But that was a long time ago, now.

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Damned]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
c00ster, no dis', but that looks like a cut/paste.
Do you have a link?

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
well cooster, its like this. you can like bush, you can hate bush, or you can be indifferent. what you cant deny is that bush was adamite that they WMD. they dont have them, he was wrong, period. its not maybe, its not if, its not perhaps. he was wrong or lieing, i cannot say which. either one has cost us more in terms of international respect and trust than one can put in words, like it or not. you can post all you want on internet message boards, but it does not change the minds of entire nations.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I am deployed Iraq and I cannot believe that the public announcement saying that "we're done looking for WMD's". Let's just say that 6 days ago my patrol may have searched a car and found a cylindrical cannister made of 1" lead labeled "RED MERCURY-1KG" with hazard symbols all over it . And let's also say that we may have found about 20 laminated documents along with it, obtaining several chemistry equations, diagrams, charts, etc....depicting things that "would not be good for humanity". Also included in the documents were things like: "TOP SECRET", "FOR MILITARY USE ONLY", "EXTREMELY DEADLY WITHIN 1000 METERS", and so on.........You should see a little more "unfolding" of the story soon. And this is NO joke!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Even if what you're saying is true (and I really won't believe it until it's confirmed), they still haven't found any actual WMD.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pedigreechum
I am deployed Iraq and I cannot believe that the public announcement saying that "we're done looking for WMD's". Let's just say that 6 days ago my patrol may have searched a car and found a cylindrical cannister made of 1" lead labeled "RED MERCURY-1KG" with hazard symbols all over it . And let's also say that we may have found about 20 laminated documents along with it, obtaining several chemistry equations, diagrams, charts, etc....depicting things that "would not be good for humanity". Also included in the documents were things like: "TOP SECRET", "FOR MILITARY USE ONLY", "EXTREMELY DEADLY WITHIN 1000 METERS", and so on.........You should see a little more "unfolding" of the story soon. And this is NO joke!

good job. i researched it, and red mercury theoretically could be used as the trigger for a nuke, but if you dont have the nuke you dont have wmd, get it?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Now, why am I not surprised by this?

What I am surprised, and quite frankly disturbed by is that despite this, there is little evidence to suggest any lack of support of the Bush- nor the Blair Administration.

Lovely.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
yes, it scares the hell out of me that the media is not crawling up their posterior right now. especially blair, coz they just about hate him to pieces anyway. and of course no one questions the dubster...
(except us conspiract nuts, huh?)

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
But, you know, Saddamn was a horrible person and I do believe Bush cares and respects me, thus he acted in my best interests. *Stares dreamily at a picture of Bush.* I think the stress of being President was a bit too much and he should be given the benifit of the doubt, after all, he is a great guy. *Sighs Contently.* It wasn't so much a lie as it was an expression of love and reverence for the american public. *Reflects on the good fortune of having caring, intelligent leaders*

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I thought I heard like last year that the Russians had removed all of the illegal weapons in Iraq.

Supposedly large tractor trailer convoys from IRaq to Russia.

Or did that not happen? Makes sense to me that it would have.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
But, you know, Saddamn was a horrible person and I do believe Bush cares and respects me, thus he acted in my best interests. *Stares dreamily at a picture of Bush.* I think the stress of being President was a bit too much and he should be given the benifit of the doubt, after all, he is a great guy. *Sighs Contently.* It wasn't so much a lie as it was an expression of love and reverence for the american public. *Reflects on the good fortune of having caring, intelligent leaders*

man, the *sighs contently* part was really reminisant of the character john bender in the breakfast club... you get way above top secret vote for using sarcasm to convey an obvious message.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pedigreechum

I've read similar statements hundreds of times since 2003. All of them were false. There is no reason to believe you at this point either.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Lack of evidence does not imply that there were none

Apparently what is not being mentioned is that the Duelfer Report states unequivically that the lack of finding significant WMD's does not mean that Iraq did not have those asserted and claimed WMD's.

edit:
This was further emphasized by Joe Lieberman, member of the Senate Armed Services Committee this A.M.

seekerof

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Seekerof]

Wishfull thinking.

Im getting flash backs to the cold war reading your post when a neo-conservative think tank put foward evidence that the Russians had new submarine technology, it was proved that they didnt, so the think tank said the technology was so advanced that it couldnt be detected.

Face the facts guys, there were no stockpiles of WMD.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by electric squid carpet]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
well one thing is clear now:

we can all see the "phantoms" that bush administration is hunting.
i just hope that they can see that too.
but then again,
they dont care.
so, that is why this "search has ended".

so why did u.s. invade iraq then exactly?
can somebody please explain that to me?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Thanks jprophet420

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join