It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is really getting ridiculous: Special Snowflake Syndrome

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: zinc12 Americans in general are massive drama queens, brought up on a diet of Hollywood and entertainment news. I see as much with the conservative movement too, when the bundy take over a ranch and pretend they're part of some modern western Hollywood blockbuster taking over their very own safe space to promote their views on freedom, Liberty something and stuff.

The truth is that most Europeans find Americans too dramatic. Whenever I hear American tourists on the bus they never speak quietly rather they jostle for who among them can be most dramatic. Its not a good thing when you visit other country's because others wont be interested in taking part in this level of drama.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The ironic part about the Progressive Left is that it acts like everyone is a "special snowflake"... but it doesn't want you as the individual, it wants you as the collective.

edit on 24-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

If the cucks want to be treated like individuals, they can stop acting like the zerg.

It's pretty basic.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: Justaposter

Have you seen how they treat millennials at the workplaces these days?

I.E. Check out a Google (company) workplace. That's getting to be the standard.

Free food and drink, personal time interacting with other employees, couches for napping, play areas, exercise rooms, maybe a sauna or steam room.

Sorta like a Willie Wonka at the Chocolate Factory.

Umm I am the youngest person at my workplace, (major data-center in Texas) I am 35 (not that it makes a difference) We have no fancy couches or play rooms and the only thing free here is coffee. We are expected to be on time and to meet deadlines. I see no reason everyone should not be held to the same standards regardless of age. The client doesn't care if you are offended or not, they are paying you do a damned job. So to these "millennials" I say suck it up buttercup! In the words of Denis Leary "Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette butt, or a chocolate chip cookie or a five second orgasm. You come, you smoke the butt you eat the cookie you go to sleep wake up and go back to f***ing work the next morning, THAT'S IT! End of f***ing list!"

Edit: or if you like this Leary quote better

"Hey, join the f***ing club! I thought I was going to be the starting center fielder for the Boston Red Sox! Life sucks, get a f***ing helmet!"
edit on 24-3-2016 by sycomix because: added extra quote

edit on 24-3-2016 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

It's sad (to me, at least) to see kids that age being politicized, regardless of the politician in question. I have an 8 year old and a 9 year old, they can tell you who the presidents of the US have been and who the current one is, they know figures of historical importance, if you ask either of them about actual politics, however, you'd get a blank stare.

That may come as a surprise to some, but I personally refrain from discussing politics when my kids are present. We don't watch the news, we don't listen to talk radio or news in the truck, and they sure as hell don't know what "vine" is in web-speak. (Hell, neither of them have ever used the internet outside of me showing them the occasional funny critter video on Youtube. They attend a school which is not wired, and that's one of the reasons we chose it, and we intend to home school in High School.)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Bull hockey, my lady is a stay home mom and part time student. I work the loony hours and I pay for my family, ya know once upon a time there was such a thing as a provider in the family structure! I know shocked right??? Ya know something else??? It worked just freaking fine until some nut bag had this brilliant idea to fix something that wasn't broken! For generations Dads worked Moms were Moms and Kids knew their freaking place. So... here is a thought folks, let see about spanking the kids, taking away toys and gizmos for crappy grades, you idiot kids in high school needs a summer job and no you can not have a shiny new iphone or what the hell ever your 10 freaking years old get your ass home by the time the street lights turn on! You want a car or a nice phone or a fancy game station??? Get a job and buy it brat! Your Mother and I owe you 1 thing and 1 thing only to raise you as best we can, so you want that sh*t??? Get a job and buy it, learn the value of a dollar, develop a work ethic, be a functioning member of society! Know why??? Because the world don't owe you jack!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: woodwardjnr

It's sad (to me, at least) to see kids that age being politicized, regardless of the politician in question. I have an 8 year old and a 9 year old, they can tell you who the presidents of the US have been and who the current one is, they know figures of historical importance, if you ask either of them about actual politics, however, you'd get a blank stare.

That may come as a surprise to some, but I personally refrain from discussing politics when my kids are present. We don't watch the news, we don't listen to talk radio or news in the truck, and they sure as hell don't know what "vine" is in web-speak. (Hell, neither of them have ever used the internet outside of me showing them the occasional funny critter video on Youtube. They attend a school which is not wired, and that's one of the reasons we chose it, and we intend to home school in High School.)

You seem like a very good parent. Well done, sir/madam.
P.S...Your confederate flag avatar just traumatized me.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Some people don't like chalk.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Nah, I'm a stoner. These people are just pussies.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Kudos on the Leary quote

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
My goodness. To think we used to simply walk by things we didn't agree with, chuckle, shake your head and keep walking.

How in the world did we ever get by?

The thing is, this is what helicopter parenting and participation trophies have gotten us.

I blame Liberals. All the "we have to protect the children" mentality in the 80's is reaping it's just rewards. Outlawing corporal punishment in schools, charging parents with child abuse for spanking their children, taking parental rights away from...parents.

Welcome to the new age. You wanted it. You were warned about what would happen. I distinctly remember hearing people warn others about what not being able to appropriately punish your child would do.

Here it is.

I was afraid of getting the paddle in school. You know what that did to me? Made me not do things to get paddled for. PLUS, I was afraid of what my parents would do to me when THEY found out! (Not what my parents would do to the teacher and the school, like people would today.)

The key is fear, it's not a bad thing. Fear is natural, it's a learning tool. Fear is what keeps us safe in our life. We're teaching these kids today that fear is something they shouldn't have to feel.

I've watched the slow progression of this for many years. It's bad, but just wait, I'm betting it will get immensely worse.

edit on 24-3-2016 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Stoners probably, they have a conscience until they Graduate and enter the system.

Then they become Republicans.

Does that really happen?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
My goodness. To think we used to simply walk by things we didn't agree with, chuckle, shake your head and keep walking.

The thing is, this is what helicopter parenting and participation trophies have gotten us.

I blame Liberals. All the "we have to protect the children" mentality in the 80's is reaping it's just rewards. Outlawing corporal punishment in schools, charging parents with child abuse for spanking their children, taking parental rights away from...parents.

Welcome to the new age. You wanted it. You were warned about what would happen. I distinctly remember hearing people warn others about what not being able to appropriately punish your child would do.

Here it is.

I was afraid of getting the paddle in school. You know what that did to me? Made me not do things to get paddled for. PLUS, I was afraid of what my parents would do to me when THEY found out! (Not what my parents would do to the teacher and the school, like people would today.)

The key is fear, it's not a bad thing. Fear is natural, it's a learning tool. Fear is what keeps us safe in our life. We're teaching these kids today that fear is something they shouldn't have to feel.

I've watched the slow progression of this for many years. It's bad, but just wait, I'm betting it will get immensely worse.

What are you......Batman?

That aside, ok, let's suppose EVERYTHING you said were true...where will the world be in say oh....50 and 75 years?

And if there's still something wrong with it, how would anyone fix it?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Then:

1 + 1 = 3 - "Well done Timmy! Here is a sticker for your extraordinary performance."

Now:

This sh*t.
edit on 24-3-2016 by Danowski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackSunDog

originally posted by: poncho1982

Here it is.

What are you......Batman?

That aside, ok, let's suppose EVERYTHING you said were true...where will the world be in say oh....50 and 75 years?

And if there's still something wrong with it, how would anyone fix it?

Honestly, if the trend continues (mind you this is my opinion) in 50-75 years I see America taken over by another country, or basically just gone. Almost without a fight.

Probably something along the lines of the old North American Union thing.

Now where did I put that cape......
edit on 24-3-2016 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Let's be honest.

Most of the time the people claiming to be "offended" aren't actually offended in any real way.

Being "offended" is simply a form of attack.

These folks are using offense as a way to attack other people. That's all it is, plain and simple. They want to make someone else look bad or hurt them in some way.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well, there's the saying:

"When you're young, and you don't vote for Democrats, you have no heart. When you're older and you don't vote for Republicans, you have no brain."

And then we have these snowflakes...

Well this is certainly a world wide issue, not only in America. Because a lot of other places have developed terms for them:

1. America calls them Snowflakes

2. China calls them Glasshearts

3. Taiwan calls them Strawberries

The list goes on and on..

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I wonder how long it will take until having a college degree will actually look bad on your resume.

I mean, if I was a prospective employer, I would think twice about hiring anyone under 30 who's been indoctrinated at these "institutions".

I know that's discrimination, and I don't really care. I don't want idiots (and soft ones at that) working for me. A college degree is increasingly becoming a badge of selfishness and stupidity.

Some degrees already do. There are degrees in golf course management and Afro-Caribbean Music studies.

These people have been trained and taught by political activists how to complain and push to get things done their way.
edit on 24-3-2016 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
The ironic part about the Progressive Left is that it acts like everyone is a "special snowflake"... but it doesn't want you as the individual, it wants you as the collective.

Maybe the dean should call James Taylor to come and sing, You've got a friend, like obama did for the french.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If seeing a "vote trump 2016" message hurt their feelings then they better not come around here with their special snowflake attitudes because they will really get their feelings hurt lol Just like real snowflakes these special snowflakes melt when they get a little heat.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join