It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Babymetal Addiction Center and Support Group

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
I now hate you! I can not get this music out of my head. Curse you! I am now an addict also, you evil pusher!

Excellent.

Sidenote: about to go see them in Atlanta on May 15th. should be great fun.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Actually, the interesting part to me is how they became a phenomenon at all. They certainly aren't bad, but its always interesting to see how these things go over time.

Their origin is indeed unique. a corporate media style attempt to make a few songs in a club...okay, a album...oops, international hit sensation. totally unplanned. Its assumed they were just gonna fill a small japanese niche and swap out the girls endlessly but that blew up in their face in the best way possible.

They are their own thing now and own the band label. I am actually more curious about how they adapt over time and if they will start burning out from being on a seemingly endless tour

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I totally dig this group's music. I know, me, a 40 something white dude am not the typical demo, but the mix of cutesy Jap pop with decent metal rifs, is just very unique and entertaining to listen to.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

They just popped into my autoplay for the first time today, and damn, I love it!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

They just popped into my autoplay for the first time today, and damn, I love it!

The question is how far down the rabbit hole will you go.
Check out their vids...their concerts are insane

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
I totally dig this group's music. I know, me, a 40 something white dude am not the typical demo, but the mix of cutesy Jap pop with decent metal rifs, is just very unique and entertaining to listen to.

Not the typical demo, but not outside of it either.
I went to their concert and it is one of the most diverse experiences I have had. young and old, every color, etc..oddly enough, very few kids...typical ages were the 20s-40s

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
to be fair, my 20 something kids were listening to it, and it caught my attention. I really liked the sound. Just made me feel like a creeper when actually seeing a video, lol....but Chocolate and Karate are a couple of my go to songs.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Good stuff. Did the lead guitar player die? Recently?

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I made it a tad over halfway through, Sat. I'm sorry, but even
All That Remains with a dry heaves Cuervo hangover sounds
like the clouds parting on a Genesis encore in comparison.
even if Gabriel stuck around till '85... and brought along Fripp
to friendly duel duo with Hackett.

I'm goin with the Forced Gender Reassignment tune as a plan B:
and I haven't really liked Cat Decap since they cut their hair.
Whatever happened to Angela and the Kurzweil Mangler? Good times...
bad teeth and a perfect butt, two Amotts no waitin'

EDIT:: I DID back up for Halford and IT IS a very tight and good
band the tykosans are fronting. God help us all, I will probably haveta
flush tomorrow with some Crimson Red.

edit on 26-8-2019 by derfreebie because: You WILL be assimilated into cute. NOT

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Just for kicks, a vocal coach's reaction to Babymetal.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hi. My name is TEOT and I am an addict.

It has been a few years since I listened to BABYMETAL. This last weekend I messed up and used again.

Each day is now a struggle. And I wish to be clean again.

There is something about “real” drums that blows the current “no volume, no tempo” change music away and they provide that!

And now I have just listened to Distortion and am wanting to use again!

edit on 26-2-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Clarity

edit on 26-2-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: drinkin

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Hi. My name is TEOT and I am an addict.

It has been a few years since I listened to BABYMETAL. This last weekend I messed up and used again.

Each day is now a struggle. And I wish to be clean again.

There is something about “real” drums that blows the current “no volume, no tempo” change music away and they provide that!

And now I have just listened to Distortion and am wanting to use again!

Welcome.

You are not alone Teot. I too have recently re-familiarized myself with Babymetal and I too have thus relapsed into the cute little voices and almost too good to be Japanese heavy guitar riffs. I have even found myself watching their insatiable videos that portray booming dresses and synchronized dances that I as a metal fan have no business watching.

We are all victims here Teot, we are all here for each other.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
My brothers.... I missed you guys.

Since the new material came out I am freshly re-addicted. I thought I had stopped but the cuteness was just too much.

It’s just too much, I had to go back and watch all their videos again. Then sync’d all their albums to my iPhone for work and commuting. The horror... and none of my coworkers understand me. At all.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Just when you think you've broken free, living your life, and suddenly someone offers you a bit of metali..I mean, surely it couldn't hurt...just maybe one quick listen...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join