It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're better off with Bin Laden at large...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Let Bin Laden stay free, says CIA man

THE world may be better off if Osama Bin Laden remains at large, according to the Central Intelligence Agency’s recently departed executive director.

If the world’s most wanted terrorist is captured or killed, a power struggle among his Al-Qaeda subordinates may trigger a wave of terror attacks, said AB “Buzzy” Krongard, who stepped down six weeks ago as the CIA’s third most senior executive.

“You can make the argument that we’re better off with him (at large),” Krongard said. “Because if something happens to Bin Laden, you might find a lot of people vying for his position and demonstrating how macho they are by unleashing a stream of terror.”

Krongard, a former investment banker who joined the CIA in 1998, said Bin Laden’s role among Islamic militants was changing.

“He’s turning into more of a charismatic leader than a terrorist mastermind,” he said. “Some of his lieutenants are the ones to worry about.”

Yeah, Bin Laden is certainly a hasbeen. The jihad kingpin is just a sugar daddy for terrorists in 2005. Lets play down this Bin Laden character now and start sweeping him out of the minds of the masses. If I remember correctly, Bush went from his "Wanted Dead or Alive" line in 2001 to "I truly am not that concerned about him" in 2002. Now it's time to make this boogeyman disappear. We have an al-Zarqawi to roast...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Let Bin Laden stay free, says CIA man

THE world may be better off if Osama Bin Laden remains at large, according to the Central Intelligence Agency’s recently departed executive director.

If the world’s most wanted terrorist is captured or killed, a power struggle among his Al-Qaeda subordinates may trigger a wave of terror attacks, said AB “Buzzy” Krongard, who stepped down six weeks ago as the CIA’s third most senior executive.

“You can make the argument that we’re better off with him (at large),” Krongard said. “Because if something happens to Bin Laden, you might find a lot of people vying for his position and demonstrating how macho they are by unleashing a stream of terror.”

Krongard, a former investment banker who joined the CIA in 1998, said Bin Laden’s role among Islamic militants was changing.

“He’s turning into more of a charismatic leader than a terrorist mastermind,” he said. “Some of his lieutenants are the ones to worry about.”

Yeah, Bin Laden is certainly a hasbeen. The jihad kingpin is just a sugar daddy for terrorists in 2005. Lets play down this Bin Laden character now and start sweeping him out of the minds of the masses. If I remember correctly, Bush went from his "Wanted Dead or Alive" line in 2001 to "I truly am not that concerned about him" in 2002. Now it's time to make this boogeyman disappear. We have an al-Zarqawi to roast...

He's good at faking people out....like maybe CIA directors. He might be trying to act like he can't do anything then all the sudden the US could get hit again....I doubt it since he has been reduced to sending video tapes to news organizations, but it could be possible.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Its laughable how the man alleged to have started this fight we are in now has been so utterly forgotten and pushed aside by those who so desperately want to continue this fight.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This is a good example of why Porter Goss is cleaning house at the CIA. Here is a perfect example of why 911 happened. Such thinking is just insane. It was the same reasoning behind Bush 41 not taking down Saddam after GW1. With that "logic" Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot should still be in power.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Morning Cargo,
Seems that this type thinking is why Mr. "Buzzy" Krongard is no longer working for the CIA, huh? I wonder which butt cheek Mr. Goss left the footprint upon?

from your article
...recently departed executive director.

These type people have serious issues and obviously, their past oaths taken, when inducted into the CIA, have no bearing in their after-the-CIA-lives.

Krongard = moron.

seekerof

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Mornin Seeker.

Originally posted by Seekerof
Seems that this type thinking is why Mr. "Buzzy" Krongard is no longer working for the CIA, huh? I wonder which cheeck Mr. Goss left the footprint upon?

from your article
...recently departed executive director.

Yeah but this part is what got me:

Several US officials have privately admitted that it may be better to keep Bin Laden pinned down on the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan rather than make him a martyr or put him on trial. But Krongard is the most senior figure to acknowledge publicly that his capture might prove counter-productive.

As with such things, we never find out about these "US officials".

These type people have serious issues and obviously, their past oaths taken, when inducted into the CIA, have no bearing in their after-the-CIA-lives.

There certainly has been a bout of "dishonoured oaths" lately.

This is one of those topics that has a distinct polarity among people I think. Hoping it doesn't end up as another stinker.

Edit: Oh, and I never quite understood what keeping Bin Laden "pinned down" at the border means. If you know where he is you go get him, Hooah and all that. How long have they been "pinning him down"? Anyway bed time for me.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by cargo]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
heres a theory outta no where what if Osama is still a covert CIA op? That blows my mind. Well the spooks did train him. Maybe he is deep undcover. But anyways Mr. K does have point. If we do capture kill him there are bound to be deadly reprucusions.

top topics

join