It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing Propaganda and the GOP Blowback

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Quite true. That is why anytime a politican gives a speech you can be sure that propaganda can be included. And in fact, it's almost requisite. Who would follow a leader that didn't project an air of confidence that their path is the best one to follow?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Which has nothing to do with the topic.

Like hell it doesn't! Don't gatekeep just to avoid inconvenient to you arguments.

From the OP:

We can begin to see the narratives come to take shape in the nineties during the Clinton presidency. Propagandists such as Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin used specific words and phrases who's purpose was to attack those they opposed politically and their listeners quickly picked-up on those tactics.

This episode during the Clinton years was HRC's "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" that she bitched and pissed and moaned about anytime something disadvantageous to her or her Meal Ticket was raised by people like Limbaugh (Levin wasn't even on the air in the Clinton years).

The entire premise of the OP requires that one buys into that ridiculous theory manufactured by a harpy who couldn't keep her husband faithful nor keep herself from being party to fraudulent business dealings. The was no "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy," nor was it a "right wing propaganda machine." Hell, some of the crap the OP brings to the table is logistically disingenuous to even present as propaganda. For example:

They were the only true American patriots, while the Left were anti-American scum. They were fiscally responsible while the Left were careless and wanted to spend the US in to oblivion, giving the money to the poor, lazy welfare recipients so they would vote for Democrats. They were the party of Christian values and morality, while the Left was comprised of the morally bankrupt with no sense of what is right or wrong.

None of this is propaganda, the core basis beneath this overdramatised baloney is the God's honest truth!

You can't be a patriot if your primary goal at the polls is to "fundamentally change America" away from what it was founded to be.
You can't love America while claiming you've never been proud of her until she was remolded into your liberal worldview.
The Democrats ABSOLUTELY have formed a Kept Voter Base of welfare recipients dependent on continuation of liberal policies as their Meal Ticket.
How can the Democrats be a party of Christian morals and values while being pro-choice, anti-Christian, pro-sexual experimentation, anti-religious definition of marriage, and pro-Hollywood?

I realize we live in a completely screwed up world where words and claims are held in more esteem than actions and reality, but my God, just saying something inconvenient to you is "propaganda" doesn't make it so.

And yes, again, this crap all started with Hillary Clinton's inabillity to rationally defend her and her husbands actions to their followers, instead deciding to play the blame game and create a boogeyman which apparently is still being bought into today by people who can't otherwise rationally explain why people like Donald Trump are leading in the polls.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

The techniques of propaganda have spread so far and wide. That everything we read, listen to, and watch, is propaganda. It bleeds into everyday life. So even most of what we say to each other is propaganda. Everyone is a propagandist. Which is why no one can trust anyone else.

Which is why everyone is dug into their position.

Person number one says, "How can I trust you when you are spewing propaganda!?"

Person number two responds, "How can I trust you when you are spewing propaganda!?"

So we are all comfortable in the thought that we are absolutely right, and the other person is absolutely wrong. Because we are all propagandists. As propagandists and not people. We know what is right. We are the ones who influence not those who are influenced. We can never back down. We can never compromise. Because we can't be wrong. We are the propagandists. Or so we believe.

But don't listen to me. What do I know. Its all probably propaganda anyways.

edit on 23-3-2016 by karmicecstasy because: For propaganda purposes

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And again the Clinton's. Did you look up "obfuscation" and "deflection"? Why are you reluctant to focus on the GOP propaganda machine?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

And again the Clinton's. Did you look up "obfuscation" and "deflection"? Why are you reluctant to focus on the GOP propaganda machine?

I JUST SAID IT DOESN'T GODDAMNED EXIST!

Look up obtuse, please.
edit on 23-3-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I JUST SAID IT DOESN'T GODDAMNED EXIST!

Then you are blind. It's obvious to most.

Look up obtuse, please.

I already know it. Do you?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Nothing like going with the crowd, because they can never be wrong, right?

I already know it. Do you?

Oh, more than you'd ever know. Nothing like dealing with an obtuse individual who's entire argument is based on whatever the masses are presently supporting to make one keenly aware of what the word means.

You want your Right Wing Propaganda Machine architect?

There ya go, knock yourself out.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Clintons AGAIN! Well there's obtuse and then there's "intentionally obtuse". How many examples of right wing propaganda has to be pointed out before you figure out the trees ARE that forest.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I didn't see a need to write a 10 paragraph treatise on how I found the OP's premise to be full of crap and very much in-line with HRC's propaganda of a "vast right wing conspiracy" being behind all of her and her husbands eff ups, 'Trep.

After the entire Benghazi fiasco and the way the Right have conducted themselves over the email issue, I think it's safe to say there is a goo possibility of a Right Wing conspiracy against her.

Does that possibility cross your mind?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Does that possibility cross your mind?

Really? You're going to cherry pick two highly derelict examples of malfeasance by an elected official and the subsequent outrage as being a "conspiracy against her?" Seriously?

Tell you what, you try screwing up so badly that 3 Americans die, then lie to Congress about it (making sure to add in a self-aggrandizing "what does it matter?" when directly questioned on something), and then send a bundle of classified emails to your assistant on an unsecured server and see how much time you do.

If anything, that is an example of a Vast Left Wing Conspiracy to abdicate Democrats from having to follow the laws and duties of their posts.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Which has nothing to do with the topic.

The Democrats ABSOLUTELY have formed a Kept Voter Base of welfare recipients dependent on continuation of liberal policies as their Meal Ticket.
How can the Democrats be a party of Christian morals and values while being pro-choice, anti-Christian, pro-sexual experimentation, anti-religious definition of marriage, and pro-Hollywood?

I realize we live in a completely screwed up world where words and claims are held in more esteem than actions and reality, but my God, just saying something inconvenient to you is "propaganda" doesn't make it so.

Oh wow! No, the Democrats have not formed a base of welfare recipients. That is part of what some were brainwashed into thinking.

Christian morals. Makes me think of Christ. Not these odd values that the current religious Right presses upon us. Yes, one can have Christian values and be all of those things. not sure about Hollywood and how the film industry fits into that discussion though.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Dude, you and I can continue this circle jerk of "my opinion trumps your opinion" all day long. Bottom line, I've made my argument, it is inconvenient to you, so instead of discussing it you've followed your standard playbook well and embraced selective tunnel vision and misplaced gatekeeping... I get it.

Understand, topics often involve other topics. If you had a topic about the 49ers, I'd certainly remind you the Cardinals beat them 47-7 and 13-19 last year, pointing out that the Cards kicked their ass and were a much better team. Would you gatekeep it, or would you acknowledge that, in a thread about the Niners, the Cards are also a valid discussion point, specifically their games against San Fran. Same damn thing here... Hillary Clinton started this nonsense. She was the first one to claim the "it's Right Wing Conspiracy/propaganda" defense, it was a completely BS claim then, as it is now, and I absolutely brought her to the table for discussion. Look, there she still sits, right where I placed her because she belongs in this discussion... especially seeing how much her presence confounds you in this discussion.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Really? You're going to cherry pick two highly derelict examples of malfeasance by an elected official and the subsequent outrage as being a "conspiracy against her?" Seriously?

They were examples of how the Right Wing can take issues and spin them for their propaganda/political purposes, outside of the truth.

Most of the things we heard about Benghazi, like they failed to act in time to save our fellow Americans, were simply untrue. But those falsehoods still exist today and is regurgitated ad nauseum.

Why is that?

Right Wing propaganda.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Most of the things we heard about Benghazi, like they failed to act in time to save our fellow Americans, were simply untrue.

Untrue based on whose testimony?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton started this nonsense. She was the first one to claim the "it's Right Wing Conspiracy/propaganda" defense, it was a completely BS claim then, as it is now, and I absolutely brought her to the table for discussion.

Hillary has very little to do with what I discussed in the OP. The propaganda actually started during the Reagan years, but it really picked-up in the nineties after Levin left the Reagan admin.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Dude, you and I can continue this circle jerk of "my opinion trumps your opinion" all day long. Bottom line, I've made my argument, it is inconvenient to you, so instead of discussing it you've followed your standard playbook well and embraced selective tunnel vision and misplaced gatekeeping... I get it.

The next level of the, we'll go with "American". tactic. When your argument fails...attack the other persons character. You have actually proved the OP's point. Don't think about it, you won't see it. See? I can do that too but I prefer to deal with reality.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Most of the things we heard about Benghazi, like they failed to act in time to save our fellow Americans, were simply untrue.

Untrue based on whose testimony?

9 Republican congressional hearings in which almost all, if not all, of the BS being flung at her was proven to be incorrect.
edit on 23-3-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

No, first level of "arguing with a broken record," actually.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Its that silly right wing dance, tip toe around the subject in thread, fling insults, post memes that say funny things, oh and dont forgot the smiley faces.

I honestly wish they could see how there behing played by both sides.

Oh and the leftish propaganda is grade school work compared to fox news, they cant even get there lies together, cnn and msnbc wish they could be like fox.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join