It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama vows to 'go after' Islamic State

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: vjr1113

With all due respect, its difficult ridiculing a group that is getting constant brainwashing.

Sure, it can be used as one of the tactics to defeat them but they are an army and use weapons to murder, rape, and pillage.

Your talking about a form of psychological warfare, fine, it should be utilized but not that only

Look, I'm a man of peace with an Islamic heritage myself.

I know these savages, I've debated them in the past

With all due respect, my friend, you don't know them like I know them

dont assume in ignorant. ive dealt with christian fundamentalist that have disowned their own children and oppressed the lives of millions of americans with their hate. i have seen results of islamic extremism in my own town, but it doesnt matter if i have.

im not against the destruction of isis soldiers, im addressing the problem of the extremist philosophy. there was a time where christianity was just as dangerous as islam, but what happened to it? study the secularisation of other religions and their cultures and you'll know how to stop them.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

I agree with you it should be opposed intellectually, philosophically.

This problem like any problem needs an integral, holistic approach. Many angles are better than one.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This terrorist group could have been wiped out in a month.

Don't lose sight of the fact that it wasn't that long ago when we identified about 5,000 ISIS idiots in Iraq.

The Iraqi's had 40,000 soldiers who had been trained and armed by the U.S./Allies at the price of billions of dollars.

I don't have to remind anybody what happened.

So I wouldn't be so quick to blame Obama. There's a lot of blame to go around.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

That's true. Wonder who the Secretary of State was during that period where Iraqi's got trained?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

well id like to get rid of rapists, the religious and any other idiot. but killing them is only going to get you so far. id like to do the same thing we did with the other major religions, secularize them. overall thats the best way to make a philosophy relatively harmless, and of course to exterminate threats that act on that philosophy.

ignoring the idea and only focusing on extremists will get you nowhere. you have to kill the root of the evil, you do that the rest will follow.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It seems they don’t want to get rid of ISIS.

They, the sinister cabal behind ISIS, will never admit that a few dead civilians against the geo political plot being done is all right with them.

Folks, were being brainwashed, manipulated. These attacks are becoming acceptable to us.

And the flimsy human being we have for a president, like Bush, is a front man for something real sinister.

And if this isn’t a plot, remember none of us really know for sure this is a false flag (though the evidence is building that it is) then what happens when these lunatics get atomic material or some kind of nerve gas.

Why would Obama let them build an infrastructure to work on getting that stuff?

It doesn't make sense.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Both the U.S. president and my prime minister are p.o.d off at Russia for their heavy handedness in the Ukraine with a side order of upset at Russia trying to prop up Assad. Perhaps what happened in Syria a few years ago was Assad's attempt to put down these rabid dogs. I am not sure.

Considering the past heavy handedness of both our countries leadership in many instances with many countries in the past I don't believe either of our governments has a lot of moral ground to stand on.

If Obama is wise he will heed the advice of those in power on the other side of the ocean whom are closer to the situation and join a worldwide coalition to defeat this Daesh (They HATE to be called that!) scourge. Their mindset is insane and must, and will, be stopped.

I refuse to live in fear, however, I cannot help but wonder how long it will be, if no concrete action is taken, before this really reaches our shores. We must act now as a worldwide body to stop these degenerate humans (and I use the term humans loosely).

Very Blue Wolf

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Caroline13456

Very astute post.

We just must understand these people are ruthless who we elect to high office

They have not our interest at heart

edit on 22-3-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

From your article:

We are gonna continue with the over 60 nations that are pounding ISIL, and we're going to go after them,

I see the word continue. It is not a confession. A real coalition has been attacking ISIS.

What reality are you living in?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
A coalition of the deaf, dumb, and blind

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I do not know how you can go after ISIS any more than we already have. As a fighting force they will be gone in both Iraq and Syria by the end of the year. We have assassinated most of its leadership. We have bombed its training camps in Africa. That is pretty much it. Nothing you can do about a few guys with bombs or guns. ISIS is on its last legs and while it dies you can expect it will be striking out as much as it can because it has nothing left to lose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join