It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Might be Homeless: UPDATE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It's been a month since I posted the topic "Need your help. Might be homeless in under a month", and I had received a ton of help from the members here on ATS.

What started out as a simple way to vent out my frustration at what seemed to be a never ending lineup of bad news and setbacks turned into a 9 page thread consisting of over 160 posts of extremely helpful advice. Some members went above and beyond any expectations and had offered to help review resumes, look into their own companies and inquired to see if they had positions that were in my area, extended their knowledge of specific fields they worked in to help me try and find a job in a similar field, and have expressed incredible care in a fellow ATS member.

To everyone, I cannot possibly express my gratitude for your support, information, and determination to help.

So, here's what has happened in the span of a month:

~ Thanks to several suggestions, I have began compiling a digital-arts portfolio and am soon starting a freelance digital arts service
~ The sudden medical issue that had been mentioned in the original topic have since calmed down briefly, allowing us to save for the procedure more easily
~ Our realtor quit his company, which is a good thing because his drive to sell our house seemed to have dramatically fallen since the first month we had it listed, and he has been replaced with a new realtor that has been getting us far more viewings and our first viewing that has come back a second time and is currently 'checking with their bank to see if they can afford the house'
~ I have sent out a good 20 new and improved resumes
~ We have completed our taxes and received a tax return, helping us get through the bills
~ My Employment insurance has now finally run it's course, so I won't be receiving anything from that anymore

Which is fine....

Because....

I finally Got a job!

One that I am extremely excited for because it offers a lot of chances to progress and get pay raises. It starts excessively early in the morning (6:00 am) and finishes early in the evening, which gives me plenty of time to find a part time job as well where I can work a good 12-14 hours per day, which is exactly what we need. Best of all, it's something that I actually want to do! I'll be working with outdoor gear and extreme sports (rock climbing, kayaking, mountaineering, circling, and more), all huge passions of mine.

I'll let you guys know if the house sells, and we do want it to sell because the housing market here is likely going to go through a large collapse quite soon with unemployment rates continuously increasing.

Previously, no job and no employment insurance meant we could have had to declare bankruptcy, even though our house was on the market. But now, thanks to the help of all of you through your knowledge, support, and information, along with a bit of luck and perseverance, we'll be able to move into a much more affordable setting and start saving again

So again, I cannot express how much you guys have helped out a fellow ATS Member. I Love the ATS community

edit on 23/3/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Outstanding !!!

This is great news, thanks for sharing with everyone.

To those who helped, thank you as well. We've got a great community here.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Aww, that's great!! Yay!! So happy to hear the good news.

I'm really glad you received so much support here too. It just helps to reinforce my belief that there are some really wonderful people in this community.

jacy

link   
I read your first thread but didn't participate unfortunately. Glad to see things got better instead of worse! Keep truckin!

link   

Glad things seem to be working out relatively okay for you. I missed your first post concerning all of this, but it sounds like you're on a good path.

Best wishes for the near future and beyond.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Aww, that's great!! Yay!! So happy to hear the good news.

I'm really glad you received so much support here too. It just helps to reinforce my belief that there are some really wonderful people in this community.

jacy

Definitely! Far more wonderful people, effort and support than I have seen in any other forum I've been on

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Glad to hear. I love to see people overcome and thrive in the face of adversary. Good luck to you in the future.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: elevatedone
Outstanding !!!

This is great news, thanks for sharing with everyone.

To those who helped, thank you as well. We've got a great community here.

Agreed!

Great to hear your circumstances are improving immensely. Hang with it. You've got this!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Glad to hear things are turning around for you!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Glad to hear the string of GOOD news and happenings! It always seems like the biggest hurdle to overcome is "turning the corner" - once you do, it seems everything starts falling into place. You've been aligning yourself for all these things, and now you're over the hump. As for finding a job, who wouldn't hire a guy with a mug like that (your avatar)?!

Best wishes for continued good things!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I'm REALLY happy to hear this update - sometimes it's only when it seemed like all was lost and hope is truly dwindling that something reveals itself and new doors open up.

It sounds like you have done absolutely everything you could to minimize any negatives that were on the horizon and set yourself up with some safety nets incase any of your solutions didn't pan out.

Extremely happy to hear you've secured new employment, health issues are calmed down for now, and new opportunities are presenting themselves.

Wishing you and your family members the best of luck with everything moving forward.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

What a fantastic update! Congratulations to all the new things going on in your life and to all the ATS members who were able to help you out...you guys rock! I'm willing to wager the community support has given you an extra dose of confidence which always helps matters even more. After stewing in trouble a while, my attitude always takes a dive and I sometimes am blind to possibilities unless fresh eyes and ears are available.

We want to sell in about a year when a new school is finished being built across the street...being here 26 years it's kind of scary to think of going through with it!

Wishing you more continued success and good vibes it all goes well for you and your wife

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Great news. Always a plus to get a job doing what you love...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Wow! That is fantastic news!!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yikes I might be on some sort of man period haha I was reading along like this all sounds great I'm proud of ats and it's members. Thinking you are making great steps and it's looking up... Then bam I hit the red text. You found a job!

I got teary eyed.. Lol.
I had read your other thread.
Guess I'm just happy for you.

reply to: Ghost147

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I read your other thread about the problems your were having. And though I don't think I participated, my heart went out to you.

I love hearing good news, and it has brightened up my day a bit.

I always consider ATS to be a big family. Sometimes we're very supportive of one another, and sometimes we're completely dysfunctional. In your case, I'm glad it was the former, rather than the latter.

-dex

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yea.

Big smile.

Big sigh of relief.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147 So happy to see things have turned around for you!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Congratulations!

Glad things are on the mend...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
As for finding a job, who wouldn't hire a guy with a mug like that (your avatar)?!

Very true! In fact, I just did a photo-shoot for Seventeen Magazine...

SEE!!!

edit on 23/3/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join