It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona; Cochise County polling stations disapeared

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Maricopa County is the most populous county in Arizona. You found your normal polling places were closed and no signs directing you "VOTE HERE" instead this direction?

Things change.

Are you saying you never received any official notification?

Or did you just not read it?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: vethumanbeing

FACTS.From the site I gave you. Were any listed not open?

Only one listed as open; the Benson High School and it was not open for polling when I drove by. I imagined (wild dreaming) it might have been a lunch time conflict.

So, you drove by, but didn't go in.

I had just visited many doors locked; no signs "Vote Here" the School parking lot was empty. I went to the SuperWalmart four or so blocks away to ask "Where Can I Vote" of staff and customers alike answer; "NO IDEA" was the answer.

Did you go to the gov website?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
My example where our former polling places were closed was from the last local election, and I gave it because in the current presidential preference elections, we saw similar issues with people standing in line for hours.

Regarding our local elections, we were pretty upset to find out about the surprise switcheroo that we are now supposed to mail in our votes, too. I have always felt like my vote counts once I drop it in the box. I have always voted in person, ever since I reached the age to vote.

Like you, I do not understnd how an entire city can be switched to suddenly require we vote by mail. My husband and I are waiting to see what that means in the general election, but I have a feeling the days of casting our ballot at the local elementary school are over.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
On the website for Cochise County

Voter PRECINCTS are no longer in use – Registered Voters can go to any VOTE CENTER in the County to cast their ballot on Election day

www.cochise.az.gov...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Hi Annee,

In my case, in the references I have given, my last local election, as well as last week's presidential preference election, here, I can tell you that yes, I did go to the government website. Maricopa county's election site, to be exact. I knew to go there because I used to work for the county. They waited until about a week out to post the sixty polling sites for the presidential preference election, and I was frustrated because I had been keeping an eye out for several weeks based on our last experience.

Gwynn

edit on 26-0320163-1616 by gwynnhwyfar because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Did you go to the government site and find the locations and times they said were available?
voter.azsos.gov...
Yes or No.I want to know if one of the polling places listed on the government site - - was not open.

Yes; I looked at the site (THANK YOU for the heads up; this site may help others in their vision quest to find actual polling locations OPEN). According to the information found here the Benson High School Gymnasium was the polling area. No; did not see any activity here AT ALL related to VOTE HERE! "Your last chance to save America!" (nor girl scout cookie sale shenanigans).Empty sad parking lot. Any other questions Counselor? You will be my attorney of choice in future.

edit on 26-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

On the website for Cochise County
Voter PRECINCTS are no longer in use – Registered Voters can go to any VOTE CENTER in the County to cast their ballot on Election day
www.cochise.az.gov...

I will look this up for the General election; it would be helpful if there actually existed before hand a "VOTE CENTER" in my county of Cochise (I might have to create it; is there enough time). You have been a source of very good information for all listening.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar
a reply to: Annee
Hi Annee,
In my case, in the references I have given, my last local election, as well as last week's presidential preference election, here, I can tell you that yes, I did go to the government website. Maricopa county's election site, to be exact. I knew to go there because I used to work for the county. They waited until about a week out to post the sixty polling sites for the presidential preference election, and I was frustrated because I had been keeping an eye out for several weeks based on our last experience.Gwynn

You experienced the switcheroo double trouble as well (last minute pulling/cancelling of known polling locations and new ones? OR NOT created). At least you did not have to go through blisters on your hands turning door nobbs locked or bloodied knuckles knocking. What do you suppose this is all about (thwarting ones "reasonable" ability to vote).

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gwynnhwyfar

Maricopa flat out states they screwed up.

edit on 26-3-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar
My example where our former polling places were closed was from the last local election, and I gave it because in the current presidential preference elections, we saw similar issues with people standing in line for hours.

Regarding our local elections, we were pretty upset to find out about the surprise switcheroo that we are now supposed to mail in our votes, too. I have always felt like my vote counts once I drop it in the box. I have always voted in person, ever since I reached the age to vote.

Like you, I do not understand how an entire city can be switched to suddenly require we vote by mail. My husband and I are waiting to see what that means in the general election, but I have a feeling the days of casting our ballot at the local elementary school are over.

I do not understand why I never received a ballot form to vote early (my mother did) and probably voted for someone that tapped out 2 months ago (oblivion vote). I feel your frustration. Why/how can an entire district decide their constituents/taxpayers don't need to vote all all; deny that privilege and think they can get away with it ("we forgot it was an election day" is no excuse).

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Maricopa flat out states they screwed up. That is on their web page.

Any details?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I think you have to sign up online an request an early ballot.

I did that a couple years ago.

AZ does not have online voting. Instead you sign up, they mail it to you (maybe you can print from online), but you still have to mail it in or take it to a voting place.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Maricopa flat out states they screwed up. That is on their web page.

Any details?

I'm not very good doing this on my phone, but this is from AZCENTRAL news:

“We certainly made bad decisions, and having only 60 polling places, didn’t anticipate there would be that many people going to the polling places,” she said. “We were obviously wrong — that’s my fault.

www.azcentral.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Annee: Maricopa flat out states they screwed up. That is on their web page.

vhb: Any details?

Annee: I'm not very good doing this on my phone, but this is from AZCENTRAL news:
“We certainly made bad decisions, and having only 60 polling places, didn’t anticipate there would be that many people going to the polling places,” she said. “We were obviously wrong — that’s my fault. www.azcentral.com...

Red Queen would say "Off with her head!". Someone should be fired over that gaffe (lacking foresight).

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Do you read your local newspaper?

You know, the neighborhood throw away kind?

Most places have one.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Annee: Maricopa flat out states they screwed up. That is on their web page.

vhb: Any details?

Annee: I'm not very good doing this on my phone, but this is from AZCENTRAL news:
“We certainly made bad decisions, and having only 60 polling places, didn’t anticipate there would be that many people going to the polling places,” she said. “We were obviously wrong — that’s my fault. www.azcentral.com...

Red Queen would say "Off with her head!". Someone should be fired over that gaffe (lacking foresight).

Heads may roll.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Do you read your local newspaper? You know, the neighborhood throw away kind?
Most places have one.

I thought they were for lining bird cages (news print paper is sterile and safe for avian species to defile) or wrapping take out fish and chips. I may have missed the point of your question. Perhaps they all are supposed to be thrown away at some point (unless one is a hoarder) or needs them to insulate the walls of ones shack.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Do you read your local newspaper? You know, the neighborhood throw away kind?
Most places have one.

I thought they were for lining bird cages (news print paper is sterile and safe for avian species to defile) or wrapping take out fish and chips. I may have missed the point of your question. Perhaps they all are supposed to be thrown away at some point (unless one is a hoarder) or needs them to insulate the walls of ones shack.

They usually have local information.

They would probably have voting info and changes in voting info.

Perhaps you should glance through it before making it a bird diaper.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Annee: Do you read your local newspaper? You know, the neighborhood throw away kind?
Most places have one.

vhb: I thought they were for lining bird cages (news print paper is sterile and safe for avian species to defile) or wrapping take out fish and chips. I may have missed the point of your question. Perhaps they all are supposed to be thrown away at some point (unless one is a hoarder) or needs them to insulate the walls of ones shack.

Annee: They usually have local information. They would probably have voting info and changes in voting info.
Perhaps you should glance through it before making it a bird diaper.

Looked through the local paper "The San Pedro Valley News" and there was nothing about polling stations; looked through The Tucson paper "Arizona Daily Star" and NOTHING there as well. Twilight Zone Timing was perfect. You would think this (at least) to be front page news: TODAY IS THE DAY! Get out there and vote/NOPE. There was the other strangeness, no yard signs promoting candidates, no signs with arrows on the major streets "VOTE HERE THIS WAY"; a very unusual Election Day.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
anyone want to take a bet that voters across the country will still have to wait hours and hours...especially in minority districts.....there are 31 republican state governors out of 50, so....which districts or precincts around those 31 individual states, do you think will have the most machines, in the most convenient places. will it be the ones with white conservative voters or liberal minority voters?......

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join