It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triton Gills!!! It's Finally Produced!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
a reply to: SirKonstantin

The math and physics don't change over years... sorry... this product is a fake and impossible.

More on how its ridiculous:
www.smithsonianmag.com...

AGAIN!!! KEEP YOUR SOURCES CURRENT

By Tuan C. Nguyen smithsonian.com January 22, 2014

Double Mic Drop*

edit on nd58Tue, 22 Mar 2016 15:58:34 -0500K201633431pm3 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Man, there are a lot of skeptics here.

Yeah. I make it a point to investigate claims about a product prior to believing the claims about a product. Silly me.

The technical information provided by Triton sounds like it makes sense in concept (i.e., the general concept is that it extracts the oxygen gas dissolved in normal water), but looking closely at the specifications and detailed claims, some doubts arise as to how the thing can actually work as claimed.

edit on 3/22/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

The math and physics don't change over years... sorry... this product is a fake and impossible.

By Tuan C. Nguyen smithsonian.com January 22, 2014

Double Mic Drop*

OK, so what did Triton do new to solve the old problems brought up in those old sources? How did they get past the problem that 24 gallons of water per minute would need to pass through the breather in order to extract enough breathable air?

The technical information on the Tritan website didn't address that specifically (at least I didn't see it), but it seems you have some knowledge that they DID resolve that issue. Can you explain what they are doing now with this newer technology product to get past that issue (and provide specific links from which you got your explanatory information)?

edit on 3/22/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

If he had any valuable information on how they defeated the impossible physics, he wouldn't be resorting to comparing time stamps of comments as if they had any significance.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I just posted today 3/22/2016 .. I am the source. The math stands...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Cool tech!!! Wait...

...I knew I saw this before

edit on 22-3-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's projected to be available in December. Right now it's being crowd-funded. So, umm, don't hold your breath.

Well played, schuyler...well played. LOL

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

What makes you think the numbers are wrong? Or have the physics changed?

Those unable to understand the numbers think it will work, others know it will not.
edit on 22-3-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Inhaling pure oxygen can cause problems with the brain but cut it with 5% CO2 and no problem.

Ronald Harper, a neurobiology professor at UCLA, conducted observations on a group of healthy teenagers breathing various gas mixes using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI). His findings showed that in some subjects the pure O2 caused the brain to go clinically bonkers. Brain structures such as the hippocampus, the insula, and the cingulate cortex all displayed an adverse reaction; they in turn spurred the hypothalamus, the body’s main regulatory gland, into a fervor. The hypothalamus regulates a myriad of things, including heart rate, body temperature, and is the master of a variety of other glands. The introduction of pure oxygen prompts the hypothalamus to flood the body with a cocktail of hormones and neurotransmitters which serve to hamper heart rate, and further reduce the circulatory system’s effectiveness. But Harper also found that by adding a mere 5% CO2, all the detrimental effects found in pure oxygen are negated.

Source

One would also need to know the oxygen levels in the water.

Beyond that this is a really cool devise

edit on 22-3-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

This product has been proven to work,

It has? How about showing us where that is properly demonstrated....

I believe this Concept will expand to other useful devices, such as....quick example are Firefighters.

You really do not know how it is supposed to work, do you!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I personally think it is a hoax /scam given the latest video released of it being "tested" a few days ago:

www.youtube.com...

I ask those of you watching to notice two things in this video. One, notice how the swimmer is blowing very convincing bubbles out of the device... at first. Then notice that once he stops blowing bubbles out, he moves from floating and bobbing near the surface to sinking down toward the bottom of the pool.

I used to do a similar trick when I was young, if I wanted to dive down to the bottom of the pool and stay there a bit without bobbing back up to the surface right away: I exhaled fully so I would sink.

Once the bubbles stop flowing out of his respirator he sinks to the bottom; if he were actually inhaling air from that device, he would naturally float back up to the surface due to the change in his buoyancy.

If they wanted to show everyone it actually working, why not shoot a continuous video of him underwater for a few unedited minutes? It's supposed to have a 45-minute battery life, after all. But instead they have a patched-together montage of him blowing bubbles and sinking for 20 or 30 seconds at a time.

I say they'll raise funds until they take the money and run, or it'll remain in development-limbo until interest is lost.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchAngel_X

Those bubbles are the result of the body releasing carbon dioxide which is a natural result of breathing.

We inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide.

The video you offered was about 2 minutes long which is well within the threshold of a healthy adult being able to stay under water unaided.

In principle based on the link provided the devise should be able to provide Oxygen to a human body underwater. But they do need to find a way to make some of the CO2 we release to be incorporated into the what a person is breathing.

That would make it safe.

In so far as anything else getting in their keep in mind that oxygen is an element so anything smaller than and oxygen atom could get in.

I would pay $400 as long as they provided a way to test the water of Oxygen and found a way to add 5% Carbon Dioxide to the mix.

It would also make for less bubbles.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

originally posted by: Ghost147
Man, there are a lot of skeptics here.

Yeah. I make it a point to investigate claims about a product prior to believing the claims about a product. Silly me.

The technical information provided by Triton sounds like it makes sense in concept (i.e., the general concept is that it extracts the oxygen gas dissolved in normal water), but looking closely at the specifications and detailed claims, some doubts arise as to how the thing can actually work as claimed.

I wasn't making a point that we shouldn't be skeptical, just making an observation that a bunch have jumped in the topic

Nevertheless, I have read the physics issues regarding the concept, and they were of the first design concepts from Triton.

Here's a comment from the creators regarding the very issues about the physics from indiegogo

Unfortunately we won't be able to look at the tech specs until the patents are signed

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

It's an old hoax that was nothing more than an undergraduates D&T project that defies basic physics.

Show me actual verifiable data that says otherwise.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Hmm, yes. Go ahead and pay your fool's tax by investing in this vapourware.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Oh wow, I guess if the people begging for money claim they have a full working prototype it MUST be true!

That gave YouTube videos, I tells ya, YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

More to the point, if they had a working prototype, any beef for money on the fool's errand that is most kickstarters?

Oh yeah because it's obviously bollocks.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
SORDAC looked into this long ago, and you have to move so much water past the separation membranes that it's noisy and has short battery life.

There's not enough dissolved oxygen for mammals.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
A well known scheme:

Step 1: Sign up for alibaba

Step 2: Find products that look cool that aren't being sold here

Step 3: Start a crowdfunding site to "raise money"

I've seen people called out on it...selling things like neat little unique drones that someone ended up finding on alibaba.

So beware of crowdfunding sites, there are A LOT of scammers.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
SORDAC looked into this long ago, and you have to move so much water past the separation membranes that it's noisy and has short battery life.

There's not enough dissolved oxygen for mammals.

But...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join