It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little short on Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think those of you with the inclination to dabble will find the results quite fascinating. By all means get a selection of CRTs to play with to get off to a faster start. Disclaimer: If you have an aversion to strong static fields or "shady characters" you may wish to give this one a miss.

Look up Patent 685,958 and Patent 577,671. I've posted them below for your convenience. Quite simply if you have the inclination, give it a whirl and see what happens. Keep an eye on the static levels overnight! Seems the Earth shields some interference and provides for more interesting results.

www.google.co.uk...
www.google.co.uk...

edit on 23-3-2016 by simon155 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: simon155

can you provide us with some other sort of background information, or elaborate at all on why these 2 particular Tesla patents are so interesting?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Thank you

Do you know who now owns the patents, or if they expired?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

1st one was published in 1901 by Nikola Tesla, 2nd one was published in 1897 by Nikola Tesla

Patent term calculator www.uspto.gov...
edit on 23-3-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Holy Cracker!

I've been looking at some of the other patents and some are just...well read for yourself

Solid state tesla coil suit

A wearable suit apparatus incorporating one or more user-operated solid state tesla coils includes a full body clothing article constructed of integrated, conductive shielding material. An on board power supply such as a battery pack powers the one or more solid state tesla coils, which are connected to the suit such that the entire suit is held at or near the same potential as the base of the secondary coil(s) of the SSTC(s), thereby protecting the wearer from injury from the high voltage.

And there is this one

This invention converts inertial impulses into electric currents. Specifically, it converts impulses created by the impacts of high-energy particles from the Sun and other cosmic sources into the Earth's Magnetosphere and the varying D, E, F1 and F2 layers of its Ionosphere to controlled electric currents. This invention presents a new method of utilizing energy from the Sun and other sources of high energy articles as a virtually, inexhaustible, alternative-energy source for the world.

I'm bookmarking the site as there is a lot a reading to do.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Thanks, I'd go through it but the stuff smells quite heavily edited, and it requires the technical drawings for me to "get it" anyway, which I haven't seen yet.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

nice finds, I can only imagine what these contraptions would look like. Sounds like something from an H.G. Wells Book.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

By CRT are you referring to Cathode Ray Tubes? What are we supposed to do with them? How much of a selection of cathode ray tubes do we need to get off to a faster start doing whatever it is we're supposed to be doing? Why should we do it? This is the most vague, confusing OP I've read on ATS in a long time - and there's been some real doozies lately!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

By CRT are you referring to Cathode Ray Tubes?

That was my first thought as well so I read the patent-it's not. It seems to be something akin to a solar panel but can harness a broader spectrum i.e gamma rays and so forth. Good old Tesla-The mad scientist who inspires us from beyond the grave.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Their names alone (the patents referencing Senior Tesla's) seem awesome!

"Wireless laser system for power transmission utilizing a gain medium between retroreflectors"
and
"Harmonic Energy Exchange Device"
and this one
"Directional Light Transmitter and Receiver"

Not sure what a "retroreflecor" is but I want one none the less! And these are the ones on file. How many others are not due to their black project status?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think the CRT reference is based on turning the idea around.

Tesla's idea was to harness the electrical energy from an external "ray" source, such as cosmic rays, and store that energy in a capacitor.

Of course a Cathode Ray Tube has an internal electron gun that fires its stream at the phosphorous coated surface of the screen.

So, I guess the OP is suggesting to use a CRT and capture the static off the front of the screen. I suppose one could do this by attaching an electrode of sorts, like metal window screen, to the front of the CRT and connecting that electrode to a grounded capacitor. I believe that would essentially replicate Tesla's experiment.

I guess this could be used as a quick and dirty static generator. But a better, and more efficient arrangement would be to strip the flyback transformer out of the TV and use it to generate the high voltage.

Anyone who has ever wiped off an energized TV screen with a damp cloth and gotten a static shock has replicated this one of Tesla's invention.

The cool factors here are that Tesla was working out the basics of the CRT about 20 years before it was invented. And, from the first paragraph of his patent, it appears that he may have been one of the first scientists to suggest that the impingement of high energy rays on the atmosphere causes a particle shower, rather than just creating an electrically conductive field.

-dex

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yep. It's pretty cool that those modern patents reference Tesla's inventions from a 120 years ago.

Tesla was definitely a man ahead of his time.

-dex

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The second patent is a description how to produce high frequency condensators.
In short terms, Tesla describes that excluding gas/air from the inner of a condensator is benefiting the function. So he describes a way to vacuum the condensator and then injects a liquid than soldifies when cooling down like parafin. Basically he replaces the air dielectricum with something like parafin.

He was a damn genius for the time he lived in!
edit on 23-3-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Their names alone (the patents referencing Senior Tesla's) seem awesome!

"Wireless laser system for power transmission utilizing a gain medium between retroreflectors"
and
"Harmonic Energy Exchange Device"
and this one
"Directional Light Transmitter and Receiver"

Not sure what a "retroreflecor" is but I want one none the less! And these are the ones on file. How many others are not due to their black project status?

Sure. But be aware that an idea doesn't necessarily need to work to be patented. The people who sought (and were issued) these patents may have "invented" non-workable concepts.

top topics

join