It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is really getting ridiculous: Special Snowflake Syndrome

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

As long as nobody gives in to them wishing to curtail others speech, and nobody curtails theirs, it'll be a good lesson learned.

Well, it looks like the lesson being learned is that if you don't like someone's opinion you get that opinion punished:

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Apparently the University is going to side with the students on that action should be taken against those who made the Trump chalkings.

"Emory University: We Will Use Security Cameras to Track Down and Possibly Punish Students Who Chalked Their Support for Trump"

But then I guess this adds to the regression.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Gryphon66

No I meant what I said, and after reading a few posts, it is clear that I was correct, if not a little too late to the party.

I agree with you it definitely isn't liberal (in the traditional sense), and I hope liberals stand up to this nonsense. But it definitely isn't right-wing authoritarianism.

There is a point, however, that this is no longer about right and left. This is about freedom and unfreedom, Liberty vs. Authority.

Fine. We agree in essence but not in terminology. Yes, we all need to stand up against this garbage wherever we see it even if our stand is merely philosophical, and we state, clearly, for anyone to hear.

Enough is enough.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: AnnihilateThis

You are really just generalizing aren't you. LOOK WHAT THESE MILLENIALS PUT ON TUMBLR LOOK HOW SENSITIVE THEY ARE.-snip-

Listen my man, you're unfortunately the one generalizing, if you are still a student you haven't even stepped into the real world where this kind of mentality is actually sweeping this nation.

This generation is more ignorant, sensitive, and sexualized than any previous generation to date.

I believe a connection was made to the 2006 film idiocracy on here somewhere recently, where the people who do reproduce are the dumb ones, and they pop out more dumb people.

It is the parenting, that does play a big role.

Just because you and all your buddies cuss a lot and think you are all the hardest guys in town doesn't really mean anything in a couple years when you are out of school and need to fend for yourselves in this society.

Of course there is a minority of people who are actually intelligent, can speak and stand up for themselves so on and so fourth, but that is the minority, not the other way around.
edit on 24-3-2016 by AnnihilateThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

This generation is more ignorant, sensitive, and sexualized than any previous generation to date.

Says you

I'd like to see you try and prove that

:-)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Trump is by far the most polarizing presidential candidate I have ever witnessed in my 27 years of existence.

Does no one else find it odd that over the past couple of years with the whole ISIS, BLM, PC/non-PC movements spurred on by the media, that a candidate like Trump would come front and center at the perfect time to highlight these differences the media has been blasting and promoting over the airwaves?

This is the most obvious "psy ops" I have ever seen. People are so goddamn gullible it's sad. They're using our differences against us and they have their trump card in Trump to seal the deal.

I haven't understood this since I was 16 and learned to clearly think. Now 27...
I will never understand why people involve themselves with anything election, it's literally a hamster wheel of insanity, by the very definition.
The ignorant nation mass continuously vote for people that continuously promise this and that, but since Kennedy nothing has improved, nothing that matters. You can count the freedoms we've lost by the decade, and it's scary to think that the Age Old Political System is an accepted way of electing "Leaders," or that "leaders" still exist, that the world is still ran this way and people cheer for it, crave it, demand it. I lost respect for anyone who claims a political party by the age of 18, because if you're going to bang the tribal drum and vote for rich scumbags that don't care about you, I firmly believe you deserve everything that happens to you, but how would we stop these idiots from bringing everyone down with them when they're the vast majority of naive people doing the same thing over and over again, literally the smiling jokes to the people they elect?

The camel's back is going to eventually break in a huge way, and it's going to be evil, something Hitler couldn't envision.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

It's comments like that is flushing the 'future' down the toilet.

too big to fail banksters ?

There is only one 'bank' that matters. The Federal Reserve. That Trump critics created many years ago. Fiat currency.,

That every one is at the mercy of. Including banks just like business owners, and the little people.

corporate-bought self-interest politicians ?

Maybe if the PEOPLE weren't for sale politicians wouldn't be. For some PEOPLE that goes to the lowest bidder See the LEFT. Others that goes to the RIGHT. The HIGHEST bidder.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Says you

Here you go
edit on 24-3-2016 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Says you

The only thing they are teaching kids in school is how to take tests, most people have no real world skills, that's why kids are staying with their parents up until their mid 20's and further. If kids were actually growing in intelligence after high school, we wouldn't be choosing between Trump and Hillary.

Stats for moving out

And if they knew what they were doing they might save for retirement 1 in 3 Americans have saved $0 for Retirement

I'll retract my overly sexualized statement as I cannot source anything at this time.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I am honestly surprised that they didn't pull the "hate crime" card as well.

Universities no longer educate. They indoctrinate.

How many students across this country are forbidden by their schools to talk openly about the U.S. Constitution, with the exception of tiny "freedom of speech" areas provided?

To be fair to universities and in the instance some of these crybabies are freshman....

Dont forget to blame the parents! Theres enough to go around.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Why can't we focus on the illegitimacy of the act rather than making all these proclamations about what we think of young people?

They aren't doing this because they're young, or privileged, or whatever ... they're doing it because it is natural for every human and human group to get power where they can. They are forcing the UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT to dance and sing to their tune as well as inveigling the University to turn it's powers against other students.

I don't care if you qualify this as right, left, up or down ... it's WRONG.
edit on 24-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This isn't new. Since the dawn of free speech there has been people using it to cry over everything under the sun. What is new, however, is people being cry babies over people being cry babies. Now, here I am crying about people being cry babies about people being cry babies. Ignore the children and they will tire themselves out and phuk off.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scope and a Beam
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Whilst I think Trump is a vile racist piece of #, playing a tune that only morons think is worth listening to, I agree with you about this pathetic snowflake syndrome. I'd love to see these safe space and social justice warriors in a survival scenario. Also, the idea that someone on their campus shouldn't or can't support Trump is a weird inverted fascist ideology a lot these kids have. It's like "agree with everything we think or else!" kind of the same bull# Trump is spouting.

Well put! Star for you!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Because I didn't think someone would come along and ignore the point of my post and make it about my age. My age wasn't the point of my post so I have no idea why you took time out of your day to comment on it.

Regardless of my age Trump is divisive and polarizing, do you deny that? Does my age make that observation any more or less true? You ignored my point and decided to imply that my age somehow nullifies the rest of my post, that's intellectually dishonest.
edit on 3/24/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Fine. We agree in essence but not in terminology.

Out of curiosity, why?

I ask because "diversity", "inclusivity", and the demanding of protection from words (in this case the words "Trump" and "2016") for sake of certain racial groups isn't necessarily in any right-wing platforms that I've seen.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Right-wing and authoritarian are synonymous in my usage.

The revolutionary becomes the policeman.

Concerns with "diversity" may have started on the Left, but in the IMPLEMENTATION, has become almost far Right.

"I want you to treat everyone with respect and I will disrespect you in order to do it."

The paradox of power, etc. etc.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Out of curiosity, why?

I ask because "diversity", "inclusivity", and the demanding of protection from words (in this case the words "Trump" and "2016") for sake of certain racial groups isn't necessarily in any right-wing platforms that I've seen.

Agreeing with you in terms of "in essence"...is much more face-saving than admitting being just plain wrong.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Out of curiosity, why?

Also ... what's the basis of this (emphasized)? As far as I saw the Emory 40 weren't making this about any particular racial group ...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Out of curiosity, why?

Agreeing with you in terms of "in essence"...is much more face-saving than admitting being just plain wrong.

Why don't you talk to me since you're discussing me?

I'm not wrong because you disagree. LesMis knew exactly what I meant I believe; we'll see.

You can use any words you choose but these kids are not leftists and certainly aren't liberals, they're trying to use the force of the University to punish those they disagree with. That is a right-wing and authoritarian tactic.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

These statements in particular:

While the University has not released an official response as of press time, Donald Trump obviously remains a flashpoint for many students, but according to Singh there is comfort to be found for those who feel oppressed. “For the students, it’s reassuring to see how they are able to voice out their opinions and, although it might be safe or uncomfortable, we know that we have a community behind us, whether that be the Latin[x] community, the Muslim community or the black student community — there are pools of safety we can go to,” Singh said.

Grievances were not restricted to shortcomings of the administration. “[Faculty] are supporting this rhetoric by not ending it,” said one student, who went on to say that “people of color are struggling academically because they are so focused on trying to have a safe community and focus on these issues [related to having safe spaces on campus].”

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

These statements in particular:

While the University has not released an official response as of press time, Donald Trump obviously remains a flashpoint for many students, but according to Singh there is comfort to be found for those who feel oppressed. “For the students, it’s reassuring to see how they are able to voice out their opinions and, although it might be safe or uncomfortable, we know that we have a community behind us, whether that be the Latin[x] community, the Muslim community or the black student community — there are pools of safety we can go to,” Singh said.

Grievances were not restricted to shortcomings of the administration. “[Faculty] are supporting this rhetoric by not ending it,” said one student, who went on to say that “people of color are struggling academically because they are so focused on trying to have a safe community and focus on these issues [related to having safe spaces on campus].”

Ah. You're right then. I hadn't seen those quotes. Absolutely ridiculous, particularly in light that Emory University is one of the most "diverse" and "diversity ass kissing" facilities I've ever had anything to do with. To the point that my own gorge rises on regular occasions.
edit on 24-3-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join