It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is really getting ridiculous: Special Snowflake Syndrome

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I discussed this situation with my nephew, a college student last night. We discussed not only the specifics of this occurrence, but the special snowflake syndrome that seems to be common in this generation.

His answer:
"I can see many of the people at my school feeling that way. It makes me embarrassed for my generation".

Maybe there is hope for the few who see the light, but I fear for the future of this country.
edit on 3/26/16 by BlueAjah because: spelling- was typing on my phone

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If we are still living in a free country we are allowed to disagree with each other. Some people both on the left and the right feel that you are only free to agree with them. Its part of the polarization of opinion in this country, and IMHO the internet has played no small part in it, as people tend to seek out like minded people, the internet has intensified it. We need to get back to the mindset of respecting and examining ideas that don't mesh with our own. BOTH sides need to do this.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

and yeah, I posted that with every hope that someone, somewhere read it and ended up under their desk, quivering in fear and pain.

Wow big guy, you're real nice.
Hopefully dinosaurs like you become extinct soon. your whole post was full of macho crap that continues to be part of the problem.

Macho crap is NOT the problem, its a generation of emasculated sissies who dont have a clue what it is to be a man and stand up to things. We used to be such strong self reliant people, now its amazing we know how to clean ourselves after going to the bathroom. Its not macho crap, its just there are thos of us who long to see the youngsters develop a SPINE and form their own opinions, not just be parroting sheep.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

Look, all things considered, if I was going to war with the US, I'd PRAY that it was Liberals who were in power, certainly NOT Trump.

Hahah! Thanks for the laugh!!

And - it seems you seriously get the point. Trump is the one guy who might make other countries hesitate about trying to do something stupid and start war with the US. Trump is the one with the guts to put them right back in their place.
We would be safer with Trump.
edit on 3/26/16 by BlueAjah because: spelling again

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Well it's really that random group here and there that we here about on the news that is known to exaggerate a story for more viewers. I'd say blaming the entire generation as being snowflakes, just shows the ignorance of others.
edit on 26-3-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Maybe you haven't been out much, so here are a few of the things that cause this:

1. Everyone gets a trophy
Because it's so devastating to lose, everyone deserves how to be a winner. Unfortunately, this doesn't teach kids how to deal with defeat, which in turn doesn't teach kids how to pick themselves back up after a defeat. In short, you can't learn how to win until you know what it is to lose. On top of that - many schools don't keep score on

2. They live in a bubble
Remember the "Bubble Boy"? If not - he lived in a plastic bubble to protect his fragile immune system. Today's kids live in a similar bubble - except they aren't suffering from a fragile immune system, they suffer from overprotective parents who don't want them hurt in any way. The problem is, the kids don't learn how to deal with adversity. No taunting, no inequality, no scraped knees.

3. Dumb down everything
Common Core - it's not designed to raise the level of education for our kids. It's purpose is to get all kids on the same page across the country and across intelligence levels. The problem with that is the designers weren't planning on raising the standard and providing a curriculum to help out the lower performing (intelligent) students, they're lowering the bar. Nobody is allowed to achieve a higher level than anyone else. Even golf holes in the US and Canada are being increased in size - because making a hole is too hard, let's make it easier for the people who are either unwilling or incapable of developing the necessary skills.

4. Safe Spaces
The BLM movement recently held rallies in "safe spaces" where non-colored people were not allowed. These safe spaces equate to little more than restricted speech zones, where one group becomes more equal than the rest. Of course, the rest can make their own safe spaces and magically we have a segregated population.

5. Achievers are bullies
Anything that makes a person feel less of their self is bullying - even if they lose a game. One Texas high school football team CREAMED the opposing team with a 91-0 score...and now one parent is waving the bullying flag. The winning team actually did a lot to keep the score down - everything except taking a knee.…

It goes on and on and on.

I was recently called a number of racism terms for suggesting that a black man not shelter his children from racial slurs. I suggested that he wasn't doing them any favors by this, and that their lives would be much harder if they didn't learn how to cope with it while they were young. My last suggestion to this man was that he prepare his children for the world, because when the world gets hold of them, it will be much less patient and caring.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Stoners probably, they have a conscience until they Graduate and enter the system.

Then they become Republicans.

I call those types "HUGs," or hippies until graduation. A lot of those I've known over the years. One day they are in college listening to Bob Marley, smoking reefer, and going to music festivals, the next they are a VP For an energy company.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

If Trump wins... I will as a westerner from Europe, who supposedly would be christian or atleast protestant if I hadn't willingly chosen the sane road of atheist, happily go to war against the US.

Your country is about to hit rock bottom, and you are taking humanity and sense with you.
Do NOT make this mistake... you will regret it, I guarantee it.

Huh, really. Speaking of Europe hitting bottom: Sounds like you guys have bigger problems than the US electing Trump(or not so because "they" will suicide him). Yet you won't address the the one in four women that will raped in Sweden (one source).
edit on 26-3-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Not really.

This is merely a manifestation of a trend that started when I was a kid. Awards for participation. Soccer games where no score was kept so feeling weren't hurt...can't play tag or dodge ball anymore...those things and others like 'em aren't all that recent.

Yes, the eggs were laid in the 90's, but the actual outcome is just now manifesting.

The chickens sure as hell have come home to roost!!

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice

If Trump wins... I will as a westerner from Europe, who supposedly would be christian or atleast protestant if I hadn't willingly chosen the sane road of atheist, happily go to war against the US.

Your country is about to hit rock bottom, and you are taking humanity and sense with you.
Do NOT make this mistake... you will regret it, I guarantee it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

breathe......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, LOL. Seriously I just cracked up here with laughter over your post..... never actually laughed out loud that hard from something on ATS. Thank you for that!!

As if Europe doesn't have some current problems you should maybe concern yourself with..... LOL, nah it's so much easier to look in someone else's back yard and make absurd statements about a system of which you have ZERO understanding.

Boy that liberal brainwashing and fervent anti-conservative fear-mongering they push in European schools sure is effective eh?

I'm embarrassed of you on behalf of other Europeans and all of my fine European friends who are not so foolish as you. You also embarrass athiests.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

I'm sure a security guard can handle you ,the military and vets have serious targets in mind.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
damn... "special snowflake syndrome".... and here I was thinking this was about feminists.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I am honestly surprised that they didn't pull the "hate crime" card as well.

Universities no longer educate. They indoctrinate.

How many students across this country are forbidden by their schools to talk openly about the U.S. Constitution, with the exception of tiny "freedom of speech" areas provided?

And this is exactly the reason Bernie wants to give collage to all for free. Its has nothing to do with a fair shake or a leg up. It has everything to do with creating a state of thought controlled snowflake drones that will rampage at the very hit of opposition to their frail sensibilities..

With that, I say TRUMP 2016.. Anyone scared? Anyone need a safe zone?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

You Europeans have started two world wars and we had to finish them for you and here you threaten another? I would say you are making a fairly arrogant and ignorant statement based on your history of carnage pal.. You shot Ferdinand to start the first one.. You picked Hitler to lead Germany into the second. Now you open the flood gates to terrorists?

I dont think you really have time to worry about our elections and based on the choices you made recently, I think you are unfit to judge our election choices..

Ya, I think we will just take care of our own business and I guess just wait for you blood thirsty Europeans to start another World War.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: stutteringp0et
a reply to: amicktd

Maybe you haven't been out much, so here are a few of the things that cause this:

1. Everyone gets a trophy
Because it's so devastating to lose, everyone deserves how to be a winner. Unfortunately, this doesn't teach kids how to deal with defeat, which in turn doesn't teach kids how to pick themselves back up after a defeat. In short, you can't learn how to win until you know what it is to lose. On top of that - many schools don't keep score on

2. They live in a bubble
Remember the "Bubble Boy"? If not - he lived in a plastic bubble to protect his fragile immune system. Today's kids live in a similar bubble - except they aren't suffering from a fragile immune system, they suffer from overprotective parents who don't want them hurt in any way. The problem is, the kids don't learn how to deal with adversity. No taunting, no inequality, no scraped knees.

3. Dumb down everything
Common Core - it's not designed to raise the level of education for our kids. It's purpose is to get all kids on the same page across the country and across intelligence levels. The problem with that is the designers weren't planning on raising the standard and providing a curriculum to help out the lower performing (intelligent) students, they're lowering the bar. Nobody is allowed to achieve a higher level than anyone else. Even golf holes in the US and Canada are being increased in size - because making a hole is too hard, let's make it easier for the people who are either unwilling or incapable of developing the necessary skills.

4. Safe Spaces
The BLM movement recently held rallies in "safe spaces" where non-colored people were not allowed. These safe spaces equate to little more than restricted speech zones, where one group becomes more equal than the rest. Of course, the rest can make their own safe spaces and magically we have a segregated population.

5. Achievers are bullies
Anything that makes a person feel less of their self is bullying - even if they lose a game. One Texas high school football team CREAMED the opposing team with a 91-0 score...and now one parent is waving the bullying flag. The winning team actually did a lot to keep the score down - everything except taking a knee.…

It goes on and on and on.

I was recently called a number of racism terms for suggesting that a black man not shelter his children from racial slurs. I suggested that he wasn't doing them any favors by this, and that their lives would be much harder if they didn't learn how to cope with it while they were young. My last suggestion to this man was that he prepare his children for the world, because when the world gets hold of them, it will be much less patient and caring.

I've been around the world a couple times, where have you been? Again, put the TV remote down.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

What do you expect in a world...errr...nation where the public is enticed to participate in counter propaganda? Many sponsors involved in creating chaos. It may be new for you, but the practice has been successful internationally. Applied chaos can blur and confuse public perceptions. One of the oldest tricks in the book.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: RepealTheLaw

You Europeans have started two world wars and we had to finish them for you and here you threaten another? I would say you are making a fairly arrogant and ignorant statement based on your history of carnage pal.. You shot Ferdinand to start the first one.. You picked Hitler to lead Germany into the second. Now you open the flood gates to terrorists?

I dont think you really have time to worry about our elections and based on the choices you made recently, I think you are unfit to judge our election choices..

Ya, I think we will just take care of our own business and I guess just wait for you blood thirsty Europeans to start another World War.

Both WW was started by Germany. I am a European, from an other country. We did not start anything, we got invaded by Germany.

No American troops helped Norway. There were two countries that helped us, and that was Great Britain and Russia.

To the OP, sorry for responding to off-topic. But I had to say something about this, where obviously some don't know common history.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

“Why did the swastikas [on the AEPi house in Fall 2014] receive a quick response while these chalkings did not?”

Does anybody remember the good old days (less than a decade ago in most of the sane world) when simply seeing a couple of words you personally disagreed with wasn't an excuse to act like a total sissified baby?:

In response to - “Why did the swastikas [on the AEPi house in Fall 2014] receive a quick response while these chalkings did not?”

I can't believe it...and the sick part is these kids these millenials really are THAT self absorbed that the fact an inverted swastika was the most prominent symbol of an evil process doesn't even register as something a TAD more grave than a democrat student being forced to SEE THE LAST NAME of the opposing candidate...they really are so over pampered and social media makes everyone delusionally self aggrandized that they dont understand their traumatic experience of seeing the letters T R U M P is LESS serious a trauma incited by students or families traveling to synagogue on Saturday forced to recall horror stories told by mom n dad or grandparents of life under the swastika which in the end destroyed 50% of Europe, killed millions upon millions, nearly succeeded in wiping European and west Soviet Jews off the face of the earth, and demonized homosexuals gypsies and others to the point blind eyes were turned to murder factories and the process of mass human extermination
edit on 3/28/2016 by AlexandrosTheGreat because:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
I've been around the world a couple times, where have you been? Again, put the TV remote down.

If you know a channel where they talk about this stuff, I might actually turn the TV on. If it isn't "The Walking Dead" or "Game of Thrones" - my TV is off.

My days consist of writing software, reading news, and making sure my son stays on track with his home school curriculum. I pulled him out when I recognized what was being done to him. I've got two step-daughters that are special snowflake perpetual victims (out of my hands) and I'll be damned if my son turns out anything like them.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: stutteringp0et

originally posted by: amicktd

If you know a channel where they talk about this stuff, I might actually turn the TV on. If it isn't "The Walking Dead" or "Game of Thrones" - my TV is off.

My days consist of writing software, reading news, and making sure my son stays on track with his home school curriculum. I pulled him out when I recognized what was being done to him. I've got two step-daughters that are special snowflake perpetual victims (out of my hands) and I'll be damned if my son turns out anything like them.

Again, these are isolated events that are cherry picked from national news. The previous generation was considered the "Whiny Generation". The only difference now is we have Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc. News gets around the world in minutes compared to days and weeks or never in previous generations. What's so hard to understand about that. Thinking of all Millennials this way screams of ignorance. It's already been proven over and over again that the previous generation always considers the next generation whiners. Don't let me stop you from your daily dose of propaganda though.
edit on 29-3-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join