It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Year Old Foster Child Ripped from Loving Home Because of 1978 Law

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

It just chaps my hide that society seems to think that biology is somehow stronger than love. I have a lot of relatives who are related to me through adoption, not biology. My husband, as I mentioned, was adopted. I have two adopted nephews. My husband's friend has two adopted sons and one biological son, and my husband and I discussed adopting ourselves. I had a cousin who was adopted too.

So many people who can get simply ripped out of my life because I don't have a biological tie to them.

Had there been biological relatives capable of caring for this little girl at the time her parents abused her, she would have been given to them then, but they apparently either were unable or didn't want her. So now that she has a family she has always known, the blood relations turn up and she gets simply ripped out of one life for another?

No wonder people choose abortion.
Don't foster parents receive some sort of money? Maybe her biological family is finally taking her back for the paycheck.
I was wondering the same thing about why her relatives didn't step up in the first place when she was given a black eye by her biological parents and take action to take her in at that point.

Some of the darker foster stories in the media included stipends or monthly payments to foster parents for expenses in rearing a placed child. The news has featured stories in the past of foster parents misuse of these funds, and using little resources for the foster child's basic needs. Not all foster parents are corrupt or bad, but their have been many cases reported of the one's solely in it for the money.

As to why the biological family, or extended family's inability to step up from the outset is a question yet to be answered. It was reported that Lexi arrived at the Page's home sporting a black eye, but the incident that resulted in her injury was not detailed in any of the linked articles. One article mentioned that reunification between the 6yo and her biological failed on multiple occasions, and the reasoning for failures wasn't revealed.

Bottom line, what's in the best interest for Lexi? As Seagull so sagely put it, "Did anyone ask the child" what she wants?.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo Thank you for the reply. I had read your links and also the story in another article and some things aren't explained, and I wasn't sure if I missed the other side of the story. So, I didn't miss anything, somethings just weren't brought to light as you said.
I have my own personal experience of being taken out of the home as a young person and it is truly sad that kids have such little say... none if any, really.
This story definitely tugged at my heartstrings and I will keep Lexi in my prayers. Hopefully she will find peace and be able to keep communication with the people she has been living with as a family.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley
You are right,
we should learn from these mistakes. But somehow the world tends to repeat things like this over and over.... in some form or another.

Here is a sort of good news story regarding the residential school abuse.

www.cbc.ca...

The government surprisingly is actively searching for the men and women behind the abuse.
Although, I know it was a horrible thing to happen, and i can see it in my grandmothers eyes every time i look at her, but really when it comes down to it, i personally think the blacks where and still are, treated worse.
Indians at least were given a plot of land and now receive a substantial sum of money from the government every month. Blacks were taken from their homes and sold as property, at times forced to fight another man till the death for their masters enjoyment, then worked till they fell over dead.
Yet still havent been given a dime from the government.

<< 1  2   >>

join