It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triton Gills!!! It's Finally Produced!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yes! Yes! OMG Yes!

For All You Gadget Freaks & Dooms Day Prep-ers, I Present the Triton Gill LINK

A STATE OF THE ART OXYGEN RESPIRATOR
that allows you to breathe underwater by utilizing our ‘artificial gills’ technology. Swim among tropical fish, marvel at exotic coral and experience the serene beauty of marine life − without having to come up for air. Welcome to Triton.

With Triton there’s no heavy equipment, complicated safety procedures or training. It's easy to use, and no longer than a snorkel. Gently bite into the mouthpiece, breathe normally, and enjoy a sense of underwater freedom unavailable until now. Just imagine exploring gin-clear waters, alongside tropical fish, without bulky equipment or having to surface for air.

ENJOY MY FELLOW GADGET NERDS!

edit on nd18Tue, 22 Mar 2016 14:18:45 -0500K201634531pm3 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I bet as the technology gets better it's battery life / depth limitations will get better as well

A fully-charged battery enables to 45 minutes of underwater pleasure. And with a maximum depth 15 feet

Quite the nifty invention. Thanks for sharing - i really want one but the price is out of my range

The science behind it:

The holes of the threads are smaller than water molecules, they keep water out and let oxygen in. The micro compressor then extracts and stores the oxygen – allowing you to breathe naturally and revel in your underwater freedom.

We are using a very powerful modified micro compressor, it compresses oxygen and stores the extracted oxygen in a storage tank. The micro compressor operates through a powerful modified lithium-ion battery.

edit on 22-3-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

TOTALLY AWESOME !!!!!!!

If I can think of a real science fiction style break-through - this would be one of those.

Now I can just sit and meditate on a sea bed, with deep blue thoughts. Float around like a dolphin.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
For me, the ideal system would combine this with a traditional tank to allow storage of excess oxygen. I don't think I could trust a perpetual on-demand source of oxygen whilst underwater.

Call me crazy... call me an O2 junkie... I like my SCUBA redundant.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I've been watching this product for the past several years now. I'm very happy to see they finally have a release date picked.

45 minutes is an exceptional amount of time considering the average new scuba diver takes between 45 min to use up a single tank at 10 meters (33 feet), and that's on a 12L, 200-bar tank.

The Tritongill goes to 4.5 meters (15 feet) which is plenty of depth to see all sorts of ocean and lake life.

I am definitely picking a few up when I have the funds to do so

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrikeyMagnet
For me, the ideal system would combine this with a traditional tank to allow storage of excess oxygen. I don't think I could trust a perpetual on-demand source of oxygen whilst underwater.

Call me crazy... call me an O2 junkie... I like my SCUBA redundant.

Yes but at a depth of 15 feet, a loss of oxygen isn't exactly a terrible thing.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
And perhaps you should consider the dissolved oxygen in water. In particular the amount of it.

Some have mentioned that you need to 90 litres of water per minute to extract enough oxygen. Not to mention that breating pure oxygen is not a good idea.
Scuba divers breathe compressed air and sometimes a mixture with about 35% oxygen.

edit on 22-3-2016 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Old hoax is old.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hm. Only 45 minutes of under water time...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

It's here at last!!! Not something I can spend $500 for a pair on yet, but I'm not interested in 1st-Generation, new-release anyhow. I'm just glad they're here and in a few years I'll probably be able to get a signficantly more BA version for even less money.

When I first clicked on the "Order" button, I saw their fundraising goal # of close to $500k and it made me
, but then I saw the pricing below and went

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Hm. Only 45 minutes of under water time...

As I mentioned before, that is roughly the same amount of time as a new scuba diver uses on a standard 12L tank at 10 Meters.

So the length of time is more than reasonable

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

This is really cool!

Just thought I would post the source for everyone.
OP Source

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CrikeyMagnet

one reason why it's limited to a depth of 15 feet, any deeper and emergency situations wouldn't allow you to get to the surface in time.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Old hoax is old.

Please provide more information. I'm seeing conflicting information - namely that it was just a concept, but that they've (allegedly) created a working prototype since. I guess we won't really know for certain until people start getting them in their hands (and moufs), but, well, your 12-letter post pretty much went unnoticed.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Old hoax is old.

Please provide more information. I'm seeing conflicting information - namely that it was just a concept, but that they've (allegedly) created a working prototype since. I guess we won't really know for certain until people start getting them in their hands (and moufs), but, well, your 12-letter post pretty much went unnoticed.

Pay him no attention dogstar23. This is NO hoax and it Can be purchased...(see below)

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

This is really cool!

Just thought I would post the source for everyone.
OP Source

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It's projected to be available in December. Right now it's being crowd-funded. So, umm, don't hold your breath.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Remarkable technology but why does it only function to 15 feet of depth? Needs to be improved somewhat in any later models produced.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Old hoax is old.

Perhaps some science will help?

To absorb oxygen you need to send the oxygen towards the blood stream.
That happens in the lungs.
To reach enough of the lung surface to absorb enough oxygen you need a substantial amount of air. The Tidal Volume in a single breath is about .5 litres.
An adult takes about 15 breaths per minute.
Of course breathing pure oxygen means that you can survive with a smaller volume.
It does, however, need to reach the lungs.

And then you need to get enough extracted from the water.

And then we haven't touched on the subject of Oxygen toxicity.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's projected to be available in December. Right now it's being crowd-funded. So, umm, don't hold your breath.

Ahhhhhh, I see what you did there

This product has been proven to work, sell, & will lead into the future for tank-less breathable mechanics.
I believe this Concept will expand to other useful devices, such as....quick example are Firefighters. AND for
Any environment in which you may need to breath air for emergency purposes too (another quick example, although soon to become irrelevant (but not disrespecting), are SeaWorld performers)

Regards,

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Let's assume for a minute that this is a real and working product (something of which I am skeptical), my first question would be this:

If this breather (according to the technical literature) has holes that are large enough to allow the dissolved oxygen gas that is in water/seawater in to my lungs, but small enough to keep the water molecules out, then what else is able to get in through the holes? What other substances that may be dissolved in the water am I taking into my lungs? Is it anything bad?

edit on 3/22/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join