It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels Airport Explosions

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I think it's reasonable to remember at all times, that the situation with the extremism we see from the Middle East and specifically the issue of Muslim extremists, is not a product of the culture itself, but a product of external influences on that culture, over many generations now.

The people of the Middle East have been used a proxy by every major power in the west, and by the Russians, while catching heat from every direction. Afghanistan in the fifties and sixties, for example, was a forward thinking, open society. Women went about dressed as they might on any street in any major city in Europe, mini skirts, hair blowing in the wind. Architecture was advancing and modern, beautiful water gardens had been laid, and the lives of ordinary people were not just improving, but good.

The Russian invasion there, and the subsequent recruitment and training of locals by the CIA as well as its international partners in the Five Eyes intelligence community, is what lead rise to the situation we see there now, where much is in ruins and all is tribalism and madness, or at least has been.

Scars like this do not heal if they are constantly reopend, but they have been. The same flawed tactics that turned around on western powers before, have been repeated ad infinitum since then, with virtually no alternative ever being considered, let alone enacted. We are literally in the situation now, where our foreign policy on the covert side, has necessitated remedial measures on the overt side. We literally go to war with people who would not be where they are in life, if it were not for western meddling in their affairs.

People often seem to simplify these matters beyond the point where the conclusions take into account the realities. It is a complex matter, involving decades of short changing, backstabbing, and puppetry, and those who have suffered most as a result are conveniently kept out of sight, so that all we see from here is an enemy, when all there really are is people our tax money helped to break, being broken and having no escape from the mess we helped make, and have never tried to actually atone for.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: moth115

It refers to Genesis 3,22 in the bible where adam and eve eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and the supposed enlightenment of man ie Satanism

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Can someone please explain the references above to "322"?
Of course it is the date, but is there some importance in this date?
I must have missed that.
Thank you!

"Skull and bones secret society bush jr and john Kerry.. 322 is their secret number.
That's what the other posters refer to.
Yale..

Just google it.

They are connecting this event to that based on it being the 22nd of March.

Loose connection in my mind.

edit on 22-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Is this a surprise? With the arrest over the weekend of the terrorist, it was known he was hiding in plain sight in the neighborhood he was captured, protected by the people in the whole town. There is a culture of people, I won't say who, who condone and promote these animals. I'll no doubt be labeled a bigot and racist, but the truth is then labeled.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Its Secret Society "Skull and Bones"

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

'Muslims are peaceful and tolerent people' Hillary Clinton

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

If it was my brother i would take arms and join the army and make it harder for terrorists to kill.

If it was Hillary.. Idk i would sit in home and be glad another power figure ia gone.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
When will these scumbags be satisfied...they've killed enough innocent people already.

When they'll be no more infidels (according to them)...Which means never. And that raises the question, what is the root of the problem here, west's tolerance and compassion or a barbaric mentality fueled by a belief system based on violence? Remove the source of the problem, you remove the threat (and obviously the problem too). We all know what the cancer is.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Religion.

No religion - more peace

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This discussion about "322" is pretty irrelevant IMHO. These attacks took place in Brussels, not in the USA. For events which occur in the US, by all means use American dating, like "9/11", for example. And we'll go along with that fine. But here in Europe we follow the dating convention that is most common in the world: dd/mm/yy.

In other words, for European countries (and excluding the US, many other countries that consider this year to be 2016) the date today is "22/3". Not "3/22".

Trying to place a US-centric spin on this, such as quoting references to biblical verses on the basis of "322" is pretty absurd. The world does not revolve around the US system of dating, nor do those outside of the US take it into account for events that occur more locally to us. The attackers probably didn't care about it either.
edit on 22/3/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone
And that is your answer. They want you to hurt! The only way to do this is to attack the innocent

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Quick. Get some 'Political Correctness' in this thread....STAT!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Now2016
a reply to: BlueAjah

Its Secret Society "Skull and Bones"

wow this thread has gone out of control

link   
The same reason muslims are attacking is , is the same reason the church send all those man to die back in the middle ages: Religion and Beliefs.

link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Wow. Thank you (and others).

I had to Google that, and... it's a little scary.
Not yet convinced it has anything do with today's events, but it makes me curious to do more research.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Wow, that's a really thought out and good post. I would go on to say, that in addition to all of these proxy wars going on in the middle east, and of course covert ops, etc. The cold war, and on and on. You also have a lot of people in power there that are indeed religious fanatics and they manipulate the people by means of religion to further their own ends.

It's all too complex to figure out or answer simply like you stated though. It is a supremely complex problem, and one I do not think humankind is able to answer without radical action. If mankind would even begin to hint at an imaginary peace they can never achieve, they will have to do what seems impossible and get rid of religion earth-wide and all of its adherents. Not meaning slaughtering every single religious person, but taking out all religious leaders, and forcing all others to repudiate their faiths or face drastic consequences.

I believe this will be the ultimate solution mankind will come to. It hasn't gotten to that point yet. But things will continue to worsen, until the time comes, that political powers will see that using religion to further their ends is no longer a benefit, but a hindrance to their operations, and out of desperation, in light of the worsening world conditions, and out of an understanding that in order to preserve their governmental structures, they will turn on her.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
If and when they say ISIS made this attack, will you swallow it, will you swallow it next time, when will you stop swallowing it?

I'm afraid we have no way of proving who in the fckn earth presses dem buttons which goes boom.

yea but, krhm... hate terrorists.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Sorry I was responding to the question what does 322 mean,not suggesting this was such an event

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Playing devil's advocate here: We can either find a way to de-escalate the situation, or run its subroutine to its logical end-point. There are people calling the bad guys names because they attack civilians, but there are millions of dead civilians in the countries they come from as well, as a direct result of arming various factions of madmen in their various fights for supremacy. I'm sure it all seemed like a good idea at the time. I mean, doesn't it always?

Nevertheless, these are our choices in the west. De-escalate and hope for growing stability and less violence over the very long term, or crack down even harder in an effort to exterminate extremism (which will, naturally, breed more extremism).

I don't even pretend to have answers anymore, but I am just a citizen of the "righteous" west. I know I would prefer to live to love another day. I am pretty sure most people do.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

But hurting make us stronger. If the king is dead will the coutry strike back? Or when the villages are attacked.

When a village is destroyed people rise arms against the threat. If a wolf attacks the sheeps we stand and kill the wolf, But when the villager is killed and the sheeps untouched , what do we do? It happens.

If the king dies we will mourn it. and new kingnwill be chosen. Isnt this when a country is most vulnerable?

If all soldiers die will the normal people attack with full force or will tje soldiers attack when all villagers die?

The point of a war is not to make yoir enemy more angry, but to win and stop it before it could do anu damage to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join