It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Brussels Bomber Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
www.bbc.com...

Not many details at the time I'm posting this, and for know I find it curious the headline says he was "arrested" ...the quotation marks are used for emphasis in the headline by BBC. Not sure what that means yet.

While they say that Belgian media is reporting the update, BBC also says :

There has been no official confirmation of the latest arrest or the identity of any of the attackers.

He was arrested in Anderlecht which is only 27km (about 17 miles) from the Brussels airport.
edit on 23-3-2016 by BarefootInWinter because: Corrected

Added www.express.co.uk...

He was apparently a suspect in the Paris attacks under a different name
edit on 23-3-2016 by BarefootInWinter because: Added second link

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

edit on 3 23 2016 by burgerbuddy because: nm

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Just gonna re-post myself, because seriously... what are the chances
"
They found the location of Abdeslam because someone ordered a large amount of pizza's at Abdeslam's home ( where his mother lives ) Because she was being watched they found out.

They recently told us; that they found a fingerprint of abdeslam on a single box of pizza in one of the raided apartments.

Now get this: Local media reported the 3rd suspect ( they one from yesterday ) has been detained because..... He was at a pizzeria.
Since when do Muslims love so much pizza? "

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbeer
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Just gonna re-post myself, because seriously... what are the chances
"
They found the location of Abdeslam because someone ordered a large amount of pizza's at Abdeslam's home ( where his mother lives ) Because she was being watched they found out.

They recently told us; that they found a fingerprint of abdeslam on a single box of pizza in one of the raided apartments.

Now get this: Local media reported the 3rd suspect ( they one from yesterday ) has been detained because..... He was at a pizzeria.
Since when do Muslims love so much pizza? "

If true, all this is... brilliant.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbeer

Maybe you guys just have awesome pizza in Belgium.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
www.express.co.uk...

He was apparently a suspect in the Paris attacks under a different name...which makes me wonder why they didn't suspect it could have been him in the first place...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I used to travel across the US opening Papa Johns stores. I can tell you that Muslims and Indians love pizza. Well Americans do too. I've had many arguments with Muslims and Indians that did not believe me that pepperoni contains beef and pork, they would usually order the pepperoni anyway.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
So, the terrorists were all Belgian citizens that were known suspects involved in these acts for years.

Apparently, if authorities had been a little faster or a little luckier last week, they would have caught these guys red-handed and these attacks would not have happened.

I guess shutting down Muslim air travel and/or building walls would have been pointless as deterrents.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
And who can forget ISIS threatening to throw people off the Tower of "Pizza" in Italy! Lol

www.independent.co.uk... .html

The plot thickens!

EDIT sorry for all the people who lost their lives yesterday or were injured in this evil attack. Love and thoughts to loved ones affected by any loss. Dont want to look like joking about such a terrible atrocity bit it is the British way to find humour even in the most dark times. One thing that cant be taken away no matter how the terrorists try our freedoms and love of life and fellow citizens!
edit on 23-3-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

www.express.co.uk...

Actually...from that article, it seems as though all 3 of the Brussels attackers should have been in prison right now.

In 2010, one got 9 years for shooting at Belgian police during a robbery.

One got 5 years in 2011 for another crime.

I guess one got out early and one had his sentence suspended.

The one that did not die has been on the run for 3 years...he was sentenced to 15 years for ISIS recruiting.

So I guess in Belgium, you get sentenced and let go instead of directly to prison? Did he escape custody or am I missing something?

All three of these guys should have been in prison yesterday. In fact, the one alive right now made the Paris bombs while he should have been in jail.

Sure, plenty of others could have been in their places, but this seems like a whoooooooole lot of terrible law enforcement going on.

The taxi driver said they tried to bring more luggage but he said no due to no room in the car...so there are already made bombs somewhere because they already raided the place they were. No mention of finding extra bombs.

So who has the rest of the bombs and where are they hiding?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Chemicals found as well in flat raided so thank God taxi driver couldnt take more luggage maybe there could have been chemicals and then I dread to think!a reply to: BarefootInWinter

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Chemicals found as well in flat raided…

Hopefully we get some linkage for that, with pics.

Edit:

Najim Laachraoui has today been identified as the third Brussels Airport bomber who failed to detonate his device.

But earlier in the article, they say he is 'suspected' of being third person… the Pizza connection aside, how they manage that in a few paragraphs is good BBC forensics.

The pic in the Express article is a neat composite, too. See, heres a pic of him and the airport damage and an ISIS flag all in one frame. In case you miss the connection they are providing for everyone…
edit on 23-3-2016 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BarefootInWinter
a reply to: Gryphon66

The taxi driver said they tried to bring more luggage but he said no due to no room in the car...so there are already made bombs somewhere because they already raided the place they were. No mention of finding extra bombs.

So who has the rest of the bombs and where are they hiding?

We have yet another stupid terrorist then?

You would think they were aware of how much they could get in a taxi surely?

And if there were more bombs why not take 2 taxi's?

If I was going on holiday I would know how much you can get in the boot of a car and would rather take separate taxi's than leave half my luggage behind.

This smells fishy to me.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Funny how every single one of these douches was prior known to the police. Charlie Hebdo,Paris,Brussels..every single one of them was living in a ghetto, had a criminal record or was linked to some kind of radicalization. Now I'm not a genius or anything but it seems to me that social status and terrorism go hand in hand in most of the cases.
if the police are afraid of going in those ghettos then send in the military,remove the bad apples by deporting them so other people can live together in peace.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Do you believe this isnt ISIS inspired?a reply to: intrptr

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Do you believe this isnt ISIS inspired?a reply to: intrptr

I don't believe what my government tells me through the main stream media, at all.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Talking points on TV this morning include that often we get "intel", and people are on watch lists, but it breaks down because they don't seem to know what to do with the intel.

I guess they can't act because of the ways our laws are set up, but then acting on insufficient information is also dangerous, so it's rock/hard place.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Where I work it has a large Muslim population in the surrounding area, the amount of halal pizza / shawarama shops open at odd hours of the week is pretty high... it's wierd. Make good pizza tho!

top topics

join