It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz calls for patrols of Muslim neighborhoods

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

a reply to: BubbaJoe

I posted reports showing no-go zones across Europe, across numerous countries.

You've ignored all of it. Refuted none of it.

Know who else ignored it, even mocked it? Belgium.

That worked out well.

You posted an article from an islamaphobe web site, you have a man on the ground in an area you defined, and he is denying the information, at least in his area. The reports have been debunked elsewhere, would you like me to go find a site against Christian extremists, and use that against, white anglo saxon Christians.

So you admit to not following the links, the sources and attempting to refute them? Figures.

As I said, start with the Berlin Police Chief in the German publication. Tell me how he's wrong.

Without you worldly knowledge, I would have no idea if he was quoted correctly in a German publication. I refuse to live my life in fear, unlike some, and will continue to do my job, pay my bills, and take care of my family, while not asking for the rights of others to be taken away.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Maybe the only way to motivate the Muslim community to deal with their extremist brothers is to oppress the entire community until they decide tonact.

If we have to deal with it than so do they.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Maybe the only way to motivate the Muslim community to deal with their extremist brothers is to oppress the entire community until they decide tonact.

If we have to deal with it than so do they.

Maybe, by your logic, we should do the same with Christian extremists.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

So you can't refute any of it.

Then argue a strawman. I'm not living in fear nor has any of this effected by daily duties.

More liberal deflection here.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

That worked out well.

You posted an article from an islamaphobe web site, you have a man on the ground in an area you defined, and he is denying the information, at least in his area. The reports have been debunked elsewhere, would you like me to go find a site against Christian extremists, and use that against, white anglo saxon Christians.

The only thing I am ignoring is your ignorant fear mongering, unfortunately, at least one of the bombers was a Belgium citizens, or at least Turkey returned him to Belgium. Just like the San Bernadino shooters, one of them was an American citizen. You seem to be willing to violate other's rights, but think yours should be sacred. Hypocritical by any common standards of intelligence.

I live in the UK - currently in the midlands and previously in both east and west London. The midlands (Birmingham and some surrounding areas) is a major area of Muslim immigration and so is London. As I said there are certainly areas that I would feel uncomfortable in and I am not white. As for the police, it's not one news source, but most of them that picked up the story of police officers confirming that there are areas where they are afraid to go, or have to alter their approach before entering.

I live in the midwest United States, and honestly have no idea what you are facing. There are places in my home town of Kansas City, Missouri, that I am sure that Police Officers would not like to visit, and the whole racial profiling thing takes on a whole new meaning.

I am arguing against painting all muslims with the extremist brush, as well as any other racial or ethnic group.

Agreed - the problem exists with a minority, although as our own Prime Minister said in a fairly recent speech, the Muslim community does not come forward to out radicals enough. The prime Minister even accused parents directly of fostering anti western hate.

There are areas of London that are overwhelmingly Muslim and these areas are sometimes claimed as Muslim zones. This claim includes enforcing their own laws, with intimidation and violence if you pass through dressed the wrong way, looking as if you might be gay, drinking alcohol, or even holding hands with your wife/girlfriend. One US student recently got beaten up and facially deformed because he was drinking in public.

These things are happening and its just wrong to try and bury it because we want to be nice. I would say the violent events seem to be declining since 2014 - at least they are not being reported.

I can fully understand why a policeman on his own would be scared entering these zones.
edit on 23/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

So you can't refute any of it.

Then argue a strawman. I'm not living in fear nor has any of this effected by daily duties.

More liberal deflection here.

No liberal nothing, your talking points are very old and jaded. Live your life and stop fear mongering in hopes of removing civil rights from those that don't believe as you do. I have no idea what strawman you are living with, but common sense has escaped from your arguments.

I do not live in fear, but am going to go on the internet, and try to incite fear against the brown man that worships a different god than I do, across an ocean that I have probably never crossed and have no intention to, because I am afraid. Your arguments are a sieve and hold no water.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

That worked out well.

The only thing I am ignoring is your ignorant fear mongering, unfortunately, at least one of the bombers was a Belgium citizens, or at least Turkey returned him to Belgium. Just like the San Bernadino shooters, one of them was an American citizen. You seem to be willing to violate other's rights, but think yours should be sacred. Hypocritical by any common standards of intelligence.

I live in the UK - currently in the midlands and previously in both east and west London. The midlands (Birmingham and some surrounding areas) is a major area of Muslim immigration and so is London. As I said there are certainly areas that I would feel uncomfortable in and I am not white. As for the police, it's not one news source, but most of them that picked up the story of police officers confirming that there are areas where they are afraid to go, or have to alter their approach before entering.

I live in the midwest United States, and honestly have no idea what you are facing. There are places in my home town of Kansas City, Missouri, that I am sure that Police Officers would not like to visit, and the whole racial profiling thing takes on a whole new meaning.

I am arguing against painting all muslims with the extremist brush, as well as any other racial or ethnic group.

Agreed - the problem exists with a minority, although as our own Prime Minister said in a fairly recent speech, the Muslim community does not come forward to out radicals enough. The prime Minister even accused parents directly of fostering anti western hate.

There are areas of London that are overwhelmingly Muslim and these areas are sometimes claimed as Muslim zones. This claim includes enforcing their own laws, with intimidation and violence if you pass through dressed the wrong way, looking as if you might be gay, drinking alcohol, or even holding hands with your wife/girlfriend. One US student recently got beaten up and facially deformed because he was drinking in public.

These things are happening and its just wrong to try and bury it because we want to be nice. I would say the violent events seem to be declining since 2014 - at least they are not being reported.

I can fully understand why a policeman on his own would be scared entering these zones.

We don't seem to have a large muslim population here, but we have whites killed by blacks, blacks killed by whites, gays killed by straights, and unfortunately transgendered folks being killed by everyone. It happens in all large cities, and London is far larger than Kansas City, but we cannot let this paint entire communities, races, ethnic groups, or religions with a broad brush.

Laws need to be enforced, and justice needs to be blind.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: Wardaddy454

But what if the psychological effect of an overzealous, oppressive, police state-style presence only results in more death, and more radicalization? Except in rare cases, do police even ever prevent crime, let alone terrorism? I could be wrong, but it seems that is the most likely result.
You apparently have a better alternative...I will be glad to hear it...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The best way is to stop sending arms to Saudis and let know we wont be using their blood oil.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

That worked out well.

The belgians have a law for no police raids after 9pm.

It might disturb the people.

I bet they might rethink that one.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Funny how this can easily expand to any group that would be opposed to Cruz.Think about it he gets any criticism he can send patrols to stamp out any dissent.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

That worked out well.

We don't seem to have a large muslim population here, but we have whites killed by blacks, blacks killed by whites, gays killed by straights, and unfortunately transgendered folks being killed by everyone. It happens in all large cities, and London is far larger than Kansas City, but we cannot let this paint entire communities, races, ethnic groups, or religions with a broad brush.

Laws need to be enforced, and justice needs to be blind.

All true, but doesn't really address the issue of the day.

The problem being faced right now is how to manage the large inflow of Muslims into Europe. Proper integration, screening and monitoring how this is all going seems sensible and it's a simple fact that we have to be careful of letting in terrorists from the same region these refugees are coming from, terrorists openly saying they want to kill us.

By adding millions of muslims to countries where there are already problems causes a threat - we already have sharia law being legitimized in the UK, outside our own national laws.

If Western Europe was facing a huge influx of white Russians into their countries, the conversation would be about white Russians.
edit on 24/3/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
I'm ok with hurting someones feelings if it means preventing death

Yep. Profiling has worked for Israeli airports. No hijackings since like 1968. It sucks to be the profiled, but it's a small price to pay if they really care about safety. It's funny, Muslims throw hissy fits when they're the minority in a western country and feel persecuted. Yet, if someone went to a ME country and were a minority, they would be no doubt put to death if they made a stink about it. If they would be a Christian in a predominately Muslim country, they're treated a lot worse than vice-versa.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

That's one of the least well thought out things I've heard you say onequestion

What about our extremist brothers? What's our responsibility to this world look like?

Or, here's another idea - how about we recognize that terrorism comes in many forms and originates in thousands of different places? Instead of segregating the brotherhood of mankind into enclaves of good and bad, instead we recognize the obvious? We could work at uniting instead of dividing and tackle this together

But, I'm just a ******* hippy - what could I possibly know about right and wrong?

Ghettos, torture and nothing but glass from Morocco to Indonesia - our future's so bright I gotta wear shades

edit on 3/24/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

For a man as apparently well educated in the formal sense as Ted Cruz is ( Princeton, Harvard Law) this is an incredibly dumb idea. He might just look at what effect the special focus of police forces across the country on African-American neighborshoods has produced; immense division and alienation between African American neigborhoods and not only the police but other communities in their cities and locales. Moreover, a culture has grown up in this style of policing that too often results in routine shootings/killings/murders of unarmed African Americans. Go back and take a look @ those CPD cops killing that kid on the street in Chicago; they were casual about it as if it was standard operating procedure.

No singling Muslim communities out for special police attention Senator Cruz is exactly what we should not do.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Really? Where did you prove this source factually incorrect and worthless?

source

I'm supposed to take your word over the Berlin Police Chief Superintendent because of a few walks you've taken in London?

You've now crossed over from misinformed into trolling.

I live in London. Have done almost all my life. So that gives me no small amount of knowledge about the city that I damn well live in. You seem to be desperate to discount my knowledge of the area. So who's trolling now?
edit on 24-3-2016 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Small price to pay for safety.

When does it get too high? I'm very curious to know. We aren't Israel. We are not surrounded by countries that have, more than once, tried to destroy us. I very much doubt Canada, outside of hockey, wishes to do so. Or Mexico...not even the cartels, where would they sell their product?

Where do you draw the line?

I draw it at NEVER. If we sacrifice some freedom for safety, which freedoms will follow after that? ...and after that? All in the name of keeping us safe, of course...until we aren't, so another freedom goes the way of the dodo.

Where should we start?

Freedom of assembly? Gee, there goes that pesky Freedom of religion. That's the first amendment...not wasting any time

By golly, the sixth amendment's taken a hit, too. Guilty without trial. Cruz has gone for this one, seems to me.

The fourteenth amendment, too, is badly damaged. Due process. Wow, Cruz is here, too.

Which other group should be watched? Me? Since I can, when sufficiently riled, be very vocal in my condemnation of the Govt.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Thank you for understanding the issues and not incoherently screaming in terror and panicking as Ted Cruz seems to want.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I try. Don't always succeed, but I try.

No "no go areas" in London?

Just teasin'.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I feel the only reason Cruz said that was to try to win Votes, which he won't get.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join