It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noticed it yet? Israel has not being targeted by ISIS or Other Terrorists

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Can you provide us a single example (thread) where you decide to stood up in order to shout that the Israelis actions were unacceptable ?
Would you dare to consider that it's up to Israel at the moment to enforce what you consider to be illegitimate Israelis settlements ... Kind of conflicting situation isn't it ?

Reflections on Israel 2016

Present day Israel has discarded the rational, the universal and the visionary. These values have been subordinated to a cruel and oppressive occupation, an emphatic materialism, severe inequalities rivaling the worst in the western world and distorted by a fanatic, obscurantist and fundamentalist religion which encourages the worst behaviors rather than the best.

And most depressing of all for me, is that I see no way out, no way forward which will reverse the current reality. Right wing control in Israel is stronger and more entrenched than ever. The establishment leadership in the American Jewish community is silent in the face of this dismal situation, and there are no recognizable trends that can move Israel out of this quagmire. So, sadly, after a life and career devoted to Jewish community and Israel, I conclude that in every important way Israel has failed to realize its promise for me. A noble experiment, but a failure.

David Gordis has served as vice-president of the Jewish Theological Seminary of America and of the University of Judaism in Los Angeles (now American Jewish University). He also served as Executive Vice President of the American Jewish Committee and was the founding director of the Foundation for Masorti Judaism in Israel. He founded and directed the Wilstein Institute for Jewish Policy Studies which became the National Center for Jewish Policy Studies.

edit on 26-3-2016 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Added text

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

I agree that my views opposes the current Zionist ideal but, what is harmful for Israel in this suggestion as of you :

In summary :
Two state solution, borders of 1967, no proclamation of the 'Jewish state' which I view as a way to enforce judaic-theocracy in Israel.

I don't know what your views are and I wasn't making some grand statement about them. For all I know you could be trolling, but I've got no choice but to engage with you at face value if I'm to engage at all. I suspect your reading comprehension is good enough that you quite clearly understand I was pointing out that your words are anti-Semitic and do much to undermine people who would otherwise be critical of Israel. Frankly, I wish people like you would not associate themselves with the subject in the first place. It would be better to leave such sensitive criticisms to calm, sober-minded, reflective people who do not conflate criticism of a state with casting aspersions on an entire people.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
Noticed it yet? Israel has not being targeted by ISIS or Other Terrorist

Canada, America, Europe, Syria, Lebanon we all had being targeted but not once had Israel ever being targeted since the Arab Spring had started and why?

Israel acknowledges it is helping Syrian rebel fighters

The Israeli forces had being treating rebels from Syria. Which had being ISIS fighters and other terrorists.

Either way not once had Israel being targeted nor surprisingly is Israel among the targeted list on the terrorist target list.

For your information the entire western cabal has been helping the rebels in Syria. In fact, it's mainly the US and our regional allies: Qatar, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol
a reply to: TaleDawn

Yes, really.

Dude's job is speak #, I am talking military wise.

edit to add: Assad isn't exactly in control of ISIS just in case. Title thread?

And: economically, culturally, socially... Here in Europe all the # jobs are done by Arabic speaking folks mostly (some Africans too).

Um, Israel attacked a number of targets in Syria over the past few years. You know, militarily?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Only Full Disclosure will expose the actual reality of what is behind all that. Who's all really down with who and why, and for how long. And from where...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

This thread is not about me. The title suggests that there have been no terror attacks against Israel. This is patently untrue. Little children are being trained to attack Israeli civilians with knives. Teaching a child to kill strangers is not justifiable for any reason. Can you at least agree to that much?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I can't believe how many ignorant people gave you a star for your completely dishonest post. You still haven't addressed my earlier post requesting you to deny ignorance and do some research. I have to believe, after this, that you're a troll.

I'm anti-zionism, but I prefer truth to lies. Are you going to address the lies you've told or remain a liar? If you made a mistake just admit it. There is no shame in being wrong. The choices are remain a liar or admit to being wrong. Silence says as much as posting in this case.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

American statements :

Russian journalism :

How Western media largely ignored State Dept-Google-Al Jazeera plot against Assad

They both agree as it seems, .... worth mentioning.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

In the name of what but your own self-sufficiency do you feel entitled to apply an antisemite label on anyone's forehead ?
A minimal amount of intellectual honesty would have pushed you to provide a reply to the previously asked question :

Then I will have to ask you as well, given that you read the thread over, if you consider that the point of view of Wisvol is acceptable.

In the same way, you spat your hollowing sounding rhetoric at my face without providing a clear statement about why, as of you, theses proposals I advocate for the best of Israel itself are worth being called antisemite :

In summary :
Two state solution, borders of 1967, no proclamation of the 'Jewish state' which I view as a way to enforce judaic-theocracy in Israel.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Can you provide us a single example (thread) where you decide to stood up in order to shout that the Israelis actions were unacceptable ?

This thread is not about you ?
Then it shouldn't be about me either.
Why don't you openly assume your ambition to bring your eternal support to 'ethnic proselytism' ?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

n the same way, you spat your hollowing sounding rhetoric at my face without providing a clear statement about why, as of you, theses proposals I advocate for the best of Israel itself are worth being called antisemite :

In summary :

It would be nice if Israel were to honor its original borders. It would also be nice if its neighbors honored and recognized them as well. As for calling itself a "Jewish state," why does that immediately imply a theocracy to you? There are numerous states that call themselves "Islamic" while being secular in practice. In fact, your beloved Syria is officially called "The Syrian Arabic Republic." Does this mean that it is an ethnic dictatorship? It seems that what troubles you is that it is a "Jewish" rather than "Arab" state. Why shouldn't the Jewish people and the Arab people both have their own states?

You continually make Anti-Semitic statements. I am not the only one who has pointed that out, on this and other threads. This thread is not about you, either, but if you refuse to reflect on why your statements are Anti-Semitic, it becomes clear that these express your deeply held beliefs. Blaming the persecution of the Jews on the Jews themselves is the ultimate Anti-Semitic rationalization. You do it time and again. It implies that you believe the Blood Libel, and probably think the Protocols are a real document.

It is significant that you accuse others of "Russophobia" simply because they reject the actions of the current Russian government. It is a projection of your own irrational hatred. You can't seem to differentiate between ethnic identity and national government; a dislike of the Russian government equates to hatred of the Russian people, therefore a dislike of the Israeli government equates to a hatred of the Jewish people. You have it backwards of course. It is your hatred of the Jewish people that results in your rejection of the Israeli government.

I should not have to keep repeating myself: Both the State of Israel and the State of Palestine have a legal right to exist, and to determine the form their society will have, politically and economically. Historically, Israel has called itself a "Jewish state" while being secular in practice. Under the pressure of terrorism, it has moved to the right, as all terrorized nations, including your own, tend to do. Personally, I do not approve of "security states," whether in Russia, Israel, Syria or the United States of America. If the leadership of the Palestinian people had concentrated on building their own nation instead of dedicating itself to the destruction, through terrorism, of Israel, the Eastern Mediterranean could have been a flourishing free trade zone by now instead of a morass of bloody strife.

The title of this thread is a lie, and the implication just the latest version of the Blood Libel. In the Middle Ages, if people got sick from drinking water, it can only be because the Jews poisoned the well. Nowadays, if there is conflict between Islamic factions, it can only be because the Jews have started it. That is Anti-Semitic BS, and anyone who believes that without cold, hard proof, is likely to be an Anti-Semite.
edit on 27-3-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Re-posting the same out of context copypasta does not make your opinions true. Can you understand why that sort of behavior makes you look obsessive? I may be self-righteous, but at least I express myself creatively each time.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Re-posting the same out of context copypasta does not make your opinions true.

Well in his world it does.

It amazes me that when it comes to actual proof it comes in the same regurgitated BS that has been shown to be wrong...but that's okay because as long as your anti west anything is the truth, whether it's credible or not.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It's not my fault if the mandatory amount of hypocrisy necessary to stand your point of view forces me to post over and over again the points you just don't want to consider.
The fact you can't make the difference between opposing Zionism and the Jews at large is symptomatic as well but here, I agree that you fell in the same trap as most people including most Jewish people themselves : the inability to make the difference between Israel, the Israelis, the Zionists and the Jews.

Remember :

Right wing control in Israel is stronger and more entrenched than ever. The establishment leadership in the American Jewish community is silent in the face of this dismal situation, and there are no recognizable trends that can move Israel out of this quagmire.

Do you claim higher credentials on Judaism that the author of theses lines ?
Do you consider your knowledge of Israel is more refined ?
On which basis ?

So you, unlike me, you don't oppose Jewish state proposal.

originally posted by: wisvol

So you fancy Jewish theocracy ?

Sure beats democracy

Suffice to say.

I do oppose ethnic proselytism.
And all you can do about it is still shout 'Antisemite' like the this guy (I have to bring for the 4th time) explained :

"Any criticism on the policies of Israel is hampered and made impossible by a terrible trick and crime of Israeli propaganda, that any criticism of Israel is induced by Antisemitic feelings"

Unless you prove that your credentials are more relevant than those of a holocaust survivor or, that you manage to answer the following question (asked for third time) :

You are simply disqualified to ever dare to apply an Antisemite label on anybody including me.

edit on 27-3-2016 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Want some new stuff ?
Put this one into perspective with the statement of the pentagon spokesperson, who said he'd rather see ISIS than Assad controlling Palmyra ...

Palmyra achievement proves army strategy more effective than US-led coalition efforts

Damascus, SANA – President Bashar al-Assad received on Sunday the visiting French delegation that includes parliamentarians, intellectuals, researchers and journalists.

The President said the delegation’s visit coincides with the army taking control of the ancient city of Palmyra, which was announced earlier today.

In a statement to SANA, member of the Parliamentary Committee on the Foreign Affairs at the National Assembly who heads the delegation Thierry Mariani said: “It is the second time I meet President Bashar al-Assad. In this visit, I sensed a complete about-face in the atmosphere due to the Russian participation and the successes of the Syrian army,” indicating that the defeat of ISIS and Jabhat al-Nusra is only a “matter of time.”

During his meeting with a French delegation on November 14, the President blamed the wrong policies of the Western countries, especially France, for contributing to the spread of terrorism.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Congratulations! It's about time Assad took on ISIS instead of his fellow Syrians.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The fact you can't make the difference between opposing Zionism and the Jews at large is symptomatic as well but here, I agree that you fell in the same trap as most people including most Jewish people themselves : the inability to make the difference between Israel, the Israelis, the Zionists and the Jews.

I am not the one who cannot make the distinction, you are. Note how careful I am when discussing international affairs, I always distinguish between Russia and the Russian government, Turkey and Erdogan, and so forth. When you criticize Israel, it is not based on specific policies. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you do not seem to believe that Israel is a legitimate state, and that Zionism is responsible for the world's evils.

Let's look at the what the Jewish-American scholar you have been quoting actually says. Emphasis will be mine for instructional purposes and edits made for brevity:

... AIPAC’s support of the right wing in Israel and its alliance with the right wing in the United States is more palpable than ever.

[Edit --DJW001]

The bottom line as I see it: The right has triumphed; the left has been defeated.

[Edit DJW001]

...Jews had returned to the stage of history after the devastation of the Holocaust. Israel was to be the great laboratory for the rebirth of an ancient tradition in a new land and in a country committed to being a model of democracy and freedom for the world.

[Edit.--DJW001]

On the positive side, Israel’s accomplishments have been remarkable. Israel has created a thriving economy, and has been a refuge for hundreds of thousands of the displaced and the needy. Israel has generated a rich and diverse cultural life and its scientific and educational achievements have been exemplary. In spite of these achievements, however, Israel in my view has gone astray. And it in in the area for which Israel was created, as a Jewish state, embodying and enhancing Jewish values that I see this failure. Throughout history, at its best, Jewish life and thought have successfully navigated between three pairs of values that are in tension with one another. First, the Jewish experience has balanced the rational with the affective, the assertion with the question, where often the question emerges as the more important. Second, it has embraced both particularism with universalism, probing Jewish interiorities but looking out to the larger world, recognizing the common humanity of all people. Third, it has shaped positions which looked to the past for sources and inspiration but at the same time projected a vision for a world transformed in the future into something better than its current reality.

Present day Israel has discarded the rational, the universal and the visionary. These values have been subordinated to a cruel and oppressive occupation, an emphatic materialism, severe inequalities rivaling the worst in the western world and distorted by a fanatic, obscurantist and fundamentalist religion which encourages the worst behaviors rather than the best.

And most depressing of all for me, is that I see no way out, no way forward which will reverse the current reality. Right wing control in Israel is stronger and more entrenched than ever. The establishment leadership in the American Jewish community is silent in the face of this dismal situation, and there are no recognizable trends that can move Israel out of this quagmire. So, sadly, after a life and career devoted to Jewish community and Israel, I conclude that in every important way Israel has failed to realize its promise for me. A noble experiment, but a failure.

Your source.

Does this sound familiar?It is almost exactly what I keep saying. The problem is not Israel, the problem is not that Israel considers itself to be a Jewish state, the problem is not with Zionism, and the problem certainly isn't that Israel is full of Jews instead of Arabs. The problem is that Palestinian terror has made the Israeli population fearful, and willing to sacrifice their ideals in the hope of securing safety. Most Jews living outside of Israel do not support the Likud government or the religious maniacs who want to rebuild the Temple. On the other hand, the religious right in the United States does. After all, there has to be a Kingdom of Israel for Jesus to rule over when he comes back, right?

At the risk of bringing this off topic again, please explain why you think that opposing a Jewish homeland where Jews can take refuge from persecution, ie, being Anti-Zionist, is not Anti-Semitic. What fine distinction do you put on it? Also, how can you rationalize blaming Jews for their persecution? Isn't that like blaming Africans for being enslaved by King Leopold?

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Congratulations! It's about time Assad took on ISIS instead of his fellow Syrians.

Why did ISIS advanced under US-coalition raids and got defeated after Russian ones ?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join