It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish President Erdogan's Prophetic Threat Against Brussels and the War of Leverage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Wading through the swamp of recent threads will reveal an unsettling demand for more security, more spying, greater police state. Emotional appeals are used to cloud rational thought and direct the public to a particular outcome. While people are distracted as such, coincidences get overlooked. Perpetrators get away with murder.
Literally.

Turkey has been negotiating entry into the EU for some time. It has been falling apart of recent. Actions are stalled and so they have turned to their singular leverage: migrants.

They have proposed an arrangement to mitigate illegal migrants flooding Greece and the Balkans: for every person Turkey takes back, Europe must take one genuine Syrian refugee, going through proper channels. It is sensible in a manner, alleviating pressure from the epicentre and distributing it across a broader area. Turkey is acting as if it is on humanitarian grounds. Now is the time to wager which country was able to see through the facade:

Charles Michel, the Belgian prime minister, accused Turkey of blackmail as leaders accepted that they needed to work with Turkey to solve the refugee crisis.

"Better no deal than a bad deal. Turkey is asking for a lot. I won't accept what at times seems like blackmail," Mr Michel said.

European countries in general cited both treatment of Kurdish forces and journalistic suppression as reasons for dismissing Turkey from EU membership; Erdogan retorted that Europe had no immaculate record themselves:

Underscoring tension with Brussels, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan accused the Europeans of supporting the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) days after a bombing in Ankara claimed by Kurdish rebels that killed 35 people.

"European countries are paying no attention, as if they are dancing in a minefield," Erdogan said in Ankara.

This all happened on the 17th March 2016. Literally the next day, Erdogan says something disconcerting in a speech:

It is worth repeating. "There is no reason why the bomb that exploded in Ankara cannot explode in Brussels, in any other European city"

Let that sink in for a minute before continuing; I know your attention spans have degenerated thanks to American entertainment politics.

His remarks came after supporters of the PKK militant group were allowed to set up protest tents outside the European Union building in Brussels, where EU-Turkey meetings on refugees were held on Thursday and Friday.

European countries are “dancing in a minefield” by directly or indirectly backing militant groups, Erdogan noted.

The Kurdistan Freedom Falcons (TAK) militant group, which is affiliated to the PKK, claimed responsibility for the car bombing in the Turkish capital on March 13 that killed 37 people.

Timeline:
March 17: Kurdish protesters allowed to set up tents outside EU-Turkey meeting
March 17: Turkey demands more concessions and immediate entry to EU agreements
March 18: Belgian PM accuses Turkey of blackmailing its way in using migrants as leverage
March 19: Erdogan says there is no reason Brussels won't be bombed by PKK
March 22: Brussels bombing

Now if you think this is too conspiratorial and "offensive" to suggest a false flag here, I would suggest your patronage would better serve another site. History sides with me here.
Back in 2014 Turkish Officials held a secret meeting - which was subsequently leaked - promoting the use of a false flag attack, blamed on Al-qaeda as a pretext for ground occupation of Syria.

There is an old Roman saying, Cui bono? Whose profit? It seems a terrorist attack would aptly cause fear of migrants, thus prompting pressure on governments to remove them, thus forcing said governments to make concessions with Turkey. Perhaps there is an added threat in showing that when Turkey doesn't get what it desires, they are willing to use proxy force.

I am surprised no one has noticed this. I make this plea because I hear so much hatred from uninformed and ignorant people - "no Syrian refugees!" "ban muslims!" all the way to extreme threats of death. There is seemingly an agenda to link Syrian refugees to these attacks, despite the fact that these terrorists - along with the attackers in France - were born in France and Belgium. Not refugees running from ISIS.

I am not sure where this connotation comes from. I can tell you from personal experience years ago, working in antiquities (my passport would make any historian jealous), Syrians were possibly the most liberal and friendly people you would ever meet. Their country was beautiful and no where felt unsafe. There were places you could mistake for North American malls. The loss of their historical sites is a loss to all of humanity.

Apologies for the digression, but it really appears to me that Turkey has fingerprints on the crime scene, yet people are all too eager to blame Syrians. It is far past time that we scrutinized our Nato "ally"...
For the record, time I have spent in Turkey was wonderful too. Many people there have rejected conservative values for the more familiar westernized approach. But I assure you their government has made things vastly different the past few years. Nationalism is on the rise. So I guess they are like us after all?

Links:
Telegraph

France24

PressTV

IBTimes

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
OP S&F for a well put together thread, I for one always appreciate threads like this that are more than two lines that i have quite obviously been researched and thought out.

If i am reading this right, and correct me if i am wrong, your suggesting that the Turkish where behind the bombing in Brussels to sway political and public opinion into a position that opposes immigrants and refugees fleeing the war zones of Syria and Iraq and thus also stopping them coming into Turkey.

You also quote the Turkish leader saying about bombs going off in Europe and Brussels, i find that very interesting because i have not seen anyone else disguising this. However I don't think it really means very much Brussels is the "capital" of Europe and for what i can gather it would make sense in the context of this speech for him to single out Brussels.

I must also give you credit for perhaps being the only member on ATS to write a thread about this that points out these attackers are not immigrants or refugees but are actually EU Nationals.

So quite a lot of very good points made in your OP, its just unfortunate that I disagree with everything you have said about this having Turkish figure prints at the crime scene. So far this attack looks very much like it is connected to the Paris attacks in November so the implication of your theory is that the November attacks were also linked to Turkey. Despite saying that i think the biggest reason i find myself unable to agree with you on this is just the lack of real proof that there is a Turkish connection other than what you have posted in your OP, its just not enough to say "yes this was/might have been Turkey".

I am not saying you are flat out wrong, there could be evidence that comes to light that points to a more direct involvement form the Turkish state I am only saying i have not seen any evidence so far that would support such a stance. Also I do not think your sources are up to much, pressTV is not the most reliable of sources.

Overall though a very good and informative OP with some food for thought.
edit on 23-3-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

Dont trust Turkey. That simple

Ever

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think the immigration was going to slow into EU. There are many terrorist inside these refuge flows any many have slipped throw. But the process was going to slow. Now with Turkey's visa free policy Turkey is going to select the finest terrorists and ship them into EU.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bojay

And they will supply a nuke or biological weapon flown in on a commercial airline. It will be found, martial law, and tada! police state Europe

Hopefully they wont set it off and it will be just for effect. Who knows anymore though. Lets see who pisses them off the most.

Wish I was a little more off.

edit on 3 23 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

And they will supply a nuke or biological weapon flown in on a comercial airline. It will be found, martial law, and tada police state Europe

Now come one, even if you accept that Turkey might have had something to do with all of this you are stretching thing quite a bit to suggest that they will put a nuke on a airliner next to bring about a police state in Europe.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have been waiting for a thread like this since the incident. ATS never fails to produce.

Thanks for sharing that information.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They will not be supplying it as much as receiving and shipping it upon request.

I am very serious.

It will be a European made weapon. It will probably be found and not used, hopefully, and it will be just for psychological effect.

Like I said, lets hope no one pisses them off too bad in the meantime.

edit on 3 23 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I must also give you credit for perhaps being the only member on ATS to write a thread about this that points out these attackers are not immigrants or refugees but are actually EU Nationals.

They are immigrants! Who giva a F if they where born in EU?? They are still muslims from immigrant muslim parents.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bojay

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They are immigrants! Who giva a F if they where born in EU?? They are still muslims from immigrant muslim parents.

So.... according to you all immigrants are Muslims??

PS: i wrote a thread recently about how i am pissed off with right wing ignorance on this site. I think this members post makes my point.
How does your view of the world stand up to families who have been settled in Europe for over a hundred years or people who convert to Islam.

I will tell you how, it doesn't.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yea i think the goal is Martial Law and minimum wage

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Great thread OP - interesting scenario/theory, would love to see more evidence for it but for now it certainly could be plausible.

Following this thread - thanks for sharing
*gets out popcorn

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Dear member, I am concerned that you may have suffered a severe head injury whilst writing this post. If so, please seek immediate medical attention.

If not, I should like to point out that the very definition of 'immigrant' is an individual who comes to live permanently in a foreign country. One is not an immigrant to their country of birth. Immigration is not a trait that is passed down genetically.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

funny you would ask! No not all immigrants all muslims but when a survey was done in Sweden it showed almost 90% of the refuges are muslims! Now why is that?? When we know that its the minorities that are persecuted!
And just for your sake i'am not right wing! I'am also an immigrant from balkans but the agenda is way to obvious!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

wow you are a smart head my friend!! Must be proud of the triple collage degrees you got. You are talking about word formulates why we grown ups talk real shiiiii

Now go back to your dog house and get another degree....i eat people like you for breakfast!!

Why don't you discus the matter in fact instead of jumping on me personally

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

....i eat people like you for breakfast!!

Cannibalism!

The best way to win every argument.....

Now seriously this is actually a very interesting thread lets not have it derailed on the first page and lets stick to disguising the possibility of a Turkish involvement.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

call it what you want you know what i mean

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Yes indeed, I quite agree with you on all points, including Iranian media being biased against Turkey. Keep in mind that having fingerprints at the crime scene does not make one the killer, but a possible accomplice.

The timing of Erdogan's threat is uncanny, the fact that PKK protesters were there is suspicious. It makes for the perfect moment to cause a ruckus and blame those convenient. Erdogan had a speech that Europe had better stop playing with matches or else it would understand the burn of terrorism. The implication therein, I figure, that if Europe supports the PKK, Turkey will act in kind supporting terrorist elements in Europe.

Add this to what I have written on leverage, and it seems like Turkey is throwing its weight around politically.

Then consider that gunshots were heard, likewise in the France attacks. How is it that automatic firearms and explosives are so easily shipped undetected for terrorists, yet I cant sneak nail clippers onto a plane? I dont believe one can circumvent the most advanced security measures in the world without help from some large government entity (whichever it may be).

I just think Turkey had the most to gain from this event.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You really have got me thinking about this now.....

I might not agree that Turkey are directly involved but I bet they take full advantage of this

Then consider that gunshots were heard, likewise in the France attacks. How is it that automatic firearms and explosives are so easily shipped undetected for terrorists, yet I cant sneak nail clippers onto a plane?

Sadly its probably easier than you would think especially with such open boarders and explosives can be easily made.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The typed note, found next to 15kg of homemade explosives, an AK-47 and an ISIS flag, said: 'I don't know what to do. I'm in a hurry. I'm on the run. People are looking for me everywhere. And if I give myself up then I'll end up in a cell.

Source< br />
This is a detectives paradise.

I'm going with the OP. False flag.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join