It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The two brothers who carried out Brussels attacks were KNOWN by the police to have links with ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hey,

Sorry if this in the wrong section but just found this article

www.demorgen.be...

(Translated with google translator)

The two fugitive terror suspects in the shooting in Prince have not yet grasped that reports the federal prosecutor. When the suspect was killed a Kalashnikov, an IS flag and Islamist literature were discovered. With other searches were still found weapons. Two other suspects who were arrested yesterday were released. They were not under suspicion, reports the federal prosecutor.

Source

So why isn't this big news in the media? One of the brothers were deported from Turkey to the Netherlands and they were told of his links with ISIS, but they were ignored. BOTH of the brothers were detained, questioned and later released AFTER a shootout which left another suspect dead, where an IS flag and weapons were found. For how long must this go on for?

Thoughts, ATS?

Gin

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I came into this conclusion and made a post of it too in the original Brussel terrorist attack thread after seeing the new released information on the news. Pure incompetency from the Belgian police that they set these guys free from custody when the connection to the terrorists should've been clear enough.

Gin

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ow well looks like Sky News has picked it up too.

news.sky.com...

Just no mention of these brothers being captured during the Salah Abdeslam raid on the 16th and released after.
edit on 18103 by Gin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
i guess forewarned isn't always fore-armed after all.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It's complete incompetency to say the least

At least Sky News have picked up on it

But there's nothing in the article saying about the detaining and releasing of the brothers, odd
edit on 23/3/2016 by conz1992 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The problem here for the authorities is that they can't win, whatever they do.
If they pick up such people, having identified them, all the libertarians will be on their backs criticising them for a "pre-crime" approach.
If they don't pick them up, before an outright crime has been committed, they will get criticised for negligence.
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Gin

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: conz1992

Folks at Sky News haven't connected the dots yet.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think it's easy to start pointing fingers after the event. 9/11 anyone?

Let's be honest, one of the guys was deported back to Belgium from Turkey, he was detained on arrival and questioned. They didn't have anything on him and I would imagine they have a number being sent back from Turkey, so it's difficult to detain without any evidence. Human rights and all that, after all it's where the European Government are situated.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Turkey supposedly told the Belgian authorities of his ties to IS though, and the shootout on the 16th the 2 brothers were detained and released afterwards. Just seems a bit fishy

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gin
a reply to: conz1992

Folks at Sky News haven't connected the dots yet.

Oh they have, but they will send the Sheeple in another direction.

edit on 23/3/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: conz1992
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Turkey supposedly told the Belgian authorities of his ties to IS though, and the shootout on the 16th the 2 brothers were detained and released afterwards. Just seems a bit fishy

Yes that is very fishy.

What are you implying? That it was a false flag event created to hide some other news?

Hmm, interesting.

Osborne, the Bilderberger, was close to losing his job along with any chance of becoming Prime Minister. He's also a leading proponent of the remain campaign, but 'm sure it's all coincidence, right?
edit on 23/3/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: Expealodocious.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So I read the article ( i'm Belgian so ) but no where in the article does it say these suspects are the suicidebombers from yesterday. It says two persons where released.

I'm not saying its not true, i'm just saying people are mixing up terrorists.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
And one more thing, since when do we trust Erdogan? Seriously the guy has both hands in the Isis Jar.
He's the one who made a direct threat at brussels, saying an attack could also happen there. He was referring to the PKK tho.

But suspicious at least.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbeer
And one more thing, since when do we trust Erdogan? Seriously the guy has both hands in the Isis Jar.
He's the one who made a direct threat at brussels, saying an attack could also happen there. He was referring to the PKK tho.

But suspicious at least.

He probably just provided the terrorists for the Bilderbergers.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I heard a retired spook this morning on TV say he thinks they may have been aloud to carry on as the authorities where hoping they would lead them to "other people" whoever they maybe?.. Sadly they went ahead and did what they did?.. It seems this is quite a common thing in the intelligence community to allow people like this to go fairly deep into a plan before getting involved and hoping that they do not execute their plan early.

It seems cross border intelligence in the Schengen region is really lacking and at best they are working on best guess??..

With a influx of people returning from Syria they had better get their game face on otherwise welcome to the new Europe...

RA

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbeer

Yeah I realised there's one source I came across that state that it was the brothers that were in the shootout, so maybe I'm jumping the gun with that one

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: conz1992
a reply to: Belgianbeer

Yeah I realised there's one source I came across that state that it was the brothers that were in the shootout, so maybe I'm jumping the gun with that one

It remains a possibility , but you couldn't tell from that article.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

top topics

join