It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Crabb Apparently Thinks Homosexuals Can Be Cured.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So our new DWP secretary seems to be of the opinion that Homosexuality can be cured!

In his own words Mr Crabb has stated “It is a sickness, an aberration, and with patience, care and treatment the patient can be cured to live out the rest of their life as a normal, functioning member of society”.

Is this blatantly homophobic individual really the correct Man to hold such an exulted position of government considering the opinions he seems to hold regarding gay people? If he believes such notions regarding homosexuals then what other backward thinking ideologies does he subscribe to and entertain?

Your thoughts and opinions please fellow members.

www.independent.co.uk...

newsthump.com...
edit on 23-3-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I would like to find the cure for politicians. Maybe they could live like normal people some day.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The only aberrance is him and his ilk, the Tory snobs.

People voted for these animals.

Upper class thugs is what they are.
edit on 23-3-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Spelling.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Someone should try and fix him or at least educate the muppet as to the fact that people are people.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My money is on he has a box in a cupboard full of wimmins underwear.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

My first thought was that's repressing his own sexual preference.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

My first thought was that's repressing his own sexual preference.

Or that.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

One has to wonder as to how the 12 Conservative openly gay MPs feel about his links to such groups, never mind the other 20 members of parliament who are also gay?

Does he consider his fellow peers normal, functioning members of society?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

He believes homosexuals are not "normal, functioning" members of society. This, in and of itself, is a problem. As far as his notion of "curing" homosexuals, even if such brainwashing (or even chemical/hormonal changes) to effect a change in sexual preference were possible...whose choice does he think it would be?

If I had to venture a guess, based on what I know of this sleezebag, I would guess he would make it mandatory - or at least mandatory if you want to receive any form of benefits (i.e. healthcare, housing assistance, etc.)

What a dirtbag. There are some proponents of radical Theocracy in segments of the US who would like this guy as a political figure. The more extreme elements in Iran would as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I always find it amusing when straight people define gays while never having been gay themselves.

Maybe straight people should stop having gay children. If its a sickness then we should look at the parents who transmitted the disease.
edit on 23-3-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Suppose the real question given the mans thoughts on the subject, do gay people now qualify for ESA/DLA given there apparent sickness and aberration?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Mr Crabb has stated “It is a sickness,

Not according to science.

My opinion is Mr Crabb is ignorant and a closest homosexual, whats the old saying, those that screams the loudest.

There is no cure for homosexuality, just like someone being born heterosexual. Can you cure a straight man to change his sexual orientation to be gay? No it's impossible.

Mr Crabb needs some psychiatry help in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Mr Crabb needs some psychiatry help in my opinion.

At the least.

Mr. Crabb(ass), is among that group of people who thinks he's qualified to run everyone elses life, even though other peoples lifestyle has NO effect on him whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

His approach and views are disgusting.

It has however been shown that sexual urges/sexuality can be changed using certain techniques. However immoral this may be it is true.

I don't know why I even post this stuff though. I always end up being slated. Producing the same old research. Then being slated again. I almost deleted this post but decided against it. I'm not homophobic. I couldn't careless. But just like a homosexual can be mind controlled into finding the opposite sex attractive... I, a heterosexual could be mind controlled into finding the same sex attractive.

There's plenty of studies out there to highlight situations where this can happen. If you're open minded you'll find them. But to be honest I'm usually banging my head against a brick wall on this subject.

The only open minded conversations I've had in this subject were back in university.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
In his own words Mr Crabb has stated “It is a sickness, an aberration, and with patience, care and treatment the patient can be cured to live out the rest of their life as a normal, functioning member of society”.

Where was that quote from? I didn't see it in either of your links.

I don't support the guy, just curious, and questioning what he actually said, as you quoted, when and where?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

His approach and views are disgusting.

It has however been shown that sexual urges/sexuality can be changed using certain techniques. However immoral this may be it is true.

Choose maybe, change no.

Kinda like changing your eye color. You can choose colored contacts, but it still doesn't change your eye color.

Back to politics . . . .

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Going back and reading what i took for Mr Crabb's words i now see that its an activists comment parodying Mr Crabb's links to such groups as Christian Action Research and Education, a Christian advocacy organisation opposed to LGBT equality legislation and with a history of sponsoring 'gay cure therapy' events.

So my bad he did not actually say such things all through his links to groups that do believe in such therapy is rather apparent. What can i say, im dyslexic, i apologize i missed the word "activist".

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
There IS a cure for Crabs.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

No worries fella, I was just checking I hadn't missed it somewhere.
I think it says much with just his involvement in that crazy sounding Christian group, so it wouldn't surprise me if he thinks that in private.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I believe it is a sickness as well, hopefully one that can be cured one day soon!

It makes me sad to see people try to be something they aren't. If you're gay, you're gay. No amount of praying, quack medicine, pretending to be straight, or homeopathy will cure someone that thinks that gay is a sickness and not who they are. Nor will it cure the imbeciles who believe that people chose to love someone of the same gender. What's that? I took his words and spun them around? whoops.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join