It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triton Gills!!! It's Finally Produced!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Apparently the key is to claim you have some advanced technology like this magical underwater breather (including a 30x smaller battery that charges 100X times faster than any other batteries) but don't release the patent or specs to anyone. It is 2016, any and all magical stuff is scientifically possible... but you may need to 3D print a physical 'prototype', and make some fake videos, and claim it works.

There you go.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
This product has been proven to work,

I believe this Concept will expand to other useful devices, such as....quick example are Firefighters.

originally posted by: hellobruce

You really do not know how it is supposed to work, do you!

I think he means underwater firefighters....
edit on 23/3/16 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Sorry this is complete rubbish - anyone who scuba dives knows that when someone exhales they release a hell of a lot more bubbles with each breath than he is in the video on the site....

Also watch his breathing pattern when he's swimming - its highly irregular because he is holding his breath and only releasing a but of air to simulate him exhaling and "breathing"...

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think it was Deep Sea News that calculated for this thing to work, it would need filter about 25 gallons of water... a minute. Which isn't happening. There are a ton of holes in this product. Awesome if they could invent such a device.. but not happening for a while. No way their tiny battery could power what that would need to do.. for 45 minutes. And it couldn't do it anyways.

I love diving.. but stuck with the big tanks still. : )

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I am inclined not to believe this, but there is the possibility that they can actually achieve what they claim. I will remain skeptical until further evidence in favor of the claims are provided.

I have seen a few instances where people claimed some invention was impossible and it was proven to be possible even manufactured. They say they will deliver Dec this year so I will wait and see.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
...but there is the possibility that they can actually achieve what they claim.

No, there really isn't.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I have seen a few instances where people claimed some invention was impossible and it was proven to be possible even manufactured.

Such as what exactly?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I have seen a few instances where people claimed some invention was impossible and it was proven to be possible even manufactured.

Such as what exactly?

Here you go:

Independent expert confirms that the "impossible" EM Drive actually works

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Such as what exactly?

Here you go:

Independent expert confirms that the "impossible" EM Drive actually works

You "forgot" this little bit....

"I noted in [the study’s] conclusion paragraphs that [Tajmar’s] apparatus was producing hundreds of micro-Newtons of thrust when it got very hot and that his measuring instrumentation is not very accurate when the apparatus becomes hot," Davis told io9. "He also stated that he was still recording thrust signals even after the electrical power was turned off which is a huge key clue that his thrust measurements are all systematic artifact false positive thrust signals."

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

That must be why NASA is spending time and money making their own: link

Would you prefer any one of the following instead?

~ The Electric Lightbulb: said to be "unworthy of the attention of practical or scientific men."
~ A/C: Said to be: "Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever."
~ The Personal Computer: "We have reached the limits of what is possible with computers." 1949 John Von Neumann
~ TV: "While theoretically and technically television may be feasible, commercially and financially it is an impossibility, a development of which we need waste little time dreaming. "

I mean honestly, you've never heard of an invention that was said to be impossible and was then proven to be possible even manufactured?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

you've never heard of an invention that was said to be impossible and was then proven to be possible even manufactured?

None of them were said to be impossible...

How about quoting what John von Neumann actually said, instead of cutting it!

It would appear that we have reached the limits of what it is possible to achieve with computer technology, although one should be careful with such statements, as they tend to sound pretty silly in 5 years. John von Neumann

www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

None of them were said to be impossible...

~ "A rocket will never be able to leave the Earth's atmosphere."

The New York Times, January 13, 1920. The Times offered a retraction on July 17, 1969, as Apollo 11 was on its way to the moon.

~ "What can be more palpably absurd than the prospect held out of locomotives traveling twice as fast as stagecoaches?"

The Quarterly Review, March, 1825.

~ "Well-informed people know that it is impossible to transmit the human voice over wires as may be done with dots and dashes of Morse code, and that, were it possible to do so, the thing would be of no practical value."

Unidentified Boston newspaper, 1865.
Quoted in Jehl, Francis (1936). Menlo Park Reminiscences (1st edition ed.). Dearborn, Michigan: Edison Institute. pp. unidentified page (of 430).
Re-quoted in Gregory, Richard Langton (1994). "What Use Is a Jelly Baby?". Even Odder Perceptions. Routledge. pp. p. 18.

~ Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible.
Lord Kelvin (1824-1907), ca. 1895, British mathematician and physicist

We can do this all night if you'd like? Do you honestly think not a single invention ever made had ever had naysayers?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

We can do this all night if you'd like?

What, you quoting false quotations!
edit on 24-3-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

We can do this all night if you'd like?

What, you quoting false quotations!

No, I just care very little about this argument so I'm just googling "inventions that were said to be impossible" and picking the first link and the first quote

Once again, do you honestly think that not a single invention in history has ever been said to be impossible?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

"the machine
that we built
would never save us"
thats what they say
(thats why they aint coming with us today)
and they also said
"its impossible for man
to live and breath underwater..
forever" was their main complaint
(yeah)
and they also threw this in my face:
they said
anyway
you know good well
it would be beyond the will of God
and the grace of the King
(grace of the King yeah yeah)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I had to star you just for the 'Jimi Hendrix - 1983...'

That's gotta mess with the kids heads!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

That's the name of the song.
It was written a good while before that. Obviously.
edit on 3/24/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Jimmy knew all about secrets he was a good soldier...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle
Jimi was in the 101st, after all. But apparently wasn't so good at it.

But then what would you expect from a visitor from an asteroid off the coast of Mars?

edit on 3/24/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Ghost147, it is completely possible to create a device that collects dissolved oxygen from water, and humans to use that oxygen to breath underwater.

However, the device would have to process 25 to 50 gallons of water per minute at 100% efficiency. We all know 100% efficiency is not feasible, so in reality it would have to process probably more than 100 gallons of water per minute. That is of course if the water source has a stable amount of dissolved oxygen in it, which we all know just doesn't happen naturally. So you would probably have to process even more than 100 gallons per minute, just to get enough oxygen .

Just so you know, this is what 50 to 60 gallons per minute looks like:

Here is 100 gallons per minute:

Sorry, but no tiny device with a battery not much larger than a 9 volt battery is going to pump that much water through that device, and compress the air it gets from magically uncloggable filters. Nor can your diaphragm ever be strong enough to allow you to inhale and exhale that much water through that device.

It may be possible with a huge machine, but not this little battery powered device. Maybe if you pump oxygen bubbles into the water, maaayybe... but no...

It is impossible with the device that is shown, not impossible ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join