It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starchild bump

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
While the StarChild Skull is indeed interesting the hit and miss test/reports at least from the website does leave a lot of questions that seem to be unanswered. Also I could be wrong but wasn't it the StarChild Skull and the confirmed human skull found near it in the cave/mine supposedly have full or partial skeletons but were washed away by a flood or something? Or am I thinking about one of the origins of the Crystal Skulls? If it is the one that had a partial skeleton and all but the skull washed away plus the handling from the original owners and so on would cause enough contamination to make it extremely hard to get a clean result? I mean it took a decent amount of time to get the Neanderthal Genome sequenced and we have more then just one skull and while I am by no means an expert in the field probably took more then just one skull or bone fragment?

I will admit I the skull is interesting and when I originally heard about it looked in to it a lot then it seemed that it and the story behind it vanished from view and now they seem to need another decent sum of money for more testing. It just kind of baffles me and saddens me a bit as well. Find unique/interesting stuff and either it turns out to be a hoax or when the answer isn't the one that the owners etc want to admit just makes things "secret".

I wish we could get some solid results and not a run around.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Stanford geneticist Dr. Garry Nolan had hands on involvement with the skull when Pye brought the skull to him to be examined. On the Starchild website, Dr. Nolan discusses several things in the comments section HERE (bottom of the page- 12th comment) that should be taken into account. As for the contamination, he mentions the following in Jan 2014:

I have also looked at the other sequences provided me by Lloyd earlier in 2012 and as far as I can tell what I was provided looked far more like metabolite genes from bacteria and not "mitochondrial" as was proposed. This contamination possibly occurred during the "washing" the skull underwent after it was initially buried by the original discoverer (according to Lloyd) and then washed downstream post a rainfall/deluge (again as related to me personally by Lloyd). Plenty of opportunity to get contaminated if you are washed out -- from being buried in the ground near a stream -- and then found downstream and dug up from the mud. Possibly the skull was washed at other times-- giving plenty of time for bacteria to grow on remaining organic materials from the skull. This would provide a treasure trove of contaminating DNA.

This is from a geneticist with no vested interest that was personally involved and not some armchair "scientist." Dr. Nolan further mentions his thoughts on this skull:

Having now been asked several times about my commentary in emails from bloggers, I will go further. I am supportive of the goals of the project, but I can categorically state that the FoxP2 sequence analysis above is amateur... and wrong. I am more than willing to have an open debate with the geneticist who makes the claims herein. Is he willing to step forward and openly reveal himself and have this debate?

Anyone with knowledge of evolutionary genetics would not make this mistake. It calls into question the judgement of the team, and makes it look (to me) like the team is using this simply to raise money from those who don't know the difference between opinion and fact.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

I already discussed how that FOXP2 analysis can't be taken seriously. The believers will simply believe.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
As the owner of the starchild skull. I will say that Lloyd Pye did the very best he could with what he had. Times have changed and I have found a new lead investigator Chase Kletzke to take up the task of finding the answers of the starchild skull. With Chase on the case we are having scientific testing done by only labs of very high standards and who will go on the record with thier results. Everything we do from this point will meet the high standards of admissiablity. I promise there will be no more secerts.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Could this have been a rare genetic disorder?
Have they ran a DNA test on the Star Child?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
Could this have been a rare genetic disorder?
Have they ran a DNA test on the Star Child?

The tests show that it is human.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join