It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not really a rant but an odd thing I just found out about ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hey

This will probably get removed pretty quickly but here goes

For an entire forum that's based on discussing theories and 'alternative' events, why do ATS shut down any thread on Hitler?

If it's a holocaust denial thread then fair enough take it down, although we all know stats were misconstrued over the years but that's not the case, I thought the whole point of this forum was to discuss, no matter how ludicrous, out-landish or hypothesized a theory is.

So is it ANYTHING Hitler related gets closed or just the obvious troll/holocaust denial threads? Someone clear this up for me, I'm not really a fan of websites that shut down any point of discussion

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Im pretty sure you can make hitler threads, just not supportive ones

Exhibit a: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So discussing hitler is ok.

Saying hitler was super Kawaii and everything he did was the work of god would be a big no no
edit on 21-3-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

Exhibit number dos: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-3-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: conz1992
Hey

This will probably get removed pretty quickly but here goes

For an entire forum that's based on discussing theories and 'alternative' events, why do ATS shut down any thread on Hitler?

If it's a holocaust denial thread then fair enough take it down, although we all know stats were misconstrued over the years but that's not the case, I thought the whole point of this forum was to discuss, no matter how ludicrous, out-landish or hypothesized a theory is.

So is it ANYTHING Hitler related gets closed or just the obvious troll/holocaust denial threads? Someone clear this up for me, I'm not really a fan of websites that shut down any point of discussion

I cant answer your question, but i sure hope they don't take down holocaust denier threads, as long as the thread isnt just insults but is a proper debate on the matter.

I've seen some fairly horrible views on gays here on ATS, so i dont think they censor so much.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's just I saw this thread and within that is a pinned post about making Hitler threads. I guess it's the way the post is worded it makes it sound like 'DO NOT POST ANYTHING ABOUT HITLER' which I found weird since it's on a forum for discussing...out there and alternative things. The thread in question was supposedly a thread called Hitler against the NWO or something, so I'm not sure how much it had to do with holocaust denial

According to the thread they take holocaust denial threads seriously, taking them down on sight. Even though the thought of it is a terrible thing, I think it's still healthy to discuss.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

It's just I saw this thread and within that is a pinned post about making Hitler threads. I guess it's the way the post is worded it makes it sound like 'DO NOT POST ANYTHING ABOUT HITLER' which I found weird since it's on a forum for discussing...out there and alternative things. The thread in question was supposedly a thread called Hitler against the NWO or something, so I'm not sure how much it had to do with holocaust denial

According to the thread they take holocaust denial threads seriously, taking them down on sight. Even though the thought of it is a terrible thing, I think it's still healthy to discuss.

Interesting. Could be that ATS is a German company (i have no idea, im just guessing)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: conz1992

I entered "hitler" into the search box and found a ton of threads, quite a few recent ones too.

Maybe if you had a thread shutdown or 404'ed you crossed some line? If so, then shoot the mod who deleted it a message and ask why. They will give you the reason it was trashed.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: conz1992

You will have better luck with Hitler than a Sandy Hook thread.

They can't stand those.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

It's just I saw this thread and within that is a pinned post about making Hitler threads.

Then you got the answer and this is a redundant thread.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join