It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Formula 1 drivers call for Ecclestone to go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You know things are bad when the wheel monkeys start complaining , well now the Grand Prix Drivers' Association have released a statement calling for change at the top for the sake of the sport.

decisions on rule changes such as double points in 2014, changing the qualifying format and restricting radio communications for this year, and fundamental errors in the formulation of the turbo hybrid engine rules; plus ideas that have been discussed but not yet accepted such as weight handicaps, reverse grids and qualifying races

the move towards pay TV, which is at the centre of declining audiences

the failure of the strategy group of leading teams, F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone and governing body the FIA to make significant progress in mapping out a clear direction on the sport's future

what is perceived to be an inequitable distribution of income, heavily skewed in favour of the top teams

making a decision on F1's tyre supplier for financial reasons when many of the teams and drivers have misgivings about Pirelli

Wurz, a former F1 driver, told BBC Sport the GPDA "operates by majority vote" and added: "In this case, it was an extremely clear vote regarding the desire to express our opinion."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Don't disagree with any of that , F1 has become a pale shadow of what it once was and the yearly rule changes have contributed to that , Ecclestone should have been forced out after his court case , now it's time he stood down for the good of the sport.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Absolutely agree! I said in another thread a few days ago that I stopped watching when Bernie started changing all the rules.
They need to go back to the rules they had in 1980, because anything else is NOT F1.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I agree that some of the law changes have raised a few eyebrows, and most have been woeful, but unless you try things you never know?

I have enjoyed watching them being implemented, it's been confusing as hell on occasions, even the presenters have struggled, and it's stirred my interest back to F1.

Maybe it was all for me, so no, let's not get rid of Bernie, let's bring in some additional law changes, even more absurd than the last.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I agree that some of the law changes have raised a few eyebrows, and most have been woeful, but unless you try things you never know?

I have enjoyed watching them being implemented, it's been confusing as hell on occasions, even the presenters have struggled, and it's stirred my interest back to F1.

Maybe it was all for me, so no, let's not get rid of Bernie, let's bring in some additional law changes, even more absurd than the last.

Didn't they used to have to sprint to their car.

Jump in, start it up and take off ?

That was fun to watch those old tapes.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Don't know what to say other than I love F!. I miss Senna.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Don't know what to say other than I love F!. I miss Senna.

Says f1 management have blocked that vid on this site!

I'll miss them both.

Listen to the sound of that engine! Superb.
edit on 23-3-2016 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2016 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Anyone on here got Project Cars? Wanna race?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Eccleston hits back by saying he hears what they're saying, and promptly sells the TV rights exclusively to Sky, effectively killing F1 in the United Kingdom.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

F1 is on its way out.

It will soon be Formula E.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Project cars? How about drive club?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus

drive club? I will check it out.
Do you have Project Cars? Is drive club better?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus

drive club? I will check it out.
Do you have Project Cars? Is drive club better?

I had project cars, it's ok but drive club woah boy is it an adrenaline rush. If your into technical racing check it out, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Peace.

top topics

join