It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump does not belive in climate change

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

For a Bernie supporter you talk like Trump, repeating your self a lot.

Yea the planet has problems no one is auguring that, but blindly believing in something that has not been 100% proven to do what our government claims it does and shelling out hefty world taxes, wont solve anything. In fact it will destroy many countries that have not industrialized yet and keep them in poverty.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicSmack

For a Bernie supporter you talk like Trump, repeating your self a lot.

It takes many repetitions for most people to hear a point being made. So yes, as long as you all deny it, I'll keep saying it.

Yea the planet has problems no one is auguring that,

No? Seems to me they are definitely arguing that.

but blindly believing in something that has not been 100% proven to do what our government claims it does and shelling out hefty world taxes, wont solve anything. In fact it will destroy many countries that have not industrialized yet and keep them in poverty.

I disagree. And don't even want to hear your convoluted reasons for thinking that. I'm not "blindly believing" anything. I do my homework.
I can appreciate your motive insofar as it's presented (i.e. to help other humans) - but doing nothing about mitigating human impact on the climate is stupid, unnecessary, and wanton exploitation of this planet. This is the only planet we have.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: DBCowboy

DB, do you pay federal income taxes? I'm assuming....yes.

Then, whether you wanted to or not, you have put money in the plate of the Church of Climatology.

They took it and gave it to Google, NRG, Solyndra, and here is a list of other crony green energy companies that have failed or are faltering all on taxpayer subsidies:

dailysignal.com...

But, remember, the guys running these failures got their big paychecks anyway, failing or not, not to mention all the tax bennies, and I'll bet a lot of it went back into donations to their fav politician.

It's very sad that actual science, that can be verified by data and statistics, is considered to be nothing more that a "religion" by those unable and unwilling to understand real science.

That is the same mindset that burned people at the stake because science was nothing more than witchcraft.

What a drama queen. It HAS become a religion. Very educated knowledgeable scientists have varying opinions. The doctrinal issues are being worked out. Nobody thinks science is witchcraft.....that's a pagan religion

The Church of Climatology is the one true religion and Science Theory is its god and there will be no arguing or discussion regarding the scripture/statistics it is based on. Those that doubt, question, and do independent study will be ostracized and demeaned. You will assimilate! Now here comes the plate...get your wallet out.
edit on 24-3-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
One nation on one continent raising taxes will not fix climate change.

We can't even get the people in one nation to agree on anything, yet these fanatics think that they can unite the globe to save the planet.

You can use all the science in the world, but you still can't even get Muslims to stop blowing up airports!

So don't try to talk to me about "science" and saving the planet.

The climate crowd can start convincing me when they get peace in the Middle East.

Until then, I'll still call climate change advocates control freaks who want bigger government and higher taxes.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

That's nice and all, but there is data and statistics that can be analyzed. For example, there are ice core samples that have been harvested and studied that show there is a significant increase in CO2 emissions around the start of the industrial revolution. These samples go back 100,000 years!

But people deny that as fact because of political reasons.

Screw politics! This issue has nothing to do with that.

You base your opinion and belief, as a political religion, solely on the political implications and not the scientific.

Taxation is not necessarily the answer, but neither is sticking our fingers in our ears because our political ideology has no place for verifiable data.
edit on 24-3-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The climate crowd can start convincing me when they get peace in the Middle East.

Until then, I'll still call climate change advocates control freaks who want bigger government and higher taxes.

Wow!!!

Now that is a total non-sequitor comparison.
I want peace in the Middle East, too - how is the strife in the Middle East connected to world pollution mitigation? The two are not connected in any way except for how they are both caused by humans. And you are the one who brought up "religion." The Middle East is all about RELIGION. The problem we are talking about is human neglect of the environment. It has nothing to do with "religion."

Religion is stupid. Environmental responsibility is not.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Just use "science" to explain it to them.

That'll get them to save the planet.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Just use "science" to explain it to them.

That'll get them to save the planet.

You do realize that you just equated your own ignorance on the subject to those in the Middle East that are about 100 years behind modern science, right?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Explain to me how you're going to save the planet when you can't get half of the planet to agree on anything?

waiting.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Explain to me how you're going to save the planet when you can't get half of the planet to agree on anything?

waiting.

That is a lousy argument. That's like saying we can't stop half the world from being alcoholics, so we might as well get #faced.

Completely illogical.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Ok I agree to disagree with you and agree this is going no where fast. Good day enjoy your pointless tax.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The Church of Climatology is the one true religion and Science Theory is its god and there will be no arguing or discussion regarding the scripture/statistics it is based on. Those that doubt, question, and do independent study will be ostracized and demeaned. You will assimilate! Now here comes the plate...get your wallet out.

Just shows how you don't understand how science works. It is full of challenges and questions, that is how it progresses.YOU are making it out to be this end all be all, doesn't make it the truth tho.
I will ask again for these independent studies, no one in this thread has wanted to post where they get their info to deny it, while those that want to show it is happening have been happy to post sources.
Oh and look at you mentioning scripture/stats, even though you went back and forth with me a couple pages back saying that wasn't want you were equating them to all while telling me I couldn't comprehend what you were saying...

edit on thThu, 24 Mar 2016 19:38:55 -0500America/Chicago320165580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

tell me how the planet can come together and save us from climate change when half the planet can't agree on anything?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

tell me how the planet can come together and save us from climate change when half the planet can't agree on anything?

Doesn't matter. All we can do is recognize that there is a problem and do our best to set the example.

I thought the US was the "shining city on a hill" that will lead the way to the future.

It's hard to do that when we have people in our own country that deny verifiable facts to satisfy their political allegiances.
edit on 24-3-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Tell me how one country can make a difference when we can't even agree on a president?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Tell me how one country can make a difference when we can't even agree on a president?

A presidential election is based on politics.

Climate issues are based on science.

People need to put their politics aside and recognize science.

Why is scientific interpretation dependent on the political ideology of the individual?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

so one country is going to save the planet?

please tell me how.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Are you not aware of the global-level climate conferences taking place?
Really?
Climate Change Conference

According to the organizing committee of the summit in Paris, the objective of the 2015 conference was to achieve, for the first time in over 20 years of UN negotiations, a binding and universal agreement on climate, from all the nations of the world.[10] ...... The International Trade Union Confederation has called for the goal to be "zero carbon, zero poverty", and its general secretary Sharan Burrow has repeated that there are "no jobs on a dead planet".

Even Pope Francis is behind this....so there's your connection to "religion", if you insist.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The problem is, introvert, they are connected.

It's not so much that even scientists can't agree on the interpretation of the statistics or the models used to determine the "doctrinal" issues, but that politicians, specifically this administration, has done so many green energy endeavors stupidly and sleazily politically.

He really just doesn't know what he's doing half the time. He covers that fact really well with his ability to baffle with b*ll**it, but he has screwed the American taxpayers over and over with his carelessness in business ventures using taxpayer money.

There are so many failures and unintended consequences of some of these endeavors. All it has done is line the pockets of his cronies, which in turn went back into the pockets of politicians, or some "family" foundation.

We don't trust the money trail that leads us to the players that take the money.

Most of us do what we can. We recycle, we buy fuel efficient cars, we replace items in our homes with energy saving versions, but we want common sense approaches to how our taxes are spent and invested.

We are tired of politicians using The Taxpayer money tree like their own personal venture capital. If politicians weren't so stupid about financial matters, we might feel more trustful.

So politics cannot be separated from this particular science.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Wow!!!

Now that is a total non-sequitor comparison.
I want peace in the Middle East, too - how is the strife in the Middle East connected to world pollution mitigation? The two are not connected in any way except for how they are both caused by humans. And you are the one who brought up "religion." The Middle East is all about RELIGION. The problem we are talking about is human neglect of the environment. It has nothing to do with "religion."

Religion is stupid. Environmental responsibility is not.

All those bombings can't be good for the environment.

Besides, it's a more immediate threat than greenland melting.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join