It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Islam is not coming to the US...it is already here

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: matafuchs

And those are only the successful terrorist plots. The list of unsuccessful terrorist plots is quite long, which, if any were brought to fruition would have caused the deaths of thousands. Most are, of course, fuelled by Islamism.

List of Unsuccessful Terrorist Plots in the United States post 9/11

Intriguing list.

It looks like when Obama got reelected they lost interest. Zero radical muslim attacks since 2012, down from one every couple of months or so in the decade before.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

Again, you all seemed so conditioned as if you are not allowed to say 'Islamic terrorist'.A downturn since 2012? The Boston Bombing happened in 2013!!!! WTF is wrong with you people? This is not xenophobic it is common sense.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

And those are only the successful terrorist plots. The list of unsuccessful terrorist plots is quite long, which, if any were brought to fruition would have caused the deaths of thousands. Most are, of course, fuelled by Islamism.

Intriguing list.

It looks like when Obama got reelected they lost interest. Zero radical muslim attacks since 2012, down from one every couple of months or so in the decade before.

Zero since 2012?

San Bernardino attacks were not even 4 months ago.

14 killed.

Radicals living in the LA area.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Again, you all seemed so conditioned as if you are not allowed to say 'Islamic terrorist'.A downturn since 2012? The Boston Bombing happened in 2013!!!! WTF is wrong with you people? This is not xenophobic it is common sense.

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

Intriguing list.

Zero since 2012?

San Bernardino attacks were not even 4 months ago.

14 killed.

Radicals living in the LA area.

The list was of Unsuccessful Terrorists Attempts. Some thing changed after Obama got reelected.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Just stop with the PC. Page 4 is a PC free zone.

lol. Sorry, you were sized up as a dissenter and quickly pounced on there. I see what you're saying but I'm thinking it might be a change in reporting policy.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

The reason Israel is always under attack is because they literally invaded a country that they had no legitimate claim to and have occupied it by force with US backing.

People tend to fight when their country gets invaded.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Just stop with the PC. Page 4 is a PC free zone.

lol. Sorry, you were sized up as a dissenter and quickly pounced on there. I see what you're saying but I'm thinking it might be a change in reporting policy.

If it was a 911 Bush thing maybe it just ran out of gas and coasted to a stop.

There have been accusations that most, if not all, of the terrorist plots are entrapment operations. US law enforcement recruit terrorists for a specific act and then bust them just before they do it.

Maybe that stopped. Which dovetails with the recent let-in-all-of-the-Muslims Immigration Policy.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Then you might have stated your numbers instead of making a hasty generalization.

I might have if I were actually making a statement but then again, who really has the time? We've got to get busy figuring out the answer to the Muslim Question after all!

I agree with many of your points, and even agree generalization is a necessary convenience of every day conversation, but critics of political correctness specifically point out that the charges of bigotry, sexism, racism, are wholly unwarranted. This is where I think you are wrong. While we're in the habit of pointing out "overt bigotry", this in itself has been shown to be a species of bigotry, but one that results in a measurable loss to reputation, employment, and safety.

So sure, call Trump supporters stupid and that they want to sleep with their children, but the charge of bigotry, racism, and sexism should at least be sincere.

For the sake of the topic, we should be able to discuss Islam just like we are able to criticize Christianity.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mazzini

I wouldn't say freedom, as it is given by simply residing in the United States, is what all immigrants desire. Many immigrants, I imagine, are bitter that they've been forced to leave their homeland; a feeling for which they shouldn't be blamed. If an immigrant from the middle east views or can be persuaded to viewing the United States as the major destabilizing force in the middle east it's not hard to see how they could be a prime candidate for radicalization.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
rad·i·cal
ˈradək(ə)l/
adjective
1.(especially of change or action) relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough.

radical religion has been around for a long time, sometimes under the name of christianity, sometimes under the label judaism. also called fundamentalists or extremists. the islamic brand has been well known for hundreds of years. i really dont care what made up god is used by the crazies, i dont like any kind of religious extremism especially if said fundamentalism leads to violence.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

I would call them refugees instead of immigrants, and we give them sanctuary from living in a militarized region and they might be bitter but percentage wise very few almost none are terrorists.

Islamic terrorism is a thing you're born into, raised by even. Not all combatants in the Mid east wars are terrorists though. Some are just radical militants. Terrorism is violence towards civilian life on a large scale.

American Muslims are pretty decent in general. And from my own personal experiences I can say they are happy to be here, the ones in my city.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is how women and children look according to the MSM.

This is just beginning... Europe is about to explode.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: conz1992

a reply to: eNumbra

That's why I said recent times haha, since the OP is referring to the present. I did think maybe there's some stories I might of missed, but I mean what's vandalism to murder?

If OP can site back as far as the 70s I think the 90s and 2000s is more than recent enough.

And while vandalism isn't murder it's still a form of violence. It's just psychological in nature.

Its also NOT terrorism.

Oh and by they way the McVeigh attack had nothing to do with radical Christianity. It was an act of war against the Fed in retaliation for killing Cooper. Cooper was a great man.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
The most effective way that ISIS can harm the US is by helping Trump get elected, which they are doing a very good job of right now

You made a spelling error let me fix that for you....
The most INeffective way that ISIS can harm the US is by helping Trump get elected, which they are doing a very good job of right now

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AudioOne

The land was given to Israel several thousand years ago by God.
They have only reclaimed what was theirs.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Its also NOT terrorism.

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun
noun: terrorism

the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mazzini

God gave that land to Israel several thousand years ago.
You will have to take that issue up with Him!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
RADICAL ISLAM - This is not a fabrication. This is not something created by the MSM. It is real...and it is not on our doorstep but waiting to once again strike.

Incorrect. With reference to today's atrocities:
IT IS NOT RADICAL ISLAM

Radical Islam is when Saudi Arabian courts sentence someone to thousands of lashes for espousing atheism.

Radical Islam is when a Sharia court sentences a woman to death for committing adultery.

There are many more examples, as we all know, and that is radical Islam.

What we're seeing in these attacks is not radical Islam, it's...
WEAPONIZED ISLAM

When someone straps a bomb to their body, and indiscriminately kills dozens of innocents for their beliefs -- that is a weaponized belief system.

The west needs to grow a pair and ratchet up the language and call it for what it is. This is a war for humanity, weaponized Islam versus the rest of the world.

There should have been a decisive and overwhelmingly violent response to an ISIS stronghold today, or within 24 hours. But we all know there won't be... and so does Weaponized Islam.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra
vi·o·lence
ˈvī(ə)ləns/
noun
behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.

van·dal·ism
ˈvandlˌizəm/
noun
action involving deliberate destruction of or damage to public or private property.

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun
the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

So, no vandalism does NOT equal violence, and so therefore vandalizing does NOT equal terrorism.
edit on 3/22/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/23/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Question before another question...
Are you not a muslim?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join