It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Islam is not coming to the US...it is already here

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

And it's being brought up in the same way Replublicans site the failings of Democrats whenever they're criticized and vice-versa, it has nothing to do with who is and isn't "allowed to be criticized".

Oh ok, now it's Republicans fault. Let me know when we're allowed to discuss Radical Islam.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I want to laugh at this hilarity of this but its too true to life.

TPTB loves to keep people living in fear.

From the Red scare to the Brown scare.

SMH.
edit on 22-3-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

And it's being brought up in the same way Replublicans site the failings of Democrats whenever they're criticized and vice-versa, it has nothing to do with who is and isn't "allowed to be criticized".

Oh ok, now it's Republicans fault. Let me know when we're allowed to discuss Radical Islam.

Wow.

I don't even know how to respond to how much you failed to comprehend that post.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Wow.

I don't even know how to respond to how much you failed to comprehend that post.

My failure to comprehend your thinking is in proportion to your ability to explain it.

Tell me more about radical Christianity.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Political correctness allows only for the criticism of Christianity, but refuses the same criticism to other religions.

I wholly disagree.

1. Political correctness exists on "both sides" of the mainstream. I'm not supposed to say that most Trump voters are stupid or point out that a disproportionate amount of them live in trailers, watch WWE and probably have sexual fantasies about close relatives ("if she wasn't my daughter!") either. I'm not supposed to call out even the most overt bigotry when I see it else I be condemned for "labeling" or "trying to silence free speech." Let's not forget that terms like "white guilt" and phrases like "pulling the race card" have been promoted for the express purpose of dismissing legitimate discussions either. If that's not political correctness, I don't know what is.

2. Where is this criticism of Christianity among politicians or in the media? I hear about it, I never see it. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?

3. What evidence is there that the "Left" (the American less-Right) has somehow silenced criticism of Muslims? Again, I hear about it all the time — and I mean all the time. It's the most popular discussion that nobody is capable of having apparently.
edit on 2016-3-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Wow.

My failure to comprehend your thinking is in proportion to your ability to explain it.

Ooh.

Good question.

Never heard of that before, I shall sit back with a beer and see what this is all about.

I'm off to google "radical Christianity" and see what comes up over the ages.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Wow.

You mean the people that burn down abortion clinics and kill the doctors that staff them? Or the slightly less radicalized ones who pass all sorts of laws to make it practically impossible to receive an abortion even when it's legal thereby forcing their beliefs on everyone else. Or maybe the runs running the "pray away the gay" camps, or the others that just try to beat away the gay.

Are they as bad as the radicalized Muslims? Not currently. But your notion that political correctness allows Christian criticism but not Islamic criticism is stupid. Christian radicals were brought up in the thread the same way...

And follow me on this one, this is the important bit.

They were brought up in the same way that Bad Democrats are Brought up during criticism of Republicans and (follow me again here) vice versa, to show that pricks exist in all walks of life, in every persuasion and typically is done to derail or deflate the commentary. It has nothing to do with political correctness.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Here. I just did this.

** for search engine neophytes: notice that the terms are in quotes so that Google returns results for those phrases and not results that contain both words separately.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

1. Political correctness exists on "both sides" of the mainstream. I'm not supposed to say that most Trump voters are stupid or point out that a disproportionate amount of them live in trailers, watch WWE and probably have sexual fantasies about close relatives ("if she wasn't my daughter!") either. I'm not supposed to call out even the most overt bigotry when I see it else I be condemned for "labeling" or "trying to silence free speech." Let's not forget that terms like "white guilt" and phrases like "pulling the race card" have been promoted for the express purpose of dismissing legitimate discussions either. If that's not political correctness, I don't know what is.

2. Where is this criticism of Christianity among politicians or in the media? I hear about it, I never see it. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?

3. What evidence is there that the "Left" (the American less-Right) has somehow silenced criticism of Muslims? Again, I hear about it all the time — and I mean all the time. It's the most popular discussion that nobody is capable of having apparently.

1. You're not supposed to make claims like that because they are untrue, not because they offend people. With the other side, it is the truth that offends them, not the untruth. For instance the gender pay gap, and the so-called religion of peace. Political Correctness subverts truth in the favor of preserving certain feelings. There are books on the subject if you ever wish to take a look.

2. Maybe the time has passed, but it was quite in vogue during the 17th to 19th century. There are plenty of books on the matter.

3. Criticism of Islam, not necessarily Muslims just to be sure. The dis-invitation from speaking events by people such as Bill Mahr and Ayan Hirsi Ali for "bigotry", for instance. The media for applauding Ben Afflek for scolding Sam Harris's criticism as "racist and gross". All of this at the expense of truth.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You mean the people that burn down abortion clinics and kill the doctors that staff them? Or the slightly less radicalized ones who pass all sorts of laws to make it practically impossible to receive an abortion even when it's legal thereby forcing their beliefs on everyone else. Or maybe the runs running the "pray away the gay" camps, or the others that just try to beat away the gay.

No the subject is regarding the "throw homosexuals from minarets" sort. You know, the sort that beheads dissenters, sorcerers, adulterers and apostates, in the public of their holy land, and the kind that hates the Jewish people and infidels. Yes, the very people who strap bombs to women and children and send them into populated areas. That's the radicalism under scrutiny here.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
I'm not saying anything but..... so is radical Christian religions. And to add so is trump.

So what scares you more? Radical Christian dude with a mullet?

OR

Radical Islamist dude with a machete?

Valid question, don't split hairs...what is your bias please.

Personally I would deport Dearborn Michigan for starters.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

"Not sure what the U.S. has to do with Palestinians and Israelis"...

The U.S. was the first nation to recognize Israel as a nation at the U.N.
Muslims' believe that the U.S.A. is the great satan and Israel is the little
satan.
Israel is under attack all the time.They even have to use 1/3 of their annual
budget defending their nation from these attacks.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

100% Nailed it on the head!

People are terrified of falsly being labeled racist by these whiners in society.
I miss the days when shows like " All the family" and the "Jeffersons" were reality.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

1. You're not supposed to make claims like that because they are untrue, not because they offend people. With the other side, it is the truth that offends them, not the untruth. For instance the gender pay gap, and the so-called religion of peace. Political Correctness subverts truth in the favor of preserving certain feelings. There are books on the subject if you ever wish to take a look.

"Political Correctness subverts truth in the favor of preserving certain feelings." I agree and there's a fair chance I've read one or two of the same books. I don't believe that anything I said should reasonably be construed otherwise?

I didn't choose my examples completely at random either:

New York Times - The Geography of Trumpism

The 10 Variables Most Closely Linked to a County’s Support for Donald Trump

Mobile homes living in a mobile home 0.54

While far from precise, what the authors have done is to take the percentage of the Trump primary votes in a county and multiplied it by the 2012 Presidential votes that went to the GOP. So if a county had 100,000 voters, 50,000 of them voted for the GOP in 2012 and Trump won 50% of the vote, that would count as 25,000 likely Trump voters. I assume they did this because they couldn't readily obtain the per county counts from the primaries and only the percentages (I could be wrong, it's not my study of course). The source for primary voting data appears to be Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections and the 2012 election data from the AP. Though looking at it now, the data on the Atlas seems to be complete from what I can see so I could probably do my own analysis.

At any rate, they then used various demographic data from the Census Bureau's American Community Survey and the Equality of Opportunity Project (big data projected headed by three Harvard economics professors). With these data sets, they were able to come up with indicators for likely Trump support.

The authors by the way were Neil Irwin and Joshua Katz

The upshot here is that if you are a voter living in a mobile home, there's a 54% chance that you're a Trump voter. I would call 54% disproportionate.

Therefore (as long as the authors' methodology was sound), statistical analysis substantiates the statement:

A disproportionate number of Trump supporters live in mobile homes.

Similarly, among whites male voters who haven't graduated high school, there's a 61% chance of supporting Trump.

So no, as I phrased them, those statements aren't strictly untrue (except the incest bit which I threw in for added sensationalism — and what the hell, since we're painting with the largest brushes possible, it could be true), I would be using something that has some measure of truth to (deliberately) defame the whole of Trump's support.

Which as it turns out would probably only bolster the offended person's support for Trump. I don't know for sure but there might be a lesson to be learned there.

"I think Islam hates us. There is something -- there is something there that is a tremendous hatred there. There's a tremendous hatred. We have to get to the bottom of it. There's an unbelievable hatred of us."

-- Donald Trump, March 9 interview with Anderson Cooper

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Then you might have stated your numbers instead of making a hasty generalization.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Then you might have stated your numbers instead of making a hasty generalization.

I might have if I were actually making a statement but then again, who really has the time? We've got to get busy figuring out the answer to the Muslim Question after all!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: conz1992

Since you don't live in Africa and the MSM tends to ignore it... none.

But radical Islam is a threat to us right now, partly as a fallout from our meddling in the ME. No matter how much we helped cause it by killing innocent civilians in the ME in much larger numbers than they have inflicted on us and installing military puppet governments, it is a threat we need to protect against right now.

However, people are mistaken when they think there haven't been mass murders by other religions, including Christian in the last decade. It's just not threatening the US or Europe.
edit on 22-3-2016 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Maybe if they didn't indiscriminately kill Palestinians, take their land and water illegally continually, and put them in ghettos, they wouldn't have to spend a third of their budget defending against the people they are committing genocide on.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
so, all these terrorist attacks in the US, be they christian, muslim, or just crazies, where are they today?
are here any free walking the streets? are they dead, or in jail??

outside of the ones that blew themselves up, I have a feeling that most are either dead by law enforcement's hands, or sitting in jail, aren't they?

what more do you want us to do? we already can't talk on the phone, or sent a text message without it being intercepted and stored in some data bank somewhere, we can't get on a plane without risking being radiated or molested. all this insane fear propagation terrorism seems to be doing it removing our own rights... the borders are still pretty much left open, probably always will be, because well, big business wants plenty of immigrants to replace american workers at a cheaper wage. should we ban guns, knives, boxcutters, fertilizer and whatever else can be used to attack people?
and meanwhile, shall we discuss the work some are doing to weaken that separation of church and state, all the while proclaiming that since christianity is the majority religion in this country, it should have a special spot in our laws and gov't? okay, but then, since we have so many immigrants coming from so many different places, what happens when christianity is replaced as the majority religion, by well let's say islam.... if they become the majority religion, should they not also replace christianity's special spot in the laws and gov't and institute sharia law?

we have the constitution and the laws to protect us from the worst of the religious radicals, and it seems that the biggest threat to those aren't radical islamists but rather americans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join