It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans to Obama: Shut Up, Nobody Cares

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Fact remains ... there are still stronger numbers for things he's not concerned about. In other words, MORE people would like him to deal with things he isn't dealing with. Of course, democrats put more value on what he's addressing, so if they are the only people he cares about, than just admit that and we can move on.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: Teikiatsu

(Sigh)
Once again, for those who are hard of hearing or immune to facts, TARP was rammed through by the BUSH administration. The programme that dealt with the CDO mess was put together by Hank Paulson, Bush's treasury secretary. You want to shout at someone over the debt, shout at him. By the way, that debt has been steadily coming down under Obama.
It's getting depressing, having to point out basic damn facts again and again.

Sigh. Yes. We. Know.

And the bailouts were rammed through by Obama. And the Stimulus. And the Omnibus.

I blame both admins for the problem, but Obama and the Democrats have the lion's share.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3
Obama cant hear you in his "Safe Space"

You win.....the thread

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The rest of the world to America:

"Grow up and start acting like rational Humans, rather than fanatical cheerleaders".

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The Public changes their goals annually, with more or less emphasis on a policy. Policy Makers and Presidents on the other hand, don't wake up each morning to see what the day's trend is - making policy takes months if not years to develop and get through the system.

The research says that Global Warming/Climate Change has gone UP 10 points in public concern from 2014-2015. Defending the country from terrorism remains a very high priority.

GUN VIOLENCE VS TERRORISM IN AMERICA
Incidentally...Obama asked reporters to see how many deaths of Americans had occurred from gun violence compared to terrorism...

Citing the Center for Disease Control, CNN places the total number of deaths–homicide, suicide, and accidental–caused by firearms within the United States from 2004 through 2013 (the most recent available year of CDC data) at 316,545.

NBC, using the same CDC data, but starting their count in 2001, determined that 153,144 of those deaths were the result of homicide.

By comparison, CNN tallied the number of deaths from acts of domestic terrorism in that same time period and came to just 36 (the full list of which acts the network counted to reach that number is available on their site).

Adding acts of international terrorism doesn’t do much to change the gulf between the two statistics. Using data from the U.S. State Department, CNN reports that 277 Americans were killed from acts of terrorism outside the United States.

These are facts. Does it make sense that Obama should have NO focus on guns AT ALL? It may not be popular in the consciousness of Americans to do that as a whole, especially with 2nd Amendment rights and fears of them being revoked, but it is very rational to take a look at what CAN be done to lower gun violence while protecting our 2nd Amendment rights.

ONE TOP CONCERN OF AMERICAN'S - TERRORISM
People are afraid of terrorism. That's the point of terrorism - to make us afraid. So yes, people want that addressed by our government! Makes sense! The article in the OP makes it sound like Obama has done NOTHING to deal with this, and is somehow neglecting his duty to our country and our concerns. Is that objectively true?

Here is an interesting article for those who think this isn't a constant issue on the President's agenda:
How many terrorists has President Obama actually 'taken out?' Probably over 30,000.

As to R v D differences? I'm stating the research, not making that up. That you don't care about it is fine - but that doesn't change PEW's research on the divide.

- AB
edit on 23-3-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Annee
Even if you didnt read the articles , you did read the one title , right ? Quinnipiac University , Quinnipiac University Connecticut ?
Just dang.....
Game over , and you are all out of tokens.....

How do you think I know it's a public opinion poll? I researched the university and how they do things.

I prefer the ranked presidents list where they are ranked by how they affect America as a whole.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
And before this goes beyond 2 pages...

Oh look, another "I hate Obama" thread. Lets see how many right wingers it collects like insects to fly paper...I'm guessing like any other one of these numerous threads it'll be of little substance, simple "I hate Obama too!" statements and peter out after a few pages.

And we can always count on you to show up to defend this poor excuse of a POTUS.

Yes this poor excuse that was able to keep a majority of his promises made while running despite the GOP doing everything they could to block him. Obama looks black and is a Democrat so that's two strikes against him to the knuckle-dragging right wingers.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It appears that Obama's true legacy will be that he spent his time in office working to 'fix' things that Americans don't care about...namely changing gun policy, addressing climate issues and global trade deals. He literally does nothing to address the problems that Americans actually care about like the economy and illegal immigration.

You could argue quite cogently that gun policy requires changing when more Americans are killed by guns than terrorism, Trade Deals are related to the economy and addressing climate issues are related to illegal immigration, but really, all you've stated is that Americans are short-sighted and selfish.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Is Obama a "bad" president? Not really. Ineffective? Certainly. Part of the crony culture? Positively. Prone to dictatorial endeavors? You betcha.

But he is not the "worst", or even really close. You have to remember: Pierce, Buchanan, and Harding were also past presidents. And it can't really get much worse than any of those 3 anymore (with the way things are operated).

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

By "GOP Obstruction", you mean "GOP standing up for party values, beliefs, etc, and basically opposing the ideals put forward by Obama".

The obstructionism line is bs put forward by every party when the other party opposes them. Give it a rest.

Why can't you address the OP? Pew research is some of the most well-respected. To say they're bias is a stretch. The OP could be bias. The source could be. But Pew isn't.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Why?

Because you can't have your own opinion? Do you need some over-educated, pseduo-intellectual to validate what you think?

The best answer we got on this whole thread was Obama's biggest accomplishment will be that he was half-black. The guy is a clown and a terrible President. I don't need to wait for some pompous scholar to figure that out for me.

Dooooooood, that alone was worth the price of admission...

ATS needs a section just for posts such as that one.

Some thing like "Top post of the day" or "Top 10 posts of the week"...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Things perhaps YOU don't care about....

That doesn't mean no one else care about it...

The point was not personal. PEW Research canvassed quite a few people to come up with that list. So you could really reverse your post. YOU care about some stuff few OTHER people care about.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

The rest of the world to America:

"Grow up and start acting like rational Humans, rather than fanatical cheerleaders".

America to the rest of the World:

We are the people who didn't fit in with you, so why on earth do you think we suddenly want to fit in and be like you now?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

No, you really can't argue that cogently. Did you know that drug induced deaths are higher than firearm related deaths, but according to many of the same people who want to make guns illegal to reduce firearm deaths, teh answer to reducing drug induced deaths is to legalize them. What a massive contradiction!

Yes, see making drugs legal and safe will reduce their rate of death, but the only answer to reducing firearms deaths is to attempt to outlaw them.

Sometimes, I wonder how you can be a leftist with all contradictions in thought it requires.

Trade deals relate to the economy in a negative manner, not a positive one.

And climate change and illegal immigration are about as linked as pirates and climate change.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

a reply to: madmac5150

Funny thing about history...no one can really predict how he'll be remembered.

If I had to wager, him being the first black POTUS will probably outshine all of the things you mentioned, and the GOP obstruction will also be remembered far more than anything negative you mentioned.

Well you do have Democrat/left wing control of media and universities to help you.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

geez, tell us what you really think, you're so neutral and balanced with your fact-based and well-researched information.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Oh look, another "I hate Obama" thread. Lets see how many right wingers it collects like insects to fly paper...I'm guessing like any other one of these numerous threads it'll be of little substance, simple "I hate Obama too!" statements and peter out after a few pages.

And we can always count on you to show up to defend this poor excuse of a POTUS.

Yes this poor excuse that was able to keep a majority of his promises made while running despite the GOP doing everything they could to block him.

Considering those ideas are/were terrible... yes. But you know, pen and phone. Who needs a Constitution?

Obama looks black and is a Democrat so that's two strikes against him to the knuckle-dragging right wingers.

This statement is ignorant, biased, and wrong. In contributes nothing to the discussion. It is insulting to a large group of ATS'rs. It conveys a lack of actual analysis and critical thinking, deferring instead to emotion and irrationality.
edit on 23-3-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Funny thing about history...no one can really predict how he'll be remembered.

I am sure we can predict.

[Roosevelt] was always... finding new victims to loot and new followers to reward, flouting common sense, and boldly denying its existence, demonstrating by his anti-logic that two and two made five, promising larger and larger slices of the moon. His career will greatly engage historians, if any good ones ever appear in America, but it will be of even more interest to psychologists. He was the first American to penetrate to the real depths of vulgar stupidity. He never made the mistake of overestimating the intelligence of the American mob. He was its unparalleled professor. April 15, 1945

Mencken
Replace Roosevelt with Obama.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Yes this poor excuse that was able to keep a majority of his promises made while running despite the GOP doing everything they could to block him. Obama looks black and is a Democrat so that's two strikes against him to the knuckle-dragging right wingers.

In a democratic system, informing the voter is the most important function of domestic policy. Obama said he would have the most transparent administration and all bills would have 5 days of scrutiny before a vote.

Obama is just another front man for the 1%.

The 1% wants Obamacare more that you do by the way.

originally posted by: ketsuko

America to the rest of the World:

We are the people who didn't fit in with you, so why on earth do you think we suddenly want to fit in and be like you now?

Great point Ketsuko!

originally posted by: neo96

[Roosevelt] was always... finding new victims to loot and new followers to reward, flouting common sense, and boldly denying its existence, demonstrating by his anti-logic that two and two made five, promising larger and larger slices of the moon. His career will greatly engage historians, if any good ones ever appear in America, but it will be of even more interest to psychologists. He was the first American to penetrate to the real depths of vulgar stupidity. He never made the mistake of overestimating the intelligence of the American mob. He was its unparalleled professor. April 15, 1945

Mencken
Replace Roosevelt with Obama.

Bears repeating.

edit on 24-3-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
yes he did exactly as his insurance bosses wanted him to do he made them piles and piles of money. what he didn't do
1 fix infrastructure and in process generate jobs

2 didn't address illegal immigration we got laws on the books to stop this and he chose to ignore them all
3 he did not address the problem of companies farming out jobs overseas he did try to get trans pacific trade agreement so companies that farmed out jobs to china could get around with out paying import tariffs/

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join