It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DCMA doubts KC-46 will be delivered on time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The Defense Contract Management Agency has said they doubt that Boeing will be able to deliver the first 18 aircraft by August 2017, despite Boeing standing by that deadline. The Milestone C decision won't be made until May now. The first aircraft can't be delivered until after that decision.

The DCMA believes that the aircraft won't be delivered until 2018 now. This will affect McConnell AFB hardest. They're the first base to get the aircraft. They were supposed to get the first one late this year.

www.bizjournals.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

1.5 billion in losses, no wonder they chose NG for LRSB

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

If you look at overall overruns, NG delivered far fewer aircraft for a higher average overrun.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Pre LRSB decision I would agree with you it seemed Lockheed/Boeing had the better record as of late, however I wonder how much the RQ-180 and any other classified platforms NG has built made a difference in the end.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

The thing to remember with the KC-46 though is that the Air Force is only paying about $500M of that $1.5B. Everything after that comes out of Boeing's pocket.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Isn't this going mean another hit for Boeing. IIRC the sale price was worked out on an optimal production run. It sounds like the aimed for numbers aren't going to be hit initially so production costs are going to be correspondingly higher.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Donkey09

Yes and no. There's wiggle room since the Milestone C decision was pushed back. The latest one was due to Pentagon availability so not on Boeing. They may see a penalty of some kind, but I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

join