It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The failure of reasoning:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: auto3000

A statement being true or false cannot be known by physically looking at parts of the physical universe but yet, they can be known and referenced.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: auto3000
a reply to: Ghost147

Why do you think that a statement can only be true or false? there are facts of the matter and truth of the matter, what's the difference? they are not the same, and what makes them different?

Yes, they are in fact the same. If a Fact is indeed a fact, then it is the truth. The definitions I posted aren't my subjective opinion, that is how the English Dictionary defines Truth.

How about you show me objective evidence to show that Truth isn't fact in any way?

I commend you, seriously but even when you post definitions, those are concepts, are they conceptual by nature or physically perceivable by nature like forms of matter?

It's a language... We make up the definitions of the words. That's how language works. The word "red" isn't a natural term, it exists in nature, sure, but we make up the term and what it defines. Just like the word "Truth" and "Fact", which are synonymous with each other.

some things are conceivable but not conceptual by nature like the concept of walking: a person can physically walk but also think about walking.

"Thinking about walking" isn't walking. I can think about pink unicorns that are also invisible and have a specific density to their fur, that doesn't make it real or 'exist in nature through concept alone'.

A statement being true or false cannot be known by physically looking at parts of the physical universe but yet, they can be known and referenced.

Gravity Exists: True.

Look at that, I achieved the impossible.

and some things are purely conceptual only like absolutes, or better yet logical absolutes.

Jesus Christ... Will you get passed all this nonsense? You came here stating that "logical thinking isn't valuable". You came here stating that you have "The truth". I am beyond tired having to explain to you basic terminology and definitions in English. If you want to reject that reality to hold on to you obscure view of how things work, that's your decision.

You've got "The truth", let me where what it is. If your response is anything other that this apparent "truth" that defies all reasoning and knowledge we have gained thus far, then this will be the last response you'll receive from me.
edit on 25/3/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

wow....ok....truth is "actually the case, but not materially" this is what makes it factual...ok..do this for me, if you don't mind, how can you know an absolute? what's the criteria? I'm not getting into the God conclusion, because this is going to be pure logic.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

wow....ok....truth is "actually the case, but not materially" this is what makes it factual...ok..do this for me, if you don't mind, how can you know an absolute? what's the criteria? I'm not getting into the God conclusion, because this is going to be pure logic.

Yup... I'm done.

Enjoy your psychosis and delusion.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

smart guy, I don't blame you....I had to learn that way too.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join