It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans to Obama: Shut Up, Nobody Cares

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It appears that Obama's true legacy will be that he spent his time in office working to 'fix' things that Americans don't care about...namely changing gun policy, addressing climate issues and global trade deals. He literally does nothing to address the problems that Americans actually care about like the economy and illegal immigration. He will go down in history as the most ineffective President in history eclipsing even the epic failures of W. Bush and Jimmy Carter.

Wouldn't it be nice if our elected President would actually address the issues that concern his constituency instead of pushing his own, failed agendas? The only good news (for him) is that the way the 2016 election is shaping up we might actually get a worse President starting in January 2017.

Source

Barack Obama’s top priorities for his last year in office are implanting more gun control, passing a Trans-Pacific trade agreement, and fighting so-called “climate change”. But the latest Pew Research poll finds they are literally the last things Americans care about. No, really. Pew Research created a list of 18 political issues and asked Americans to choose which ones they felt should be a top priority for Obama and his Administration. “Gun policy” and “climate change” placed 16th and 17th. And “global trade” placed 18th – an issue Americans obviously care the least about.

edit on 2016/3/22 by Metallicus because: sp

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Ah. The "American Patriot Daily." Could the rhetoric be red-meat for right-leaning folks to chew on?

Personally, I care that "pre-existing condition" is no longer a thing that can cause you to be denied health insurance. I was denied health insurance for 10 years at one point in my life due to that, which so many people blithely had no clue about. At least until it happened to them. I was one of the clueless, so I'm not casting stones here - it was horrible.

I care that the biggest economic catastrophe since The Great Depression DID NOT BREAK AMERICA! Are places in America broken? Yes. Why? Corporations moving jobs overseas. Michigan management under Rick Snyder and his Administration with their non-democratic "Emergency Managers." Things like that maybe?

Threads like this are just ways for people to vent their spleen. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and scream "Shut Up!" to a President you don't like. I hate this kind of stuff because it is so wildly out of balance I can't help but go "um, guys? really?" Look, I know the article wasn't written for me, it was written for folks who resonate to that rhetoric.
So, crack open whatever it is you like to drink, and enjoy!

- AB

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Obama will not only go down as the worst President EVER... he will go down as the worst practical joke ever pushed on the American voter by the political media machine in bed with Hollywood. It was a snakeoil sale that thus far has cost us TRILLIONS of dollars, and made us look like morons as well.

W. Bush may have been a joke in the American media, but B.H. Obama aka. Barry Sotero is a joke to the rest of the world. Is it any wonder that our enemies have become so brazen? Obama simply doesn't care, one way or another. Frankly, he'd rather play golf in Cuba with his new pals down there...

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Things perhaps YOU don't care about....

That doesn't mean no one else care about it...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yeah, last I checked, PEW was such a right wing polling firm. They created the list and the blog reported. The blog might be right wing, but PEW is not.

So it does beg the question: Why is the president spending so much time and effort on things the people care so little about?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Funny thing about history...no one can really predict how he'll be remembered.

If I had to wager, him being the first black POTUS will probably outshine all of the things you mentioned, and the GOP obstruction will also be remembered far more than anything negative you mentioned.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Let's hope he keeps working on things we don't care about, because when he does work on those, it's a disaster. Universal healthcare would have been great. Take the money from the insurance companies and put it in to actual patient care. And we all know how that turned out. I will be so glad to see him out of office. But, I dread to see who sits in that seat next.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
His failures will be blamed on GWB or his next favorite excuse...the Republican congress.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Yeah, last I checked, PEW was such a right wing polling firm. They created the list and the blog reported. The blog might be right wing, but PEW is not.

So it does beg the question: Why is the president spending so much time and effort on things the people care so little about?

Well, you pick your battles. Obama could buy every person an AR-15 and nominate Rush Limbaugh himself to the SCOTUS and be shot down.

The GOP will move to block Obama even if it means say the sky is purple.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Obama should consult with TRUE patriots of the Republic so he can change things that really matter to Patriots

Such as

The war on Christmas
The war against Political Correctness
The war against women
The war against LGBT rights
The war against the environment

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
And before this goes beyond 2 pages...

Oh look, another "I hate Obama" thread. Lets see how many right wingers it collects like insects to fly paper...I'm guessing like any other one of these numerous threads it'll be of little substance, simple "I hate Obama too!" statements and peter out after a few pages.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Things perhaps YOU don't care about....

That doesn't mean no one else care about it...

No, apparently a majority of Americans, as is stated in the title, as is stated in the thread, as is stated in the article.

But the latest Pew Research poll finds they are literally the last things Americans care about.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

And before this goes beyond 2 pages...

Oh look, another "I hate Obama" thread. Lets see how many right wingers it collects like insects to fly paper...I'm guessing like any other one of these numerous threads it'll be of little substance, simple "I hate Obama too!" statements and peter out after a few pages.

And we can always count on you to show up to defend this poor excuse of a POTUS.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Obama cant hear you in his "Safe Space"

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Can anyone find a link for the Pew Research sited in the article? I've looked but I can't... Help?

Thanks...

-AB

PS: CNN "Obama Economy: 8.7 million jobs" CNN Money

ETA: Seriously. Anyone??? Still can't find it...???? No link in the article.
edit on 22-3-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well, you pick your battles. Obama could buy every person an AR-15 and nominate Rush Limbaugh himself to the SCOTUS and be shot down.

The GOP will move to block Obama even if it means say the sky is purple.

And since you and I know those things will never happen, we'll never know what the reaction would be. Cute though.

But I'm curious, if someone like Trump or Cruz becomes president and you go to vote for your local Democrat, what will be voting for them to do? Will you be wanting them to go and vote for that president's agenda? Or will part of your vote be for them to fight against the policy positions of that president?

Understand of course, that a lot of those Republicans hold office partially because they ran on platforms counter to Obama's policy positions. If their electorate didn't want them to fight his policy positions, but instead wanted Obama's agenda to pass through Congress, those particular people would not be in office right now.

Or are you suggesting that the Representatives simply tell their electorate to piss off and do what Obama wants them to do to please you instead of the people who voted for them?

And you wonder why so many voters are revolting against DC this election cycle when this is the kind of double dealing you expect.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
You could replace the name "Obama" in this thread's title with "Hillary" and it would be accurate as well. "I don't care what you think, no Americans died in Libya under my watch!!!"

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

He's a failure as President. Our enemies laugh at us and our allies, well, we've pretty much turned our back on them, to get cozy with our enemies.
Nothing has improved under his reign and instead of trying to fix the relationship between himself and Republicans, he's done nothing but play the blame game, to excuse his policy failures and his fanboys have parroted "Bush did it" so many times, it's become a joke. Our debt is close to 20 TRILLION dollars and all we ever hear, is that is Bush's fault too. His promise to be "the most transparent administration in history, was a joke from the start and it's been one scandal after another for the last 8 years.
There. How's that?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

a reply to: madmac5150

Funny thing about history...no one can really predict how he'll be remembered.

Star 4 that.

That may be (often is) true about the small things. Big things get reinforced a certain way. Like Pearl Harbor, we were surprised -- not.

About Obama, can't do things wrong if nobody cares about them. A Bart Simpson principle I bet.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I haven't read it yet but here's the link to to the PRC survery.

EDIT:

My bad, that's the one for 2015. This is the right one: PRC - The public’s policy priorities for 2016
edit on 2016-3-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join