It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Europe Screwed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Europe survived ww2, not sure how people can think that a few psychos creating chaos can beat 40 million dead, and total destruction of many cities.

because then the enemy wore uniforms and carried a flag. Not looked like everyone else.

Man the apathy is thick...

and what has anyone not living in Europe got do do with the price of eggs in china? Europe is just the start...

This is going to be a GLOBAL problem.. sheesh...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Yes it's a mess

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015
So After taking in the Trojan Horse with open arm... Is Europe screwed? I am not saying that taking in the refugees was a bad idea, it was pretty forced onto Europe. But one have to stop, think, and ask... Was kindness a weakness? Pretty much every single country who took in refugees are very prone for attacks now...

Along with the 'Trojan horse' come the 'wolves in sheep clothing'

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I keep having to repeat this on every thread right now.

Historically most high profile terrorist attacks inside Europe are committed by nationals of the state being attacked they are not immigrants (although may be the descendent immigrants) and they are not Refugees. With or without Refugees terrorists will find a way to attack the west they hit London without this influx of refugees.

The truth is that most of these individuals who commit these attacks have been radicalised by overseas actors and domestic radicals. In some parts of Europe there are very large Muslim communities the problem then is not immigration but the radicalisation of a minority young European Muslim men. If we want to tackle this problem we need to look at what is causing them to attack their fellow Europeans and at times other Muslims.

To argue that this is a problem caused by Immigration and refugees rather than a problem caused by a small minority of young Muslim European men becoming radicalised by religious fanatics to the point that they want to blow themselves up, is to ignore the problem. Europe is only screwed if we all fall into believing this fallacy that terrorist is caused by refugees and immigration rather than addressing why these men are becoming radicalised because if we look at this as a immigration issue we are ignoring the real source of the problem.

Europe is screwed but not because of the threat of terrorism, Europe is screwed because the economy is on the verge of collapse and with it the entire union will imploded.
edit on 23-3-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why did you delete? I had just replied with an affirmation.

I thought it was in poor taste. Just a self-imposed edit.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I keep having to repeat this on every thread right now.

Historically most high profile terrorist attacks inside Europe are committed by nationals of the state being attacked they are not immigrants (although may be the descendent immigrants) and they are not Refugees. With or without Refugees terrorists will find a way to attack the west they hit London without this influx of refugees.

That ^^^^^I believe is the crux of the problem.....

As in all families, youth invariably rebel.In strict religious families they rebel

against that religion etc.

Immigrants who settle in Europe etc. accept the more relaxed living of the

culture/country they reside in, the youth look into the histories of their own

culture, and think maybe they are betraying their heritage? and go over the

top on rebellion?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

That is probably a very valid point, there are I believe many who become radicalised for this very reason.

The only issue is that different people will become radicalised for different reasons and the vast majority of Muslims who are living in Europe are not radicalised.

That is why I think we need to look much more at why people are becoming radicalised and addressing those problems and using this knowledge to identify these individuals rather than just dismissing this as a immigration problem.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Agree.

If we want to stop this it has to start with the community, and prevent the disengagement and isolation which makes people vulnerable to manipulators.

It is almost the same as domestic abuse, where the victim gets isolated and the abuser becomes their whole world whatever world the abuser chooses to create, and creates their own weird logic and psychology to control their victim.

There was an article on it on the BBC, and I can't find it now. About the muslim community pulling together in order to prevent this sort of consequence, which I think is one of the best solutions. It is a social issue.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I hear many Europeans say only the really terrible prognostications for Europe and immigration come from Americans, so I have to put my stock in that.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm just asking a question, not even criticizing. I think it's funny that you talk all high and mighty but then you use lots of assumptions about me.
The trouble is not here yet my friend. You guys just started taking in the refugees.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

so if everyone see the world the way you were, everyday is peachy!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

Oh undoubtedly. We are simply reaping the benefits of mass immigration combined with multiculturalism.

Multiculturalism doesn't really work in America, which is why your immigrants are generally so well assimilated and that, therefore, there are far fewer incidents of third world terror.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join