It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Islam is not coming to the US...it is already here

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
Are you not a muslim?

I think it's been fairly widely known that I'm an atheist.

Why would that matter?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: eNumbravi·o·lence
ˈvī(ə)ləns/
noun
behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun
the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

So, no vandalism does NOT equal violence, and so therefore vandalizing does NOT equal terrorism.

If threats of violence do not equal violence and terrorism has to include both a violence and intimidation factor to be terrorism, then should I not refer to terrorism as terrorism, since I've never been intimidated?

A terroristic threat is a crime generally involving a threat to commit violence communicated with the intent to terrorize another, to cause evacuation of a building, or to cause serious public inconvenience, in reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience. It may mean an offense against property or involving danger to another person that may include but is not limited to recklessly endangering another person, harassment, stalking, ethnic intimidation, and criminal mischief.

The following is an example of a Texas statute dealing with terroristic threats:

TERRORISTIC THREAT

(a) A person commits an offense if he threatens to commit any offense involving violence to any person or property with intent to:

cause a reaction of any type to his threat[s] by an official or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies;
place any person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury;
prevent or interrupt the occupation or use of a building; room; place of assembly; place to which the public has access; place of employment or occupation; aircraft, automobile, or other form of conveyance; or other public place;
cause impairment or interruption of public communications, public transportation, public water, gas, or power supply or other public service;
place the public or a substantial group of the public in fear of serious bodily injury; or
influence the conduct or activities of a branch or agency of the federal government, the state, or a political subdivision of the state.

You can sit there and insist that a pattern of attacks on Mosques wasn't done to intimidate the Muslim communities of America, but it falls right into the legal definitions of Terrorist Threats.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

You said vandalism you didnt say terroristic threats. So dont go trying to switch it up now.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

My question was going to be for a muslim...
I don't think an atheist should even voice an opinion on any religion..
seeing as they don't believe in anything...
I must be confusing you with springer perhaps. ..
I really wanted a muslims honest opinions on some things...
edit on 23-3-2016 by 5StarOracle because: word

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I don't think atheist should even voice an opinion on any religion..

Why?

I've studied several religions, and am very familiar with the Bible.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

You said vandalism you didnt say terroristic threats. So dont go trying to switch it up now.

I said a string of vandalism against mosques.(exact words were, rash of islamophobic vandalism) You're free to read the legal definition I posted and tell me how the acts don't fall under it if you'd like.
edit on 3/23/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

How can you say you are familiar with the bible?
when it's words are meaningless to you...
I could say I'm very familiar with the Qur'an because I have looked for the inconsistencies contained within it...
But that wouldn't be very honest would it?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

How can you say you are familiar with the bible?
when it's words are meaningless to you...
I could say I'm very familiar with the Qur'an because I have looked for the inconsistencies contained within it...
But that wouldn't be very honest would it?

I am non religious. That being said I can confidently say I am familiar with the Bible.

This is because I was raised Christian. I understand the Christian ideology very well.

Furthermore I dont see any reason to believe that I or anyone else could not understand the books and ideology of many/any religion(s) with a little study.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

I said a string of vandalism against mosques.(exact words were, rash of islamophobic vandalism) You're free to read the legal definition I posted and tell me how the acts don't fall under it if you'd like.

More christian churches are vandalized than mosques. So we have to ask ourselves is it an attack on Islam or is ir an attack on all organzed religions. There are many people that just hate any form of religion. Case in point any discussion about Islam always gets people talking about Christians. Now vandalism isn't a terrorist act unless a threat is issued to go with it. You can't change policy or alter the public if they don't know why it was done.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
STAY ON-TOPIC

This thread has devolved into pointless side debates unrelated to the primary focus of "radical" Islam.

Please remain on-topic.

STAY ON-TOPIC

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Konduit

Ya it's funny how they often seem to be former Christians...
Yet to be a Christian you have to believe...
Just smart enough to fool themselves...

I never claimed to be atheist. ...

What was the subject of this thread again? Oh that's right "weaponized islam". I'll not call it "radical islam" anymore. Good point ScepticOverlord!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I have a question for everyone. Do you agree or disagree that as long as there is Islam there will always be weaponized Islam? Explain your answer.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct
Perhaps radical Muslim and weaponized Muslim would be a better way of wording it...
But to answer the question...
It will remain a problem until all those of the Muslim faith join in the effort to bring about an end to it....
Or until all muslim ascribe to the same ideology...
You see this is the biggest problem with effectively dealing with the situation....
Because those of the faith who may not agree with thier actions are so busy defending thier faith the political problems become the issue instead of the problem...
And because thier is diversion amoungst those of a shared faith we can't hold them all in the same light and simple deal with the problem based on the faith...

And you did say you were athiests when you claimed to be non religious...That encompasses atheism it is known as irreligion...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Every faith has divisions and radical extremists with guns.

I am Muslim and would not be told what to believe by anyone. I would never let my brain devolve to the point I think things that you just said.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Mazzini

You are told what to belive by Muhammad...
Deny that....
Is your brain de evolving now?
or is your foot stuck in your mouth?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
We should just strip them of their titles. No more radical muslims, radical islam, ISIS. Just call them Psychopathic Terrorist Killers. A war on Psychopathic Terrorist Killers, no matter who they are or where they are from or what they believe.

Takes all of the baggage away and deals with what they essentially are.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join