It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans to Obama: Shut Up, Nobody Cares

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
OOH! Here it is! PEW research. Only...it ISN'T WHAT THE ARTICLE SAID. The article implied that THE AMERICAN PEOPLE across the board were rating President Obama's priorities THE SAME.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE! The article is misleading... (Surprise!!) The accurate title of the PEW data is:

Few Republicans prioritize dealing with gun policy, global climate change

Link to PEW site

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Personally, I care that "pre-existing condition" is no longer a thing that can cause you to be denied health insurance. I was denied health insurance for 10 years at one point in my life due to that, which so many people blithely had no clue about. At least until it happened to them. I was one of the clueless, so I'm not casting stones here - it was horrible.

Do you think it took 2000 pages of legislation to address that issue?

I care that the biggest economic catastrophe since The Great Depression DID NOT BREAK AMERICA! Are places in America broken? Yes. Why? Corporations moving jobs overseas.

We doubled our debt in the last 8 years. America *is* broke. And seriously, the housing bubble was not the biggest economic catastrophe since the Great Depression. The administration's response was.

The corporate tax was raised, so more businesses send their headquarters overseas.

The rest... whatever. Previous admin was Democrat and started the mess. Local government was Dem and contributed. Failures on all levels... but at least it's a State issue and the damage is contained.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Let's deconstruct the article some more...

Here is the graph on Public Policy. This is a list of the TOP CONCERNS for Public Policy in 2016.

This is where the "place" of each item was taken from for the article (i.e. 17th or 18th). But the article is again, misleading. The graph is of the TOP priorities. And, as the previous graph shows, there are wide differences of opinion on these topics based on political leanings.

PEW didn't say "here are these 18 things, choose which are your most important." Instead these are the TOP 18 Priorities!!!

Anyway... sigh.

Carry on...

-AB

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I think we need an ATS speculation market because otherwise, there's no way for the right-wingers to remember all the things they're constantly wrong about.

The biggest problem with the OP, the OP source and most of the posts in this thread is a mistaken belief shared by many that their opinion is the majority opinion.

"Obama will go down as the worst President since..."

Wrong. Obama's approval rating has crept back over 51%. I'm not defending him and hey, I get it, you hate the guy. However, 83% of Democrats don't.

Fortune - Americans Are Falling in Love With Barack Obama, Again

Presidential approval ratings are soaring. Here’s why. How history will look upon the Obama presidency is far from clear. But the American public seems to be getting awfully fond of him.

Having been mired in the mid-40s for virtually his entire tenure, with more Americans typically disapproving of his performance than approving, Obama’s stock has finally broken out of its range. The move may seem small, but it now stands at 50 percent (for the first time in three years), and recently touched a high of 52 percent.

At a time when politics are highly polarized and increasingly tribal, that’s actually quite good, on both a relative and absolute basis. Assuming it lasts, it is good news for Obama, good news for the Democratic nominee for President (most likely Hillary Clinton) and good news for the publisher of his memoirs.

This is raw approval ratings. He followed Bush 43 who is probably going to be the one who is ultimately the least fondly remembered president in recent times. Two (ultimately) unpopular wars, he left office with the economy tanking, etc.

What do Americans say to the OP? Meh.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I bought into his promises back in '08, and voted for him. Not a day goes by that I feel I didn't get duped. I, like many others, was entranced by the dynamic young man who spoke at the Dem. Convention. I don't blame him for every single thing that went wrong for this Country, but I do hold him accountable for his actions.

BHO has detested the concept of legal private gun ownership since his junior senatorial days, and has been stymied at many turns in an effort to gain momentum for his gun control agenda. He stamped his feet, and reverted to meaningless EOs to make it seem as if he was "doing something--anything". It shouldn't be surprising, as his party is the only one that incorporates gun control in it's platform. How these sycophants would readily give up rights for a false sense of security baffles me.

It's pretty sad that it took an obstructionist Congress and widespread firearm support to limit the damage he wanted to enact.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Things perhaps YOU don't care about....

That doesn't mean no one else care about it...

Did you even read the article?

These aren't just things I don't care about they are the things the American people (his constituents) don't care about. You are in the minority which is great for you, but bad for most Americans.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Can anyone find a link for the Pew Research sited in the article? I've looked but I can't... Help?

Thanks...

-AB

PS: CNN "Obama Economy: 8.7 million jobs" CNN Money

ETA: Seriously. Anyone??? Still can't find it...???? No link in the article.

I'm with you. I spent 10 minutes looking for references to that poll. Nothing showed up in Google and I scoured the Pew Research website and that poll is nowhere to be found.

My conclusion is that the source referenced in the OP has either combined results from separate polls or simply lied about it.

If I were a moderator, I would strongly suggest that this be placed in the Hoax bin.

eta: I see you found the article. Good job
edit on 3/22/2016 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I looked at the overall numbers which is, you know, most voters. I could care less about your right-left BS I only care that we are being properly represented AS A WHOLE. Don't you see this is the entire problem with the system? In your world one side 'wins' and one side 'loses' the problem is it should be AMERICA that wins not stupid political parties.

Oh, well, some people don't get it...carry on.

edit on 2016/3/22 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

If I had to wager, him being the first black POTUS will probably outshine all of the things you mentioned

And just how freaking sad is THAT?

In 2016 the best thing about Obama is he is half-black. Good job, Obama!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

If I had to wager, him being the first black POTUS will probably outshine all of the things you mentioned

And just how freaking sad is THAT?

In 2016 the best thing about Obama is he is half-black. Good job, Obama!

I bet that El Presidente Obama smoked a Cuban cigar, or two, this week.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: AboveBoard

I looked at the overall numbers which is, you know, most voters. I could care less about your right-left BS I only care that we are being properly represented AS A WHOLE. Don't you see this is the entire problem with the system? In your world one side 'wins' and one side 'loses' the problem is it should be AMERICA that wins not stupid political parties.

Oh, well, some people don't get it...carry on.

What's even more telling is some of those Democratic priorities listed in that one chart, if you look at it the following are the top 3 for Democrats:

Education-76%
Economy-74%
Terrorism-73%

The three listed for the last year that were the Presidents focus were:

Guns-57%
Climate 55%
Global Trade-28%

Gun Control, and Climate change were about in the middle of the pack, Global Trade dead last in that list for priorities among Democrats. Basically one could make the point that he didn't even focus on his own voter bases' concerns let alone the whole country's.

edit on 22-3-2016 by Falenor because: grammer

edit on 22-3-2016 by Falenor because: grammer

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Already happened

Again : Rhetoric

Obama is the Worst President Since World War II, Poll Says
July 2, 2014 - Obama Is First As Worst President Since WWII, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; More Voters Say Romney Would Have Been Better
Poll: Obama worst prez since WWII

Try again

edit on 122016311203201612 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Falenor

Gun Control, and Climate change were about in the middle of the pack, Global Trade dead last in that list for priorities among Democrats. Basically one could make the point that he didn't even focus on his own voter bases' concerns let alone the whole country's.

Exactly, not only is he ignoring the totality of the American people he isn't even focusing on issues that matter to his own voters which shows him to be a terrible President.
edit on 2016/3/23 by Metallicus because: ets

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Already happened

July 2, 2014 - Obama Is First As Worst President Since WWII, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; More Voters Say Romney Would Have Been Better

Try again

It is a public opinion poll.

I'll wait for the scholars.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Even if you didnt read the articles , you did read the one title , right ? Quinnipiac University , Quinnipiac University Connecticut ?
Just dang.....
Game over , and you are all out of tokens.....

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Gothmog
Already happened

Try again

It is a public opinion poll.

I'll wait for the scholars.

Why?

Because you can't have your own opinion? Do you need some over-educated, pseduo-intellectual to validate what you think?

The best answer we got on this whole thread was Obama's biggest accomplishment will be that he was half-black. The guy is a clown and a terrible President. I don't need to wait for some pompous scholar to figure that out for me.
edit on 2016/3/23 by Metallicus because: Readability Update

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

He's a failure as President. Our enemies laugh at us and our allies, well, we've pretty much turned our back on them, to get cozy with our enemies.

How do you figure that out? Please give examples?

Nothing has improved under his reign and instead of trying to fix the relationship between himself and Republicans

Thats not his fault though, is it? Diplomacy can only work when people let it. The Republicans simply refuse to cooperate out of spite mostly, but some of them also have darker motives too.

he's done nothing but play the blame game, to excuse his policy failures and his fanboys have parroted "Bush did it" so many times, it's become a joke.

Bush was no saint though was he?

Our debt is close to 20 TRILLION dollars and all we ever hear, is that is Bush's fault too.

Two failed wars, billions spent on cronyism - it had to take its toll.

His promise to be "the most transparent administration in history, was a joke from the start and it's been one scandal after another for the last 8 years.
There. How's that?

I'm convinced you can find an equal number, if not more of scandals under Bush.

You are, of course, commenting from a polarised viewpoint.

From an outside perspective - History will remember Obama as a president in office when the two major US parties simply behaved stupidly and stubbornly refused to work with each other, to the detriment of the American people.

Is that his fault - no, not really.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I just going to remember Obummer for all the debt that was accumulated under his watch. We aint getting out of this hole.
P.S. I personally think both parties are POSs and don't give a rats arse about you or me. It is all about the money.

edit on 23-3-2016 by Tarzan the apeman. because: youre ugly and your feet stink

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

(Sigh)
Once again, for those who are hard of hearing or immune to facts, TARP was rammed through by the BUSH administration. The programme that dealt with the CDO mess was put together by Hank Paulson, Bush's treasury secretary. You want to shout at someone over the debt, shout at him. By the way, that debt has been steadily coming down under Obama.
It's getting depressing, having to point out basic damn facts again and again.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
As an outsider looking in and from what I understand of the situation, Obama has had difficulties doing anything he promised because the Republicans block literally everything he introduces. Yet Obama gets the blame. How very convenient.

Blame the true culprits - the Republicans - for poisoning the well and deliberately sabotaging Obamas plans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join