It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To clear up the disimfornation behind mental illness and why it offsets YOU.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Many people that are attacked by electronic weapons have high intellect, have bachelor degrees, and mental illnesses that make them prone to drugs, alcohol and other coping mechanisms. Do you trolls, to be exact, think that the only mental illness is schizophrenia with delusional beliefs? The most common is bipolar depression and the mania associated. Everyone has this in America according to a Harvard research study. You just don't know what the next man is going through. Just because some are ignorant of psychiatry and live miserable, never discovered lives, doesn't mean that us who address the issue with psychiatric intervention are any different in terms of the right to believability and does not mean we have any deficits in critical thinking.

To even live a mentally healthy life you need to find a psychiatrist that believes in poly-pharmacy and is wiling to hang in there until the long run to see you gain a mentally balanced life. It fascinates me that a majority, of say, whites are murderers and rapists without conscious. Go and troll them and leave out the whites who have been disenfranchised.

I think that the majority of wrongdoers are on this site.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EgoLight

The most common is bipolar depression and the mania associated. Everyone has this in America according to a Harvard research study.
Do you have a reference for that?

It fascinates me that a majority, of say, whites are murderers and rapists without conscious. Go and troll them and leave out the whites who have been disenfranchised.
What does being white have to do with mental illness?

-dex

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Mood Disorders - Reference

We must keep fear alive. There were no reasons for the clouds.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I am not really understanding your post, but I will say that mental illness should not be stigmatized or hated or looked down upon that society needs to let go of this old form of looking at things so we can gain a more mentally stable and healthy society.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Alrighty then...I can't follow whatever it is you're trying to say. You're kind of all over the place. And why would you bring race into it?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I have experienced mental illness on both sides of the fence. I have worked with people with severe mental illness, and have handy own issues with depression.

The stigma associated with mental illness in our society is sad and discouraging, forcing people who are struggling with their own doubts and demons, to have to also cbe confronted by the misconceptions of others, often the people closest to them who they should be able to turn to for support

I think the stereotype that irritated me the most and seemed the most glaring to me is the idea that if someone is mentally ill, that are also mentally retarded. I can not count the number of times I heard both expressions interchanged when talking about the issue. I have known many intelligent people with MI, and some who were not so smart. In fact one of the biggest tragedy in my eyes concerning mental illness is the bright and promising young adults who seem the have the whole world laid out in front of them, develop schizophrenia, a disease that effects their senses, as well as their thought processes, and adds that much to their struggle to understand a world that has become so confusing.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: EgoLight
I think that the majority of wrongdoers are on this site.

Looks like you hit the nail on the head after reading the response from AdmireTheDistance and the stars attached to his post.

The fallen watchers back in the days of Atlantas found it easier to manipulate white skin humans DNA rather than black skin.

This is why many whites function as Gate-keepers, opening portals to and from the spirit world because they are tainted with fallen angel DNA. The medical illness epilepsy is a common result where a daemon occupies a part of the humans' brain.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ignore the skeptics. Soon they are all going to be drafted for their precious World War 3 and shipped off to the Valley of Megiddo north of Israel where they will be nuked.

This is why the Djinn world constantly laughs at skeptics. They are so predictable.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran
Ignore the skeptics. Soon they are all going to be drafted for their precious World War 3 and shipped off to the Valley of Megiddo north of Israel where they will be nuked.

Wouldn't ignoring dissenting opinions on an issue -- any issue -- by a closed-minded and small-minded thing to do?

Some of the people on this thread who have asked skeptical questions seemed to have asked really good questions. Why should they be ignored?

edit on 3/22/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.” - Joseph Campbell,

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Is it possible for anyone to mention mental illness without the S-word? In the UK, every time it is mentioned, the S-word comes in quick succession. It's been done so many times that people actually believe there is an S-word and therefore act accordingly. I am diagnosed with Schizophrenia and my five year old niece has no issue with it, so the S-word isn't something there naturally. She knows to stay away from people with colds so she doesn't catch one... The mental health/S-word connection is therefore planted at a more advanced stage in our psyche at a relatively advanced age when it really shouldn't be. The Nazis planted the idea that the Jews were inferior by constantly saying that they weren't in the beginning. Over time the idea caught hold that they were. Say it enough and people will believe it.

In my view psychiatry is quackery. How can something as complex as the mind be diagnosed as not well with just a fifteen minute chat? If you have a persistent stomach ache there are tests and scans performed which can take weeks to produce a diagnosis. Yet, the function of our very being, which is unique to every individual can be classed and categorised at the drop of a hat and inevitably medication quickly follows, even though they have yet to analyse with MRI scanning people with psychosis to see if there is a physiological cause. And despite our minds all being different, medication is a one-stop shop that does little more than impair the synaptic pathways to try and prevent symptoms while causing side-effects that decrease quality of life such as impotence, agitation leading to painful joints, blurred vision, massively increased appetite, acne, urinary problems, slowed reactions so I can't drive and more. I, for example, have all these, have never heard the voices but am still prescribed the same drugs as someone who does with a completely differently wired brain. (I have an IQ of over 150.)

I have found psychiatrists to be the most inflexible and least empathic of all medical experts. I call them Pharisees because like those in the Bible they seem hell bent on contradicting and trying to ensnare their patients. Questions such as "Do you know why you're here?" and "Why do you think people are concerned about you?" result in the unwitting 'confessing' to be ill. Imagine trying to sum up all your thoughts over the previous four weeks, say, in a couple of sentences. Would you form a cohesive, structured response? Try it. And then there is "Are you suffering from a mental illness?" Who in their right mind would answer 'yes' when the psychiatrists themselves don't understand fundamentally what mental health is about, so how can a 'patient'? The fact that statutory mental health assessments require two doctors sums up how subjective the topic is, and if your doctor has no life experience ones thoughts must be defined by their parameters and definition of 'normality' which one can only guess because the interview is one-way. Their frame of mind and mood will also contribute to their assessment. If they have never been bullied they can never understand how a gay person who came out at school thinks. If they have never had a trauma they can never understand the associated stress. If they have never been mugged they can't understand paranoia in public places. AND they don't listen! My consultant is from Nigeria and for two years thought I kept ducks in the house and took them for walks. I have two DOGS and an East England accent! Who keeps ducks in the house?
edit on 22-3-2016 by Koban because:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.” - Joseph Campbell,

That should be psychiatrist. They would be more effective if they had crystal balls.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Koban

I only brought up the "S-word" as you call it, because to me it is a glaring example of how unfair and very wrong the association of low IQ and mental illness is. Thank you very much for proving my point.

top topics

join