It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triton Gills!!! It's Finally Produced!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Fake

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Here is an update, OP...

www.techinsider.io...

Seems like Indiegogo is the place to be for scammers, because even if they don't reach their funding goals they still get the money. You guys just made some thieves happy.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
Here is an update, OP...

www.techinsider.io...

Seems like Indiegogo is the place to be for scammers, because even if they don't reach their funding goals they still get the money. You guys just made some thieves happy.

From your link:

"In concept it sounds very good and it's very exciting," Pollock tells Tech Insider, but "I would not encourage anyone pulling out a wallet."

This is what I mentioned before. The concept seems to make sense -- but then people begin falling for the concept, and say "shut up and take my money!" based solely on the concept and not based on whether it technically works or not.

A lot of quack salesmen sold a lot of snake oil with the same kind of pitch: make it sound at least plausible, and some people will throw money at you.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Just an update on this. I have been following this device, even though it seemed to be physically impossible. As an inventor myself, I am used to be ridiculed for some of my devices that professionals do not believe works, and are stupified when they see it in action. Due tp the fact that I do not have the financial resources to get my stuff certified and into production, as well as the red tape, my stuff will remain curiosities that I use myself. So I know how hard it is to convince the experts of something.

However, in this case there was a lot that wasnt been told, and after some pressure, Triton has admitted that it needs a liquid oxygen cartridge and are refunding people.
Pity, maybe in the future....

Since launching we have been protecting our proprietary technology because it’s so important to our success, but after careful consideration we think it’s important to share these details and clarify how the device works. Inside of each Triton, the artificial gills utilize “liquid oxygen”, which combined with the other components allow users to breathe underwater, which you can see in the video above. We will release more information about the ‘liquid oxygen’ cylinders and safety strap.

From indiego

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellhound604
Triton has admitted that it needs a liquid oxygen cartridge and are refunding people.

Funny how none of the cut away drawings show this "liquid oxygen" cartridge.... so where is it hidden?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
ok - just to show how stupid they [ triton scam ] are [ and think thier audience are ] :

12 minuites of utter twaddle

point one - the absence of any change in position of the model or camera angle indicate the possibility of a external supply – tubed in to the scam prop from a off camera cylinder and regulator

the model never shows us his right ear or neckline – a theoretical tube could easily be routed in the hidden bit

point 2 - breathing rate - the " benchmark " metric for an adult = 25l / minuite [ assumes STP ,

the fitter you are - the lower the consumption at low exertion levels

but this guy is blowing bubbles at an Olympic level – so we will stick with 25 lpm

12 min at 25 lpm = 300l – that assumes air

And is actually consistent with his bubble blowing

But if [ BIG IF ] he is on pure O2 – he only needs 5lpm [ please don’t ask me to explain why ]

the expansion rate of liquid oxygen [ LOX ] = 1:861 . ie , one litre LOX boils to 861 l oxygen @ STP

so that’s 70cc of LOX to get him through the 12 min

the first problem is - if he is breathing pure oxygen - then his bubble rate is way too high

the second is storage and delivery – nither cryonic or pressure vessels scale well at miniturised levels

yes – the scam prop could contain a vessel holding 70cc of a liquid – but building a LOX vessel into that form factor would be a engineering masterpiece

never mind delivering gas at a temp that could be breathed safely

lastly – the vital bit – actual evidence . here is a vid ` plucked from the ether `

Showing a typical swimming pool lesson for novice SCUBA divers – the only thing you need to take note of = breathing rate and bubble density

The idiot in the triton scam version 1.01 is not breathing oxygen

i cannot prove most of my points just from a review of a vid - but i have extensive experience of SCUBA and SCBA kit - and thier operation

and that vid screams bovine excrement

my claim – a scam fed by a hidden external airtank

fook you triton scam

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I want one of these seem these yesterday, can't wait till they are available

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt

Read the threads here, you will see they are just a scam!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt

Don't hold your breath.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

i would actually advise anyone who believes in this scam to hold thier breath till thier triton " gill " arrives

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I was trying not to be that cruel.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellhound604
Just an update on this. I have been following this device, even though it seemed to be physically impossible. As an inventor myself, I am used to be ridiculed for some of my devices that professionals do not believe works, and are stupified when they see it in action. Due tp the fact that I do not have the financial resources to get my stuff certified and into production, as well as the red tape, my stuff will remain curiosities that I use myself. So I know how hard it is to convince the experts of something.

However, in this case there was a lot that wasnt been told, and after some pressure, Triton has admitted that it needs a liquid oxygen cartridge and are refunding people.
Pity, maybe in the future....

Since launching we have been protecting our proprietary technology because it’s so important to our success, but after careful consideration we think it’s important to share these details and clarify how the device works. Inside of each Triton, the artificial gills utilize “liquid oxygen”, which combined with the other components allow users to breathe underwater, which you can see in the video above. We will release more information about the ‘liquid oxygen’ cylinders and safety strap.

From indiego

To be viable the oxygen STILL NEEDS to enter the lungs in sufficient quantity.
The evidence does not support that this is the case.

I am willing to bet that this is just another "damage control" explanation which will prove to be a lie.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thunderf00t (aka Phil Mason) posted a video on April 4th, 2016 debunking several aspects of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join