It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing Propaganda and the GOP Blowback

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Does that Hillary Rodham Clinton Kool-Aide only come in Vast Right Wing Conspiracy flavor?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Does that Hillary Rodham Clinton Kool-Aide only come in Vast Right Wing Conspiracy flavor?

Is a cogent rebuttal, not just obfuscation and deflection, too much to ask for?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

A very well thought out post, all true.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No, but the Right Wing koolaid only comes in the "blame Obama" flavor.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Let's see...

The left basically controls the school system from kindergarten through college with leftist teachers and professors pushing everything from global warming, timmy has two daddies, gun control, social justice, etc.

Everything from Sunday morning cartoons to Sesame Street pushes the same agenda along with a national news media and hollywood which is also entirely leftist.

Conservatives dominate talk radio because quite frankly, liberals generally suck at it and they aren't very good at defending their positions when challenged. Have you tried to listen to liberal talk radio? Talk about depressing.

So yeah, there is propaganda, but most it is comes from the left. To deny this is to deny reality.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I didn't see a need to write a 10 paragraph treatise on how I found the OP's premise to be full of crap and very much in-line with HRC's propaganda of a "vast right wing conspiracy" being behind all of her and her husbands eff ups, 'Trep.

You need to lookup the words "obfuscation," "deflection," and "disagreement." They aren't interchangeable concepts and I routinely catch you confusing disagreement with obfuscation and deflection.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

if you see the phrase "news alert" in a bold red banner on FOX, it means normal everyday news

Or that Sarah Palin has had something indecipherable to say in front of an audience.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

...which is itself a cheap knock-off of Country-Tyme's "Blame my Predecessor" flavor.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

So yeah, there is propaganda, but most it is comes from the left. To deny this is to deny reality.

Both the left and right deny reality when it suits their agenda, much like what you did here with this post.

Why can't we just say that both sides have been brainwashed with their own flavor of indoctrination and propaganda?

That would mean facing the possibility of yourself being a victim of it as well though, so let's blame it all on the other side instead.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: intrepid

I didn't see a need to write a 10 paragraph treatise on how I found the OP's premise to be full of crap and very much in-line with HRC's propaganda of a "vast right wing conspiracy" being behind all of her and her husbands eff ups, 'Trep.

Which has nothing to do with the topic. We're discussing the GOP propaganda machine.

You need to lookup the words "obfuscation," "deflection," and "disagreement." They aren't interchangeable concepts and I routinely catch you confusing disagreement with obfuscation and deflection.

As an English major... no, I don't. You just can't handle the current topic so "obfuscation and deflection". Look em up dude. You'll see I'm on the nose.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

But they stole their recipe from the "deflect attention to Hillary" line of koolaid.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Conservatives dominate talk radio because quite frankly, liberals generally suck at it and they aren't very good at defending their positions when challenged. Have you tried to listen to liberal talk radio? Talk about depressing.

No. It's because the information is dry and factual and NOT laced with hyperbole, rhetoric, or emotional content. Listen to NPR, you get the news and just the news. Listen to Rush Limbaugh and he angrily tells you what to think. Thus, left wing radio is boring, but that's how the news is SUPPOSED to be and traditionally was.
edit on 23-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I find that no matter which position a person takes in an argument or debate, it is vanishingly rare that your opponent can actually accept that maybe, just maybe, you have arrived at the position you hold through self-analysis of a myriad of views and ideas and angles over the years.

Nope, no matter what, you had to have been "brainwashed" because only an idiot could possibly think or believe what you think or believe.

Sort of disgusting really.

The only time I ever venture into brainwashing territory is when my opponent in a discussion actually can't be bothered to explain why they hold a certain belief or position and just default to calling me names for opposing their obvious brilliance and moral superiority.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Let's see...

The left basically controls the school system from kindergarten through college with leftist teachers and professors pushing everything from global warming, timmy has two daddies, gun control, social justice, etc.

Everything from Sunday morning cartoons to Sesame Street pushes the same agenda along with a national news media and hollywood which is also entirely leftist.

As for school systems, the South and Midwest would be no example of that. Creationism is taught in many elementary schools and some states removed imaginary numbers.

PBS programming for children is not pushing an agenda, it is keeping up with the world and explaining it to children in ways they can understand, while educating in basic math and reading and social skills at the same time. That has always been top notch and better than mindless cartoons.

There are lots of 'Timmies with 2 daddies', when discussing it on a child's level it is not propaganda it is heading off bullying. Climate change is not a bad thing for children to learn and/or general respect for the environment. I have never seen Sesame Street come out and say 'climate change is real and no one should have guns'. That is ludicrous.
There is NOTHING wrong with social justice. I am dismayed at the characterization of PBS programming. It is far and away than staring at a phone or an Xbox.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
S&F

The numerous right wing propaganda outlets and right wing radio fertilized the ground and enabled the Trump fungus to thrive now that fungus has taken over its host

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
Change thread title to: Left Wing Propaganda and Baby's First Hit Piece

Do you disagree that the propaganda has backfired on the GOP and opened the door for someone like Trump?

I do, and that is the number of true Dems (not ProgLibs) moving over and voting Repub.This has been happening for years now.These facts are in direct opposition to your statement. Even the Dems are getting tired of the tripe from the left.
Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Is that why Democratic candidates are both still winning in the national head-to-head polls?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Explain to me how talk radio on channels you actively have to search for on AM dials which almost nobody uses anymore ... except for people actively searching for AM talk radio is so overwhelming and pervasive that people cannot escape it.

Propaganda that hides isn't very effective.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Right wing propaganda? Here's a little secret... All political parties, all politicians, all media, all forms of government, all businesses, all sports teams, and all humans use propaganda techniques. The thing about propaganda is that it needn't be false or misleading. It can be 100% accurate. The sole requirement needed for a statement to be propaganda is for there to be bias present, even if it is of the slightest amount. Simply put, ALL political speech is propaganda.
edit on 23-3-2016 by Arizonaguy because: Spelling typos

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Frankly, all speech period is propaganda when you get right down to it. The English language is rich and varied enough that you can create incredible shades of meaning and connotation without even half meaning to. The choice of your adjectives alone will give hints as to what you really feel no matter how impartial you intend to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join