It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels Airport Explosions

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
So...Texas Senator and presidential candidate is having a press conference right now in response to the Brussels attacks.

Where is Obama? I haven't heard anything from him yet!

Obama's just finishing up wiping Raoul Castro's butt! He'll be right with us.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ove38

originally posted by: EA006

originally posted by: Ove38

originally posted by: EA006

originally posted by: saadad
This is conspiracy site, so let try to think if it is false flag what us the agenda?

To me it looks like Brussels is not a main target or I m wrong?

Brussels is the seat of the E.U.

The result of today will be a call for further solidarity in the member states and continuing co-operation in their on-going battle against extremism.

Or maybe a relocation of the seat

Interesting point.

I know, I even know where, but it is neither the time nor the place, to say right now. The new seat would make EU much stronger, Brussels is a weak spot.

So Britain then..... Good call.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I agree with what you are saying here...
But how exactly does one go about fighting ideology? Serious question.

....I have my thoughts, they aren't PC and I won't really post them here...because.

...but this could get really nasty, really quick. (not like it isn't already, but it can, and will get a lot worse before it gets any "better")

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Agreed well said jonjonj

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You're disturbed....right.

I do not believe in doing nothing, not in the least. I believe in only doing what is strictly necessary, in only applying punitive measures to those who have actually done something wrong,

You mean those currently splattered on the ground in an airport terminal, good luck in punishing them, , but what about their broad based community support, those who protest against arresting suspects, those who support radical Islam, those that believe in a single word Mohammed ever said, those like yourself that make sure the back door into Europe stays open and they establish enclaves in our Cities, leave them be and look forward to the next atrocity...?

also believe in trying to forge a future where those who believe the lie, that the Middle East never advanced past the Barbary pirate era, that it has always been a cess pit and nothing more, are no longer a statistically relevant voter bloc

Right, you work towards ensuring Europeans become a minority in their own Countries and every time an atrocity occurs you engage in damage limitation propaganda.

Without those things, all there can be is propaganda, and at the moment that is all anyone has.

No that's all you have, some of us retain sanity.

I firmly believe that if there is something to be done about the wider issue of immigration, it must be done only once every supremacist from my own shores

Supremacists as in the indigenous population, as they're all racists right...?

You can argue the toss, and if you want to characterise me in a way which makes it easier for you to ignore your responsibilities, then you have the right to do so.

Oh i won't be ignoring my responsibilities.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

We go door to door in the Islamic communities that we have *intelligence on* and root the jihadist out and those harboring and giving material support, now wether we kill them on the spot or ship them to some prison to rot and die in, is another question.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Well for one thing, recognising that there actually is an ideological confrontation would be the very first thing that we could do.
I for one do not want sharia law as my country's foundational platform, so anybody at all who promoted that would be subject to criminal prosecution. I would consider it to be treason.
Is that harsh? I suppose it is but this is a rather important issue, and I am not sure that appeasement ever works.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It's time to stop fighting reactive and defensive wars in our own city's, it's time to take it to them! So no that isn't harsh!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

I had my concerns about closing the borders-not anymore.

Women and children only from now on as far as I am concerned. Why should innocent people die due to some backwards belief system that encourages death and destruction? My sympathy can only extend so far and it extends to the innocent woman and children and not the fanatics clawing at the fences. If these Richard craniums continue on this path then there will be an inevitable retaliation.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
"There's nothing awesome here
Not a damn thing
There's nothing new
Just a bunch of people scared
Everybody's FN scared
Fear eats all the souls at once
I'm tired of it"

--Iggy Pop

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

-- Herman Goering

Again -- I don't have any easy answers. It is just frustrating to see so many of my fellow humans march to the drum of extreme binaries towards world war 4. The pundits and punters are readying their responses for TV news as we speak. All the crats are lining up on both sides to sling their vitriol. In the end, we will do what sells, and what sells is fear. Complex issues with hundreds (thousands) of variables are too complex to fix with sound bite journalism or reactionary policy-making by idiot celebritards.

But here we go.

My condolences to the victims. i wish we could do better.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I, for one, recognize this. I was blind to it for some time when I was a bit younger, but I see it clearly now.
And make that two of us that want nothing to do with Sharia law.

Appeasement doesn't work. I agree.
But as Tech is saying here, it's going to get very dirty, very quick.

When we boil it down, in Tech's terms (and my own views as well) we are really speaking of some nasty stuff.
It could easily spiral out of control and then the "cleansing" begins....see where I'm going with that?

Personally though, I am not sure I have much of a problem with that these days. Of course, I'm speaking in terms of some "fantasy world" where there are clear cut "good guys" and "bad guys"....this is not the world we live in, and there are so many enemies, on so many fronts....it's confusing to anyone that attempts to rationally analyze and understand the situation(s) that are in front of us for.

It's just f**king sad...
There is no "moral high ground" to be had....and there is no end in sight.

I cannot put into words all I want to say here, at this time.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well - you can say what you want but this is their own fault! European Leaders have failed their people by continuing importing people from countries with radical cultural difference and put them before their own people needs.

They don't understand that their actions are not humane but counter productive. Now they pay the price for it and they will continue to pay the price.

The European people are already starting to revolt by electing highly questionable parties - it's really sad if that's their only way of showing strength as people against their leaders.

I feel very bad for the Europeans and I hope we elect a leader here in the US that has the guts to at least try to protect us from this insanity.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

The problem is, in many ways, this actually perpetuates the problem, no? (blowback?)

I really see no easy solutions. Honestly, I see no solutions at all. Only more pain, more heart ache, and a lot more meaningless bloodshed.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is awful, as an Israeli I remember these scenes very well as a kid... At one point it used to be 2-3 suicide bombings like this every day...

It's just sad watching a European city getting shut down like that... The war on terror is a lost cause since every fight creates more terrorists.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

For one we need to start calling it what it is, and that is a war. the enemy uses society to hide behind because they won't put on a uniform, what option do we have? To sit here and be slaughtered at the radical whims of a patient enemy? You and I both know what has to happen and what will happen, if this continues. To everyone reading newsflash this isn't about bombing some middle eastern desert THERE HERE and have been here!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

I feel very bad for the Europeans and I hope we elect a leader here in the US that has the guts to at least try to protect us from this insanity.

How, exactly, is that achieved?
You really believe one "leader" is going to save us all? You really think said "leader" is going to usurp those deep six vested in the surveillance state and the MIC...etc etc etc?

Not going to happen. It's not "that easy"....like I said to others, there is no "moral high ground" or simple solutions to this complex problem.

Long gone are the days of isolating for the sake of not pissing off these types of extremists.
Meddling in their crappy s**t holes isn't helping, but stepping completely back and doing nothing isn't going to do anything, at this point either.

There is no "leader" coming to "save us".....

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye
This is awful, as an Israeli I remember these scenes very well as a kid... At one point it used to be 2-3 suicide bombings like this every day...

It's just sad watching a European city getting shut down like that... The war on terror is a lost cause since every fight creates more terrorists.

...and every terrorist we let live, creates more innocent victims of terrorism.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I have just been listening to Sky news and it was reported that intelligence agencies knew about imminent danger as they have been warned by Salah Abdeslam who was arrested days earlier.

If true, then why didn`t they take it seriously enough? I think this is a fair question considering that someone did take it seriously when the word was spread yesterday of possible threat as seen in the other thread. Even if a diversion, someone knew something and no one seemed to care to do anything about it!!!
edit on 22-3-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Well, that was certainly a good way of avoiding any of the parts of my argument that would have caused you difficulty in refuting, without expressing your bias.

Way to pick the low hanging fruit.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I'm clearly calling it what it is. I am not blind to this.

But to claim that meddling in their countries and bombing the sh*t out of hundreds of thousands...nay, millions, is not part of this is to be blatantly obtuse.

the enemy uses society to hide behind because they won't put on a uniform, what option do we have? To sit here and be slaughtered at the radical whims of a patient enemy?

Well, yeah, of course. If you are the "underdog" are you going to put on a uniform (might as well put a freakin' target on your back) or are you going to use other tactics? That's really a no brainer.

I am not advocating sitting by and waiting "to be slaughtered".....I'm just saying, this could get really nasty. I mean, boil it down and we are talking about CLEANSING here....we can call it what we want and attempt to be all PC and not step on toes, but that is what it is.

Like I said, for those that remember the movie "Children of Men" (the sterility of society notwithstanding) THAT is the world we will soon inhabit. Mark these words. I see it so clearly.
Keep your guns close, that's all I know.

ETA:

To everyone reading newsflash this isn't about bombing some middle eastern desert THERE HERE and have been here!

This is not some "newsflash" to those that have been paying attention. But you seem to be denying some of the facts of the reasons "they are here"....
You seem to ignore the blowback issues. I am wrong about that, or are you seriously remaining ignorant to that, for reasons?
edit on 22-3-2016 by Jakal26 because: just asking

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join