It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy site using extortion to keep from going bankrupt

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There is this site. It's not ATS, but it's a lot like ATS in content. Most here know which one it is. They have adopted a last ditch strategy to keep from going under it seems. If you aren't a paying member of this site, they randomly ban you. If you are active, and make threads, they will ban you quicker. When you request unbanning (as in there was no valid reason for the initial action) you get this:

Your unban request was denied. We're sorry but the IP address you are using to access this website has been banned. If you wish to immediately bypass this ban, you can choose to become an upgraded member. Follow the instructions and links for this option on the "banned page" you receive when trying to view (THE OTHER SITE THAT WILL NOT BE NAMED). If you are already an upgraded member, you can log into your account from the ban page and you will be able to access the site immediately. If you choose not to become an upgraded member of (THE OTHER SITE THAT WILL NOT BE NAMED) you will have to wait for the ban to be lifted before you will be able to view this website. Please check back later.

There are only a couple reasons this would be used, and one of them is financial ruin.

So you have a site that is based on user generated content, and then you resort to extortion of those same members?

I think this is a good rule of thumb how NOT to run a conspiracy site. When it goes under, and it's on fire, I would gladly relive myself elsewhere so as not to disrupt the flames.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
It's not ATS

Ah hah ... you got me!! Made me look. LOL

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sounds really scummy, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those sites where half of the "content" is people posting animated .gifs of the same few things, and most of the other half is ignorant comments about Jews and Blacks. If it is, I'll do my own animated "Bravo" clap guy in my head.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

it's almost as if you have seen the site I speak of.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
And here we are, forced to watch two ads per day fixing the money problem...well, i hope it fixed it as i don't really want a subscription, or more ads.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Hmmm, what could it be? lol

I think I discovered ATS and that one around the same time. It was interesting - a lot of way far-out stuff, fun reads, but kind of funneled into the same stuff, with very little in the way of intelligent content. And Thank God(s) ATS doesn't allow random Anonymous posting as some do.

Stay strong ATS, I can live with ads!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

If its the one I'm thinking of its no wonder they're having trouble.
Only looked in once or twice.
Don't think I'll miss it if it goes.
It was like a juvenile version of ATS but with swearing and cartoons.
Kinda like Scooby Doo as proper paranormal research.
No sign-up for me.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I see it as a courtesy. Here, you were asked your opinion. there, you were jammed with a broomstick.
I'd gladly donate here for that one reason alone. And never, ever for that other site.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I have heard of this site for 5 years, and never felt the urge to click it, though some mistakes were made as some links does not show the name of the site, thereby i unwillingly clicked, only to feel rick rolled.

Oh thank you for not rick rolling me with any hidden link in your OP

edit on 22-3-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The difference is, adults run this website.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Ha, I remember one time, I argued a point so well (in defense of people of color), they thought I was white, claiming a person of color couldn't possibly construct an argument in such a persuasive way. Ridiculous site, full of racists and barely any content now that the election as started and everyone is brainwashed with this Trump Phenomena. Hopefully ATS does not succumb to the Trump Fever.

I checked that site recently and at one point there were 8 threads on Trump at the top. Not threads highlighting new information. 75% of the threads given top priority were just praise threads for Trump. That is not even counting the amount of threads that were not given top priority. Sickening.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

I think at this point, Trump is tired of Trump. I damn sure know I am.
I think it's just a testament to the pool maintenance here.

They aren't afraid of using a little chlorine in the gene pool. I like that.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You haven't even begun to go down the rabbit hole. It's not extortion. It's data-mining.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
According to this little gem, the owner has more money than he can handle...

EDIT: a quick search tells me that the owner was born in 1967, and not 1974 as the article says so take it for what it's worth.

Hello all: I am _____, and am the owner and administrator of a website...______. SNIP... I am wealthy, and do not need additional money. For this reason, I am requesting that all of you, paying members or donators, stop sending money or donations. This will only enable my self-destructing lifestyle, and I need to heal before causing my ultimate demise. So please, STOP sending me money.

decryptedmatrix.com...

edit on 3.22.2016 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What exactly is being "extorted" here? Access to the site? Are you required to go there? Are you required to pay? Of course not. "Extortion" implies a threat of violence if you don't pay. The only real question here is why you would want to go to that site in the first place. It's not as if they have something special that can be found nowhere else. It's just like newspapers that have paywalls. When I encounter a paywall I just say, "No, thank you!" and go somewhere else. It's a rare bit of news that is unique on the Internet, and that site amounts to nothing much more than a news aggregator site. It's not worth going to in the first place. The fact that they are pulling this crap is just laughable. They can be safely ignored.
edit on 3/22/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It's just the whole business plan sucks. I realize nobody forces anyone where to go, but you try out different things, and see if you like them. I tried this out and found that it sucks badly. And just as I don't have to go back to that site, you don't have to read this thread. It's completely optional.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yeah, the site I believe you're referring to has been utterly ridiculous for a while, like years actually. I used to frequent it five or six years ago, and it was on a downward spiral then... Can't even imagine what it's like now.
edit on 22-3-2016 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Where is the bankrupt bit?
edit on 22-3-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
And whats up with that Tavistock thing?

WHY would the word "Tavistock" (which results in an instant ban) be such a dirty word to them unless they really DO have connections to Intelligence agencies?

_________ & ________ boss is Gen James N. Mattis, USMC — current Commander, U.S. Joint Forces Command.

ITK7: These two clowns must be sharing a brain, to leave their butts hanging out like this — the utter stupidity of attempting to suppress info re: Tavistock Behavioral Research Institute and it’s sister org Stanford Research Institute (SRI)… it’s like trying to collect the sand on the beach, it’s on Wikipedia, and their antics are all over the web!

intheknow7.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Hmmm, what could it be? lol

I think I discovered ATS and that one around the same time. It was interesting - a lot of way far-out stuff, fun reads, but kind of funneled into the same stuff, with very little in the way of intelligent content. And Thank God(s) ATS doesn't allow random Anonymous posting as some do.

Stay strong ATS, I can live with ads!

Back in the day, ATS would allow anonymous posting. Came with a cool avatar too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join