It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinking of the Titanic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
As everyone knows the titanic struck an iceberg and sank in the Atlantic. However was this ship cursed as it transported an egyptian mummy within its hold? just an interesting theory that i read up. Any views?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I actually read a book once that said that it wasnt the Titanic that sunk but the Olympic here sister ship. The Olympic had had a collision with a RN ship, a mine sweeper i think, not long before the Titanic was finished. The Admiralty refused to pay compensation so White Star lost a shed load of money on repairs and lost revenue.
The Olympic was laid up next to the Titanic for repairs when the latter was almost finished and according to the book i read the names were swopped as the Ships themselves were virtually identical and the Olympic set sail as the Titanic and was delibrataly sunk for the insurance money.
The Auther of the book contends that the collision with the RN Ship was so bad it made the full repair of the Olympic prohibitive(sp).
Apparently there were ships nearby to get the passangers off but something went wrong and the Ship went down with massive loss of life. I cant remember the book title or who wrote it but ill have a look when i get the time.
As for the Mummmy i dont really know.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Nice post Janus

As for the Mummy, here's one article i found.

Sanc'.

join