It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing Propaganda and the GOP Blowback

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
We are seeing the implosion of the right in the usa, and they keep on blaming the left.

They voted for bush jr twice and they say words like king, emperor or dear leader obama.

There re writing history by the day, too bad the left isint much better.

edit on 23-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The "conservatives" are leaving the GOP because the GOP is no different than the DNC.

All due respect, but I believe that idea is part of the narrative being pushed now. The GOP and the DNC vary drastically on the issues, but if the GOP does not toe the extremist line, they are equated to being no different than the DNC.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I like most of what you said, but Trump isn't the only result of this propaganda machine. Ted Cruz is also one as well. He was literally birthed from the Tea Party/pseudo-Libertarian movement in 2012. He's just another flavor of extremism.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The "conservatives" are leaving the GOP because the GOP is no different than the DNC.

All due respect, but I believe that idea is part of the narrative being pushed now. The GOP and the DNC vary drastically on the issues, but if the GOP does not toe the extremist line, they are equated to being no different than the DNC.

Not at all.

In fact, two specific points I brought up are "owned" by the DNC.

Pot and gay marriage.

It's the establishment GOP that holds those values and not the regular folks who could care less.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Very well said. To others replying, of course there is a left-wing propaganda machine as well, but I believe the right-wing propaganda has either been far more effective, or is far more pervasive (and devious.) Heck, they've convinced people that modern Republicans are Conservative, of all things! Just pulling that off alone is something a master propagandist probably could only dream about!

I think people should hold whatever political/economic views they want, but it annoys me when those views are based on lies.

The Left wing propaganda is pitiful compared to that of the Right. If you paid attention to the media during the Bush years, many media outlets tried to adapt the "Fox News" style of journalism. But they were not able to effectively pull it off.

Also, the Right Wing information circle is very small. They get their information from a very select choice of media outlets, while the Left varies quite a bit. It's hard to push a narrative on to the Left when they are spread out over many news channels and websites.

Let's also not forget that there is no such thing as Left Wing radio. The Right wing has a lock on that market. Hell, even in markets where you cannot listen to people like Rush, Hannity or Levin, you can simply turn on Christian/Catholic radio and get the same sort of content.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I like most of what you said, but Trump isn't the only result of this propaganda machine. Ted Cruz is also one as well. He was literally birthed from the Tea Party/pseudo-Libertarian movement in 2012. He's just another flavor of extremism.

That is entirely correct. Trump was just the most obvious example.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I'm confused. In one statement you said "The "conservatives" are leaving the GOP because the GOP is no different than the DNC", but then provide an example in which the GOP is at odds with the DNC.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but it appears you are saying that your views on those issues align better with the DNC than the GOP.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Great thread, I'm becoming more and more of the opinion that it's far too late and too many (not all, not most) are just too lost down their rabbit holes and clutches. The propaganda broke them and now they can only respond to the stimuli that provides the best feels. I bet the GOP is really kicking itself in the ass now, they either accept Trump or face a rebellion.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That is entirely correct. Trump was just the most obvious example.

Yea, the Trump effect has pretty much diluted or obscured the craziness of Cruz, but if Trump hadn't of run for President, we'd be having this conversation about Ted right now instead of the hairpiece.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Propaganda? One side has been spoon-fed over and over that anyone who doesn't agree with them is a racist poor uneducated hillbilly. It's in practically every political ATS thread.

link   
I agree with you here, while the left wing has its propaganda, the right wing is FAR more effective in its delivery in my opinion. "Conservatives" have turned into a caricature of themselves, being as "extreme" as one can possibly be without actually crossing into the terrorist category.

I don't fall into either the left or right, but I believe the right and its propaganda has been far more harmful to this country than the left and its propaganda has been.

I can turn on Fox News and just feel the propaganda and fear oozing out of pretty much every story they cover whereas CNN (for example) is more "fair and balanced" with less fear-mongering and more actual journalism.

Fox News is nothing more than opinion-based entertainment covering current events, it's barely even news and there is hardly an ounce of integrity within its "journalism", if you can even call it that.

There are several members on this site who have drank the rights koolaid and don't even realize it. Anyone who blames anything on "the left" constantly (we know who these people are) are drinking it.
edit on 3/23/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And just as passionately except about Christianity and homosexuality instead of black people and immigrants of all varieties... and walls.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but it appears you are saying that your views on those issues align better with the DNC than the GOP.

My views, certainly. But not just my views, but a growing number of "conservatives" who are tired of the hubris (you call it propaganda) on the right.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
let's not forget that conservative wordsmith Frank Luntz, who coined the phrase "death taxes" to replace the phrase inheritance taxes....that way, people WOULD think that most of us might have to pay them when they die, but it only applied to a few thousand uber-wealthy families in the U.S......
and...if you see the phrase "news alert" in a bold red banner on FOX, it means normal everyday news

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Propaganda? One side has been spoon-fed over and over that anyone who doesn't agree with them is a racist poor uneducated hillbilly. It's in practically every political ATS thread.

Nonsense. It has nothing to do with not agreeing with someone. I disagree with many people, including people with similar political beliefs, and I would not say that about them.

On the other hand, there are many racist, uneducated morons out there. Is it not PC to call a spade a spade?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Another source of this propaganda is the right-leaning National Review, who just put out a scathing critique by both eminent and dubious commentators called "Against Trump", which was an entire issue of Trump criticism. So now it appears that both right and left-wing propaganda finally have a person to demonize, making them curious bedfellows indeed.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And just as passionately except about Christianity and homosexuality instead of black people and immigrants of all varieties... and walls.

So because of the Trump effect, we get this:
Jeb Bush backs Ted Cruz for president

When as little as a month ago, the GOP hated Cruz almost as much as they hated Trump.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My views, certainly. But not just my views, but a growing number of "conservatives" who are tired of the hubris (you call it propaganda) on the right.

I am more than willing to discuss issues with those people, and am willing to compromise, if they would do the same. Those that are brainwashed and have become so extreme that there is no room for compromise with us Leftists do not deserve a seat at the adult table.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Another source of this propaganda is the right-leaning National Review, who just put out a scathing critique by both eminent and dubious commentators called "Against Trump", which was an entire issue of Trump criticism. So now it appears that both right and left-wing propaganda finally have a person to demonize, making them curious bedfellows indeed.

More proof of the hole they have dug with their own propaganda.

It appears the blowback is indeed a reality.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

as opposed to anyone not agreeing with the right-wing, is a communist-loving, Soros-funded, pot-smoking, welfare-spending, radical leftist.....ok....got it

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join