It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Wall: Here are a few things to consider [VIDEO]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
wrong thread...removed

edit on 3/21/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Ghost147

So all I saw was him saying will commit the US to be a middle man between Israel and Palestine. That he will make all parties agree to terms along a line of give and take of things of value. Terms THEY set between them.

He is saying that it is Israels and Irans problem but he will be the middle person and make everyone adhere to the conditions they agree to.

He didnt talk about invading Palestine, he said he will let Israel and them negotiate and will make sure BOTH parties adhere to the conditions THEY set and agree to.

"Make Them Adhere to Their Terms" makes it sound like we're the owner of these two nations. Trump's administration should facilitate negotiations, then step out of the way after an agreement is signed. If one side or the other wants to start beating the war drums again, let them.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Illegal immigration separated my family for years while the system processed my wifes visa. Took so damned long because the system is overwhelmed with illegal cases bogging it down. Took so damned long my son was born in Mexico. I have a Mexican son that will become a citizen, but who now cant run for certain offices and will be forever limited thanks to this.

If illegals were FORCED to go through proper channels my wifes visa would have taken a couple weeks, instead of years.

Immigration reform is what is beyond the wall. SOMETHING LONG OVER DUE!

That is why this immigrant family will be voting for Trump.

The BS arguments and Sunday concerns have to end. Where is the moral outrage for people like me that are separated from loved ones due to processing time thanks to illegal immigration getting precedence?

I refuse to break the law or have my wife live as a second class citizen so I have to wait in the back of the line while everyone else rushes ahead with no consequences?

Its like being on line (Que) at the supermarket and everyone else rushing the cashier. Its complete BS.

edit on 3 21 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If Trump cuts the gov as much as he can, there will be plenty of unemployed gov workers who can be used to fill up an alien deportation system and wall construction force. By the time the wall is built and the aliens are gone there will be a stronger economy with permanent private sector careers for the ex-gov employees.

The moon shot of economics.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Basically it means YOU TWO set the terms and the consequences for not following those terms. I will follow what the contract says and make good on those consequences---, since you both agree that is what should happen should the contract be broken by either party-

Its a TYPICAL concept of contracts between parties both small and large.

When one fails to adhere to the conditions set in the contract that THEY AGREE TO, the consequences they agreed to are taken into effect by the middle person that brokered the deal or whoever they said should do that.

Its pretty simple.

Ever had a contract where you agreed to do something and then failed to do it? Then the third party (broker) who negotiated between you and the other in turn does what the contract says will happen?

Like a credit card? Car loan? A will?

Thats this. Thats all.

EDIT TO ADD:
This was posted in wrong thread. LoL
Was for trump speach at AIPAC.

Funny enough it applies.

edit on 3 21 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I love how no one here has refuted any of the facts in the video, which makes me think that a lot of people are commenting here without watching it.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: vethumanbeing

tadaman: Illegal immigration separated my family for years while the system processed my wifes visa. Took so damned long because the system is overwhelmed with illegal cases bogging it down. Took so damned long my son was born in Mexico. I have a Mexican son that will become a citizen, but who now cant run for certain offices and will be forever limited thanks to this.

Mine too; 100's of years of strange migration (Scottish, English, Maya) a crazy mix of immigrants that flourished to make 7 people (not a nation just a strange family).

tadaman: If illegals were FORCED to go through proper channels my wifes visa would have taken a couple weeks, instead of years. Immigration reform is what is beyond the wall. SOMETHING LONG OVER DUE!
That is why this immigrant family will voting for Trump.The BS arguments and Sunnay concerns have to end. Where is the moral outrage for people like me that are separated from loved ones.

Trump/Trumka is a Bohemian name (they are from Bohemia) absorbed by Slovakia (Check Republic).

tadaman:I refuse to break the law or have my wife live as a second class citizen so I have to wait in the back of the line while everyone else rushes ahead with no consequences?Its like being on line at the supermarket and everyone else rushing the cashier. Its BS.

Hey there; its ok.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
I love how no one here has refuted any of the facts in the video, which makes me think that a lot of people are commenting here without watching it.

You aren't the only one who had noticed

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

The US/Mexico border is 1,933 miles.

Israel's longest border is under 500 Km's. That's about 310 miles.

Hungary's fence is about 110 miles long. Oh and we are going to staff this huge wall too? So we need to put thousands of people on government payroll and equipment them too. The cost of of that must be added.

The point being that those walls drastically reduced illegal immigration, not that it's going to be as easy to build on in the US.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Some great points about the wall were brought up in this thread which we are participating in. I would like to take a moment and propose a long term solution and get some feed back.

people have said oh well walls wont stop people from coming in from the ocean or canada.

Earlier i said we could build walls on the ocean. I think this idea is very smart. I know what smart is, i have a very high iq.

Problem is i do not think that will completely stop the problem with illegal and them stealing our jobs.

imgur.com...

The image of the united state is just a rough draft, but i am sure we can all agree that it is an ideal start.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoonNova
I think this idea is very smart. I know what smart is, i have a very high iq.

Right...

Well statistically speak I probably have a higher IQ than you, not that it matters because IQ isn't a great form of deciphering intelligence anyway considering the traits that are attributed to intelligence that IQ tests either don't evaluate or do so poorly.

Then there are conditions which can severely affect a persons IQ score, such as Dyslexia, despite being clearly intelligent (look at Einstein as an example of this)

Of course, you know all this because 'you know what smart is'

Problem is i do not think that will completely stop the problem with illegal and them stealing our jobs.

I don't believe anyone here is arguing that it will completely stop illegal immigrants stealing American jobs.
edit on 21/3/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Oliver talked for 20 min.

The substance of it was 5 min or less.

How much money would be saved by eliminating bi-lingual education alone?

The fiscal 2010 budget appropriation for the Office of English Language Acquisition totaled $750 million and the request for the upcoming year is $800 million.

www.thefiscaltimes.com...

We would save 800 million each year from eliminating bi-lingual education alone.

Those 33 "Laws" are not natural laws. They are actually gov pronouncements. Good riddance.

The eminent domain part is a deal breaker for me. But I think Fed Gov is an abomination in the first place.

If the economy gets good enough, the govs will wither away.

The only way to get a better economy is with less gov and more freedom. Then the US can lead by example and the rest of the world can do what it wants to.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MoonNova

Ok. It's been all fine and fun. You do a fairly decent job of playing a dopey Trump follower. But pack it in... you've had a good run. Had you been slightly more reserved you could have pulled it off a bit longer. I'm actually surprised it's lasted this long... I'm sure you are too.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Right... Well statistically speak I probably have a higher IQ than you, not that it matters because IQ isn't a great form of deciphering intelligence anyway considering the traits that are attributed to intelligence that IQ tests either don't evaluate or do so poorly.

Then there are conditions which can severely affect a persons IQ score, such as Dyslexia, despite being clearly intelligent (look at Einstein as an example of this)

Now I am interested. What is your intelligence quotient Ghost147? Is it 147?
edit on 22-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Right... Well statistically speak I probably have a higher IQ than you, not that it matters because IQ isn't a great form of deciphering intelligence anyway considering the traits that are attributed to intelligence that IQ tests either don't evaluate or do so poorly.

It is

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

It is

YOU ARE FUNNY! (congratulations). Apparently an outstanding beautiful form/expression (your avatar) does not have to match intelligence if in fact resembles the exact opposite. Perhaps cancel or promote each other?
edit on 22-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I watch John Oliver and saw this show. He is a comedian not a reporter. Nothing he said was done in a way I took it seriously and I am guessing you probably realize that the story was skewed to make it funny. That is what comedians do...it isn't like it was a serious piece or even good with the 'facts' it used.

This thread should be moved to the Jokes, Puns and Pranks forum or has ATS now come to the point where we use Saturday Night Live skits and other comedy shows as a serious topic for an OP?

They miss jon stewart so bad, don't they.

lol!

@GHOST147

NM.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

It is

YOU ARE FUNNY! (congratulations). Apparently an outstanding beautiful form/expression (your avatar) does not have to match intelligence if in fact resembles the exact opposite. Perhaps cancel or promote each other?

This sentence doesn't make sense. Regardless, I'm not sure why an avatar would ever dictate, represent, or have any other relation to anyone's intelligence, if that's what you were trying to express.

Could we focus on the topic at hand please?

edit on 22/3/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Yeah that was painful. I can't tell if he's calling you dumb or complimenting you. I'm pretty sure he likes the avatar; it is pretty bitchin'.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Haha, thanks. Yes, I got that much out of the comment as well

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join