It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trumpening (No Brakes!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's not too late Gryphon, hope and wish and post biased anecdotal polls that have no relevance when held beside the actual reality of the election... but there is still time for you to do your part to Make America Great Again.

edit on 23-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I'm actually surprised that source admitted that any Bernie supporters would vote for Trump.
TheGuardian is a very left-biased source.

I'm sure the real number is more like 92% would vote for Trump.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I'm actually surprised that source admitted that any Bernie supporters would vote for Trump.

Any media source that is not extreme Right Wing is considered biased to the Left. They have been spreading that false narrative since the 80's.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

As opposed to deeply meaningful silly graphics like that? LOL.

Again, the Huffington Post link compiles the results of 117 poll results.

If you don't like what the American people are thinking (which seems to be that The Donald is NOT the solution to our problems) that's on you.

PS: are you the mutated frog in your graphic? are you wearing a blanket? LOL.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I didn't chose nor link the article.

What's your basis for the 92% voting for Trump?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Not surprising, even on Reddit /r/SandersForPresident dropped from 2nd most popular subreddit to 14th in a week, supplanted by /r/The_Donald.

I guess they started to Feel the Bern?

link   
What the math wiz quoted

In an NBC News/Wall Street Journal survey conducted by Hart Research

What they were saying and wrote OPPOSING THOSE FINDINGS and wrote an entire article this math wiz cherry picked from, like all his numbers he throws around:

But the demographics of Trump and Sanders supporters also differ in several significant ways. Respondents in the CNN/ORC poll were more likely to have a favorable opinion of Trump if they were older (44% of those age 65 and over supported the candidate compared to 25% of those age 18-34)

but younger respondents were more likely to support Sanders (51% of those age 65 and over compared to 69% of those age 18-34). While Sanders supporters were likely to say that they lived in urban areas, Trump’s supporters were more likely to say that they lived in rural parts of the country.

There was also another impassioned category of Sanders fans in the Guardian’s call-out: 214 people – 32% of all respondents – replied to express that they would never vote for Trump. Some expressed anger at the Guardian for even asking the question, which they saw as an insult to the Sanders movement and an example of “mainstream media” bias.

This is also a VERY conservative number. Some say its closer to 80-90% cross over. Sanders is ANTI-Hillary. Anti-Establishment. Trump is the only other candidate that is anti-establishment as well.

edit on 3 23 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

link   
He may have been called a clown back in the beginning...however, how the tide has turned against the MSM...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You're quite simply lying now.

Again, here's ANOTHER quote from your linked article:

“The data does not indicate any meaningful concern for Clinton that if she wins the Democratic nomination large numbers of Sanders voters would head to Trump,” said Jeff Horwitt, a senior vice-president with Hart Research. So we are not seeing the birth of a new cross-party force in American politics. But we are seeing an interesting political dynamic. Almost one in 10 Sanders supporters apparently think Trump is next best thing to their candidate, and certainly better than Clinton.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Are you seriously thinking people cant read for themselves?

Do you think this is facebook that they wont just go read the article?

The ENTIRE PREMISE of the article is saying that previous thought on the issue were wrong. THAT THEIR FINDINGS contradict the original MSM numbers thrown around-

You really think this is fooling anyone?

LOL

This is why Trump is wining.

Thank you.

I couldnt prove the bias without you. Do you work in the media?

LOL

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
He may have been called a clown back in the beginning...however, how the tide has turned against the MSM...

He still is a clown. People just happen to like clowns.

Who doesn't like clowns?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You hate clowns don't you?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Yeah but that's because the super secret silent majority who live in subterranean cities somewhere in the Midwest only crawl out on election day.
edit on 2016-3-23 by theantediluvian because: replied to the wrong person!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Yet, he is winning this election so far and has the mighty establishment up in arms and wetting themselves.

It is funny.

More memes! They prove this is appealing to a face book crowd by the opposition trying to insult rather than form valid arguments against.

Since they dont have valid arguments. Memes are good I guess when you lack that.

Also, why not try and throw around numbers people here can easily see beyond. This is their first election you know,

Like trying to say an article CONTRADICTING establishment findings actually supports them.

How about insulting people and making them feel anger at those that think they are dumb and laugh. That will make them vote differetly....

LOL

Lord, make them continue. We cant do it without them.

link   

It was my own estimate

But as others have been explaining above, you can find all kinds of statistics to match what you want.
This one is kind of interesting:
(The original article in Fortune.com requires a subscription, so this seems to have the information)

Stony Brook University Professor Helmut Norpoth on his predictions for how Donald Trump would do in the general election. This guy has predicted the winner of EVERY pres race since 1996. He says Trump has a 97% chance of beating Hillary Clinton and a 99% chance of beating Bernie Sanders.

The only true facts will be the results of the election.

link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Perhaps I am a clown and taught Trump everything he knows?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Sure can't wait until Bernie's Brownshirt Circus comes to town to block traffic and use violence to shut down free speech while wearing KKK hoods and waving Soviet flags!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Are you seriously thinking people cant read for themselves?

Do you think this is facebook that they wont just go read the article?

The ENTIRE PREMISE of the article is saying that previous thought on the issue were wrong. THAT THEIR FINDINGS contradict the original MSM numbers thrown around-

You really think this is fooling anyone?

LOL

This is why Trump is wining.

No, in fact, I think people CAN read for themselves.

I am quoting FROM YOUR ARTICLE.

Can you read what you just posted?

There was also another impassioned category of Sanders fans in the Guardian’s call-out: 214 people – 32% of all respondents – replied to express that they would never vote for Trump. Some expressed anger at the Guardian for even asking the question, which they saw as an insult to the Sanders movement and an example of “mainstream media” bias.

Even more telling ... you immediately went to "Some sources say" that 80-90% crap ... which ones then? Link 'em!

Again from your article:

The Guardian call-out was not a poll, but controlled surveys by polling companies have identified this small but not insignificant slice of the Sanders crowd who would consider backing Trump.

and again ... FROM THE ARTICLE YOU LINKED

No we are not seeing the birth of a new cross-party force in American politics. But we are seeing an interesting political dynamic. Almost one in 10 Sanders supporters apparently think Trump is next best thing to their candidate, and certainly better than Clinton.

For the mathematically challenged among us "almost 1 in 10" means "less than 10%" ... for example, the 7 and 8% mentioned IN YOUR ARTICLE!

If your guy is so wonderful, surely you don't have to stoop to plainly lying do you?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

You know. That is such a great argument I think I will change my vote. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

No, you can't find "all kinds of statistics to match the ones you want."

117 Polls say differently.

You posted "your own estimate" based on what? Belief? Faith? Hope?

But please, link to any majority of polls that shows that more Americans favor Trump than disfavor him.

Something aside from "because I think so" maybe?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join