It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans getting worms just like their pet

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hi folks,
About a month ago my cat got worms and he got his medicine. At that point I had been taking antibiotics for a tick bite. A week later I bought some flea pills for my cat because the vet said the way my cat got worms was from eating a flea.

I've been itching in personal places for awhile since my cats worm and flea ordeal and figured it was some yeast overgrowth due to the antibiotics I took for tick bite... well my cat has worms again and just like him, I found the same condition on myself.

I have a dr. Appointment tomorrow and my cat has his on Thursday.

I'm curious if any on has had experience with this occurring in their own life... Did I swallow a flea!?!
I tried looking up this condition I'm experiencing and keep finding pinworms are what is like my condition and that pinworms aren't the same as what cats get, but it looks the same as what my cat has.

This is embarrassing, but I'm hoping for anyone to share what they know about what's going on.
Thank you for reading and any info you may have to share.
edit on 21-3-2016 by peppycat because: ughh...!

edit on 21-3-2016 by peppycat because: a word here a word there

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat
Get black walnut and probiotics. Read up on black walnut. Wash all bedding and towels in hot water and often. See doctor -
No embarrassment. Fleas can give you tapeworms so do see doctor. You will be fine. Cat and pet kisses are a must so this happens - sharing the love, ha ha. On phone so this is quick but caring reply. Lots of herbal deworming remedies so one can pick and chose but black walnut covers all.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull Thank you for the reply, I truly appreciate it and will look into black walnut. I have a dr. Appointment tomorrow. I'm kissin' and huggin' my cat like there is no tomorrow and he is around my pillow a lot. My bedding will have a thorough washing and frequent changing in the next few days.
Thank you!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
No problem! Worms are icky but you're the boss so fry the little suckers!!! a reply to: peppycat

edit on 21/3/16 by ccseagull because: Typo

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Not too long ago a member that i personally consider underrated, made a thread that may be of your interest

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Beware your cat

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So my vet tried explaining the process in which a pet gets tapeworm. He said first your pet swallows a flea, then poop's out a sac, after a while then the tapeworm shows up... I might be leaving something out and will try to find the process.
I'm really trying to figure out the difference between getting pinworms and tapeworms... hopefully the doctor will know what's going on. I'd rather not have any worms but pinworms seem like a total cleansing of house ordeal and tapeworms not as likely for me to spread anything ughhh...

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent Thanks, I marked that thread to read later, it looks interesting.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

considering the similarities in mammalian physiology - the revalation that all mamals are potential hosts to various ` worms ` - should be no surprise

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
So my vet tried explaining the process in which a pet gets tapeworm. He said first your pet swallows a flea, then poop's out a sac, after a while then the tapeworm shows up... I might be leaving something out and will try to find the process.
I'm really trying to figure out the difference between getting pinworms and tapeworms... hopefully the doctor will know what's going on. I'd rather not have any worms but pinworms seem like a total cleansing of house ordeal and tapeworms not as likely for me to spread anything ughhh...

Pinworms? Would confirm with the vet on what they found. To me it sounds like tapeworm. What your finding is proglottids(the "sac" mentioned). These are segments from tapeworms that contain tapeworms eggs that fleas feed on.

Image on lifecycle

Clean all feces from the house after worming your pet.

More common in children those swallowing flea accidents can happen in adults.

I your cat needs to be treated for cat tapeworms; There's a main praziquantel wormer on the market to treat these,I suggest Amazon for a better deal for those on a budget as pet shops will run about $25( if in US) dollars for a bottle of three pills.

Your doctor will do a fecal to see if you have them, would wait for that info as well.
edit on 21-3-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake Thank you, I'm just a bit of a wreck right now and am trying to make sense of the itching I am experiencing in my personal areas and I came across pinworms doing this.
The vet said he saw a tapeworm segment on my cats bottom and luckily doesn't charge an arm and a leg for services. Along with getting his worm pill, my cat is getting a check up for some fighting wounds he had to take antibiotics for because of fever from infection. I have kept my cat indoors for his wounds to heal and until he gets the okay on his fever will stay indoors.
I really appreciate your reply. I had to get the flea medicine too for my cat because he had a horrible flea problem at the time of his first de-worming. The fleas were so bad, when I scratched his fur, you could feel a bunch of flea poop grits. He took the flea pill about three weeks ago and the gritty poop is gone in his fur and on skin, but he still has some fleas.
I'm relying on a natural bug spray made with essential oils until I can use the heavy chemical powder on my rug when he is out of the house.
The itching and swarming around feeling on my personal areas had me bothered and I finally looked... I'd rather it be tapeworm than pinworms and it is very likely I may have swallowed a flea in my sleep.
Dr. Appointment tomorrow ... ugh... Thank you again.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

It's really nothing to immediately worry about. Humans and Helminths go way back, but it's hard to say for sure which species it is without more specific detail. I'm assuming you're describing enterobiasis, and the affected area is your anal region. It'll probably be pinworm. It's more of a nuisance than a serious medical condition.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard Thank you for your reply.
So, do cats get pinworms too and or this is a coincidence that my cat has tapeworm sacs and sesame seed like things and I have pinworms at the same time?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I hope you get everything all fixed up soon Peppycat and your kitty as well!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman Thank you Brotherman! If it's not one thing it's the next! I will update what's going on with me and my cat after our appointments.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

www.naturalnews.com...
How to identify and remove parasites from your body

ETA:
Black walnut, Pau D'Arco, and wormwood should not be used when pregnant or lactating.

Coptis Chinensis, Barberry, and Goldenseal are not to be used when pregnant, and limit use to 7 days for adults--3 days for children (followed by 3 days off).
edit on 21-3-2016 by gmoneystunt because: add

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt Thank you I have been considering cutting out sugar and I see from your links this is one of the natural protocols. I've also considered taking apple cider vinegar and I see goldenseal is also on the list and I am familiar with that herb and have used it before for other issues... so along with whatever my doc says is going on and if I have to take a heavy meds... I'm definitely going to try some natural remedies.
Thank you!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Just letting you know, I sent you a private message

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Not too long ago a member that i personally consider underrated, made a thread that may be of your interest

Beware your cat

Nice thread, I also made an thread similar to that, on the same topic
edit on 22-3-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Are you a first time cat owner ? Tapeworm infestation between cat and human happens more frequently than you think. And , yes they are caused (mainly) by the cat eating a flea. Unless say it was a feral kitten. Same with dogs.They are easily treatable with animals as well as people. If you have a cat pan that you sift , wear a surgical mask and latex gloves. Then wash afterwards. Little buggers can infect you from the dust.Once you get rid of them , rarely do they come back .

I take in stray animals , take them to the vet for health checks and their shots . Then I adopt them out....

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog I'm not a first time cat owner and that's the thing, I have never had problems worrying about getting worms. I didn't think you could get tapeworms from cleaning the litter box.... this is new for me because my whole life, my cats have always gone outside. My cat has been kept indoors as of lately because of this or that and is using a litter box.
My vet told me I could only get worms like my cat if I swallow a flea... I have gloves and will start using them to clean litter box.
Thank you for the advice!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join